Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Verandis Ravenwatch a remnant of the Direnni Hegemony?

Crazyprophet
Crazyprophet
✭✭✭
In Rivenspire Verandis mentions he's from an old family. He's conspicuous in the region - a High Elf who is also a Breton Noble is quite unusual indeed. My guess is that he's Direnni - but what does everyone think? Is there additional lore on it that I've missed?
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not an expert on lore but I see nothing to completely rule it out but nothing I've seen confirms it either unless I forgot or missed something. He is an altmer as far as we know but as you say spends a lot of time in Breton lands.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly with all that we know this makes a ton of sense. Would also mean a lot when it comes to Rada al-Saran and his relationship as they're both incredibly ancient. Direnni are Altmer so checks out, and this wouldn't be the first Direnni Rada has interacted with as Lady Thorn is one to.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Atharaon
    Atharaon
    ✭✭✭
    His backstory is totally shrouded in mystery so it's hard to say. Even the name "Ravenwatch" may well not be his original family name. All we can say for sure is he was around in the First Era, probably well-educated or skilled in some way that attracted Rada al-Saran, and has never been known to live anywhere other than High Rock (as far as I'm aware). It's also probably worth noting that the Direnni Elves weren't all literally of Clan Direnni. The name is applied in common discourse to both the clan and to the wider groups of High Elven settlers who migrated to High Rock alongside them, so it's possible that Ravenwatch is some kind of transliteration or bastardised version of an ancient clan name. Ultimately, it's all pure speculation.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atharaon wrote: »
    His backstory is totally shrouded in mystery so it's hard to say. Even the name "Ravenwatch" may well not be his original family name. All we can say for sure is he was around in the First Era, probably well-educated or skilled in some way that attracted Rada al-Saran, and has never been known to live anywhere other than High Rock (as far as I'm aware). It's also probably worth noting that the Direnni Elves weren't all literally of Clan Direnni. The name is applied in common discourse to both the clan and to the wider groups of High Elven settlers who migrated to High Rock alongside them, so it's possible that Ravenwatch is some kind of transliteration or bastardised version of an ancient clan name. Ultimately, it's all pure speculation.

well dunmer who are part of great houses dont always have the name dres or telvanni but are of the house soits possible he is part of Direnni just doesnt have their last name.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    Atharaon wrote: »

well dunmer who are part of great houses dont always have the name dres or telvanni but are of the house soits possible he is part of Direnni just doesnt have their last name.

Dunmer Houses are more like businesses or clubs than simply a "family" (specifically the 5 houses). Sure there is a core group of individuals that belong to the House through familial relations. But I don't believe we have ever seen such a thing with High Elves.
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on February 19, 2021 11:28PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus