The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alma Ruma Scroll Hiding Cheat/Hack

Aquatorch
Aquatorch
✭✭✭
Every time anyone tries to take the Alma Ruma scroll from DC, they hide the scroll inside a tower and no one else is able to get up there.

What is the solution to this?

https://youtu.be/D2k3Bw_Oy-s
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_AntonioP

Can any of you comment on this? We had well over 100 AD that couldn't figure out how to get the scroll. This isn't a one-off situation though. This is happening every single time now.
  • Australien
    Australien
    ✭✭
    A substantial amount of time was wasted trying to figure this out, notwithstanding we were not able to secure the points from having it in AD hands.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night a group of DC took a scroll to the top of that mountain in EP territory (with the Skyshard) and nuked anyone who came up through the door.

Is not the solution in all such cases to hold the keep from which it was taken and watch for the scroll to move? I believe the scroll must be secured in another keep within twenty minutes or else it will return to whence it was taken.
  • jwarren68
    jwarren68
    ✭✭✭
    It happens ALL the time, too!
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    I've submitted tickets for this in the past too, but no response...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jwarren68 wrote: »
    It happens ALL the time, too!

Yep.

There is a spot near Cropsford (a cave that you fall into, a gaping pit that is an entrance to a delve) that sometimes is used for griefing / trolling. A re-logger grabs the scroll and jumps with it into delve.

Of course, player loads into delve, but the scroll is still in the main Cyro map, or rather under the map... It similar to how scroll carrier-troll jumps into deep water and gets killed by slaughterfish.... and scroll is out of reach, and people need to wait for it to re-spawn.

To me, it looks like this area (tower) is only accessible via some quest (some one can enter the tower only when they have certain quest active).

There is a lot of such places that ZOS should have looked into long time ago... but nothing was addressed & fixed. :|

Edit: I am not sure, but since it is a DC camp with sieges, then maybe it is a part of "Siege Warfare (Covenant)" tutorial quest ? ? ? idk
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Siege_Warfare_(Covenant)
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 17, 2021 8:11PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last night a group of DC took a scroll to the top of that mountain in EP territory (with the Skyshard) and nuked anyone who came up through the door.

This is tangential, but there is a path up the outside of the mountain, it runs past the door.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aquatorch wrote: »
    Every time anyone tries to take the Alma Ruma scroll from DC, they hide the scroll inside a tower and no one else is able to get up there.

What is the solution to this?

https://youtu.be/D2k3Bw_Oy-s

This is ridiculous, I hope we get a response and a fix soon.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • TheMightyRevan
    TheMightyRevan
    ✭✭✭
    literally just go in, you can walk into these towers by pressing enter on the door
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

This is tangential, but there is a path up the outside of the mountain, it runs past the door.

True, but with a ball group holding the higher ground, the most viable option seemed to be to hold the keep and wait.

I thought the issues with towers people are bringing up were the same kind of thing, but taking the scroll someplace where you have to have a quest to be should not be possible. Until that is fixed, however, I would think the solution would be the same and I don’t see what is gained by taking the scroll to such a location, other than if you were about to lose it, perhaps you could await reinforcements, but your opponents can mass their forces too.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a question. How exactly did a DC character pick up their own scroll and go hide it in order to keep it from being taken in the first place? Was the AD force successfully repelled/killed, dropped it and he took it and ran, or is there some way I am unaware of that you can grab your own scrolls?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I believe you have to be out of combat to open these type of doors, Also the player could only go in there had someone from the opposing faction picked up the scroll and then died to 'release it' from it's platform.

It certainly isn't a hack or cheat.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on February 18, 2021 1:18AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many players will be disappointed if this is not fixed.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is NOT part of the tutorial or another instance, it is part of the map. Just like the path to the top of the mountain is accessible to anyone.

What I saw the other night: AD picked up the scroll from temple after faction stacking and gating DC. AD scroll carrier and their zerg got beaten at Scroll temple fair and square by fewer players and AD lost scroll in that fight. DC player picked it up, fought to tower, because temple had 30 plus AD in it still . They kept scroll safe inside their own tower which you press E to enter if you are out of combat. DC then took back their tri keep while AD milled around the tower and temple in combat. Gate was closed by DC while AD's backs were turned because scroll = squirrels. DC player returned scroll after gate closed. (It wasn't half an hour reset.)

I have no comment on if this is intended or an exploit. It is not new. Perhaps AD could fight better to keep the scrolls they take in future? Then it wouldn't happen. >:)

Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Stellarvorous
    Stellarvorous
    ✭✭✭
    Its not an exploit only DC can access that tower at the siege range other alliances cant get in out has nothing to do with being in combat

AD also has a tower at their siege range that you can hide the scroll in its not an exploit

EP has no towers they have a bridge blame Zos for the lack of fairness in terrain features these towers have been there for years

Also only way a DC was able to pick up their own scroll was they killed the person stealing it and brought it to the tower...which isnt right next door so someone failed to get em before they got there

Iv personally done this as a DC defending Alma Ruma Temple by reclaiming the scroll from someone taking it and took it to the tower before...

This has been in the game for years people are just slow at catching on my self included

Far as fairness goes Imo it should stay alot of times scrolls get taken is when there is a population imbalance where the defending alliance do not have the people to hold their keeps and they end up losing their scrolls to a zerg they cant fend off

I dare say the AD and DC instanced towers are intended but EP should get 1 also to be fair

That being said if you butterfinger the scroll your trying to steal and let the defenders snatch it up and make it to the either tower then you get to wait for it to reset or go for the other scroll

DC has a 2nd Tower at the Ni-Mohk Temple overlooking the actual temple gate but its not instanced so other alliances can enter it but its a fatal funnel
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhh, I see. People take the scroll to such towers after rescuing it from from an opposing faction’s attempt to steal, so holding it there until it despawns would return it to their own keep or temple. That makes sense. It doesn’t sound like an exploit/cheat to me but there should be some way to counter. Can such towers be sieged?
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its farming, plain and simple.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dc need all kind of crutches and game designers know this too. Like the gates between ad and dc. Destroying them only keeps ad out of dc territory lol. Nicely done.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    Dc need all kind of crutches and game designers know this too. Like the gates between ad and dc. Destroying them only keeps ad out of dc territory lol. Nicely done.

and destroying the gate between DC and EP only keeps DC out of EP territory, almost as if it was intended
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and of course between ad and ep there are bridges with slaughter fish water under them, so ad gets both dc and ep ball groups there, trying to stop ad getting scrolls back from purples, ahem sorry, i mean reds. They just pick up scroll and jump in water. That how op ad is, all this is needed to nerf ad :)
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also! Putting enemy camps around ad keeps is wayyyyy easier than finding flat enough ground around dc or ep keeps. Fact :)
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    I believe you have to be out of combat to open these type of doors, Also the player could only go in there had someone from the opposing faction picked up the scroll and then died to 'release it' from it's platform.

It certainly isn't a hack or cheat.

Unfortunately what you're saying is incorrect. No AD or EP can ever get into that tower. Only other DC can and only if they have the quest.
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    This is NOT part of the tutorial or another instance, it is part of the map. Just like the path to the top of the mountain is accessible to anyone.

What I saw the other night: AD picked up the scroll from temple after faction stacking and gating DC. AD scroll carrier and their zerg got beaten at Scroll temple fair and square by fewer players and AD lost scroll in that fight. DC player picked it up, fought to tower, because temple had 30 plus AD in it still . They kept scroll safe inside their own tower which you press E to enter if you are out of combat. DC then took back their tri keep while AD milled around the tower and temple in combat. Gate was closed by DC while AD's backs were turned because scroll = squirrels. DC player returned scroll after gate closed. (It wasn't half an hour reset.)

I have no comment on if this is intended or an exploit. It is not new. Perhaps AD could fight better to keep the scrolls they take in future? Then it wouldn't happen. >:)

It is true that AD lost the scroll. However, an exploit, by definition, is to do something the game creators did not intend to allow. Being able to bring a scroll into a tower where no one of the opposite faction is allowed to enter definitely counts as an exploit. Also, you're wrong about entering the tower when out of combat. No one on AD or EP can enter that DC tower.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP has no towers they have a bridge blame Zos for the lack of fairness in terrain features these towers have been there for years

Also only way a DC was able to pick up their own scroll was they killed the person stealing it and brought it to the tower...which isnt right next door so someone failed to get em before they got there
    In that case, couldn't any alliance also retreat to their upper base with the scroll?
  • Stellarvorous
    Stellarvorous
    ✭✭✭
    @driosketch When you say upper base i assume your meaning past the actual gates that lead into the cyrodil spawn points for each alliance

you cant pass thru those gates with the scrolls your own or opposing faction scrolls

Ironically a good counter to people going inside the siege range tower ...Is hitting them with siege when i did it before there was an AD outside with a iceball treb who was hitting me while i was in the tower an she was outside with siege

The treb didnt even have the arc she needed to get the damage all the way to the top and she was still getting some numbers on me it wasnt much but iceball is garbage siege some cold fire/cold stone treb would change that up real quick

Being able to take damage inside the tower from outside siege would seem to convey humble opinion that the towers are fair game for hiding scrolls because there is still a way to counter it

That Siege range tower does not have alot of space in it once your in your going upstairs with nothing to hide behind

I wana say there are surrounding hills nearby that you can siege on with some lancers or coldfire siege that would make being in that tower a very unpleasant thing because if you made it hard to stay alive in said tower with raining down siege fire

But also had a group of players outside below incase the defenders tried to leave the tower with the scroll to retreat somewhere else their technically trapped

Either way the end game counter to hiding scrolls in the tower is this If they cant secure the scroll in something itl Reset to the temple and if opposing alliances still have 2 of the tri keeps youl be able to keep trying but youd still have to beable to hold said keeps so the defending alliance couldnt close the gates on you and resecure their scroll

Untill a Dev from the development team comes in with an offical response saying this is unattended and a exploit i say its fair game since both AD and DC have one that and you have the means to siege them in the tower and stop them before they get there
    Edited by Stellarvorous on February 18, 2021 5:34PM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aquatorch wrote: »

It is true that AD lost the scroll. However, an exploit, by definition, is to do something the game creators did not intend to allow. Being able to bring a scroll into a tower where no one of the opposite faction is allowed to enter definitely counts as an exploit. Also, you're wrong about entering the tower when out of combat. No one on AD or EP can enter that DC tower.

What if the devs intention was to only allow you a single chance to grab the scroll? If you messed it up and dropped it, then give the defending faction a way to secure it temporarily. This would make a lot more sense, especially since they put a timer on the scroll so it cannot be held in these types of places indefinitely.
  • Stellarvorous
    Stellarvorous
    ✭✭✭
    I just checked the AD siege tower At the east Elsweyr gate siege range it is also instanced just like the DC one @Alma Ruma is

You cant jump out of the tower only AD can enter there are no stairwells you can hide in once you hit the door to enter the tower your at the top

Aside from the different outside structural design these towers are almost the same both with the same feature/mechanic of denying opposing alliances entry

If Zos did this once knowing other alliances cant enter do you really think theyd do it a 2nd time for a different alliance with 100% the same mechanic denying opposing alliances entry then decide Opps! it isnt intended lol

Considering the plethora of means to deny players the ability to keep the scrolls hidden from the opposing invading alliances *That i will be listing* so no one can say there is no counter play

I do reaffirm my statement and belief these towers and their entry denial mechanic to opposing alliances are intended

*Also that EP should have one because if intended then Zos Owes the pact a tower of their own in the sake of fairness*

1 Invading a scroll temple after taking 2 of the Tri keeps usually implies the invading alliance has the numbers in their favor *Or* the defending alliance is being double teamed *Or* the defending alliance is at such a low population their all desperately defending the scroll temple

2 If said invading alliance takes the scroll from the temple and their runner dies the invading alliance failed to protect the runner *Butterfingers* >:)

3 If the Defending alliance was allowed pick up their scroll *Which he wasnt interupted bashed or outright killed* The invading alliance failed yet again B)

**Since cheese proc sets that carry people are disabled in Cyrodil atm theres only a handful of ways someone could pick up said scroll And live while doing it **

4 If Said Defender picks up their scroll and makes it to the tower which is a good distance away the invaders failed to kill them and reclaim it :#

5 The towers are instanced the players inside can be damaged by Siege they cant hide inside from siege :(

6 The scroll will reset after a certain amount of time if it is not secured in either the temple or a keep allowing opposing alliances to yet try again ;)

7 The tri keeps that fell to the invading alliances would have to be reclaimed by the defending alliance to ensure the scroll would remain safe other wise its a game of hot potato So that again is in favor of the invading alliance as they already have the keeps unless they lost those already :#

All of this taken into account It is my uttermost belief that the instanced towers are intended because if said Invading alliances Failed in (7) Different times to get the scroll from the temple and keep the defending alliance from reclaiming it o:)

Then said Invading Alliance or Alliances have done *** goofed and failed miserably

Otherwise the latter would be Zos coming out and offically stating the towers are Unintended the way they currently function and are considered a exploit In which would be translated into a big middle finger to Alliances who are outnumbered vs large Invading zergs and possible alliance tag teams :'(

Denying the defending alliance any way to meaningfully defend at least 1 scroll and which is literally zos just rewarding zerglings vs low pop which is already distasteful no matter whos doing it

Anyone have any questions or possible insight? Otherwise we can wait for Zos to come out and state whether its intended or not If they decide to do that at all

As i wager those towers have likely been there since launch of the game or since one tamriel (2014) and said developers that designed them arent currently around *less im mistaken someone feel free to correct me on that one*
    Edited by Stellarvorous on February 18, 2021 7:05PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you say upper base i assume your meaning past the actual gates that lead into the cyrodil spawn points for each alliance

you cant pass thru those gates with the scrolls your own or opposing faction scrolls

Huh, it's been a while then because I feel like that used to be possible.
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can enter that tower on any faction you just need tobe out of combat
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Stellarvorous
    Stellarvorous
    ✭✭✭
    @driosketch I havnt personally tested it but im reasonably sure it cant be done id deffiently consider being able to take the scroll thru to the spawn gates an exploit considering all those gates are guarded by npcs and siege wouldnt be able to reach the scroll holder if they went far enough back by the actual zone gates or wayshrines

Maybe that was doable in the past but if it was doable now people would be doing it for sure and i suspect zos would come out and nix it real quick

The towers are a toss up it could go either way there are ample means to prevent a player from making it to the towers with the scroll or dealing with them if they are in it

The fact 1 of the towers on DC side near Ni-Mohk over looking the temple gate is a different mechanic in terms of instance makes me wonder... it has a staircase that you gota run up to reach the top other alliances can enter it and you can jump out of it

I want to say AD also has 1 of these towers that isnt faction locked but id have to recheck to be completely accurate its possible they dont but they do have the instance tower like the one DC has at Alma Ruma

That being said EP doesnt have any of it all of their towers are door chained no entrance possible the only building they have at their siege range is a burned down structure so its really hard to tell the Intent with these instanced towers

On one hand i can see why they would be there for denying other alliances the ability to enter and at the same time if thats the case why doesnt EP have one then granted EP has the bridge but theres nothing special about it from what iv seen no doors you can enter no ledges you can get on that would deny others the ability to reach you

So its a toss up either Zos goofed when they made the DC and AD instanced towers and said Ok this is a bad idea sorry EP your *** outa luck and just forgot to change the DC/AD ones

Or Zos secretly hates EP and is going to let DC and AD keep theirs the way they are without giving EP one who knows