Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo Tank

Carthelion
Carthelion
✭✭✭
Hello community, I predominantly solo with pugging added in for undaunted keys and transmutes.
Now as I say I solo alot, I really enjoy farming sets/motifs and patterns. The biggest frustration is when it comes to World Bosses that hold the drops I want or for Daily quests. I know my mag sorc is the optimal class for this. But if I lose concentration over a long fight or the boss drops a few AoEs or has adds or simply hits me twice in a row. I find I'm a bit of glass cannon and can get one shot if I accidentally drop my shield.
So I'd like to see if there's a class I could build that is more forgiving.

I suppose what I'm looking for is a class/build combination that can face tank and survive if I make an error and that I could maybe do less running about. I don't mind if the fight lasts twice as long, as long as it's less stressful🤣.

Ive been in plenty of dungeons where the tank is the last man standing and they solo the boss over 10 minutes. Is that pretty much what I'd have to do? Build a tank and just solo with it?
Edited by Carthelion on February 16, 2021 1:37PM
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont have to be a tank to solo stuff. There are plenty of solo dps builds. Take your pick.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still use a saptank for non dlc vet dungeons.

Baharas (5 piece on front bar)
    Leeching
    1 trainee
    Malacath
    Veteshran ice staff

5 heavy, 2 light

29k health, 35k mag and 19k stam.

Keep ele drain up with vat staff
    Wall of elements
    Path (damage one)
    Hold block and sap in aoe, swallow soul single target
    Also have impale on to help execute phase.
    Dark cloak is a solid heal with that amount of health, on top of swallow soul heal, sap heal, leeching heal, baharas heal...

Soul harvest front bar for ult gain
    Shooting star back bar (could go vamp if you wanted, undeath would be nice)

Pulls like 15k dps easy.

Perfect for vet pledges and works on world bosses no problem. Yeh, it takes longer than straight dps, but you won't die.

Did pledges yesterday, darkshade 2. CP 29 healer, cp 15 dps and cp 189 dps.

I easily did over half the damage thought the dungeon. On last boss, I kept reviving them as I wanted them to be part of it and compete it, but at like 50% I gave up and just killed the boss. They would die 3 second after getting up so was a waste of time.

I just ignored mobs and killed boss. Didn't take long and was never close to dying.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 16, 2021 2:21PM
  • Carthelion
    Carthelion
    ✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    You dont have to be a tank to solo stuff. There are plenty of solo dps builds. Take your pick.

Very true, I'm just after something safe and steady rather than constant running and flirting with death.
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I still use a saptank for non dlc vet dungeons.

Baharas (5 piece on front bar)
    Leeching
    1 trainee
    Malacath
    Veteshran ice staff

5 heavy, 2 light

29k health, 35k mag and 19k stam.

Keep ele drain up with vat staff
    Wall of elements
    Path (damage one)
    Hold block and sap in aoe, swallow soul single target
    Also have impale on to help execute phase.
    Dark cloak is a solid heal with that amount of health, on top of swallow soul heal, sap heal, leeching heal, baharas heal...

Soul harvest front bar for ult gain
    Shooting star back bar (could go vamp if you wanted, undeath would be nice)

Pulls like 15k dps easy.

Perfect for vet pledges and works on world bosses no problem. Yeh, it takes longer than straight dps, but you won't die.

Did pledges yesterday, darkshade 2. CP 29 healer, cp 15 dps and cp 189 dps.

I easily did over half the damage thought the dungeon. On last boss, I kept reviving them as I wanted them to be part of it and compete it, but at like 50% I gave up and just killed the boss. They would die 3 second after getting up so was a waste of time.

I just ignored mobs and killed boss. Didn't take long and was never close to dying.

I like the amount of heals you have stacked there. Im very interested in giving this a go.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being unkillable will let you solo kill amazing things. If it can not kill you, then you will eventually win a battle of attrition. My tank has soloed the undying wrothgar world boss in Ebon/Alkosh long ago (too lazy to swap to different tank gear).

There are two downsides though. First, it takes a lot of time. But you indicated that doesn’t concern you. Second, if you face a powerful creature that ALSO heals itself you are screwed.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carthelion wrote: »
    Now as I say I solo alot, I really enjoy farming sets/motifs and patterns. The biggest frustration is when it comes to World Bosses that hold the drops I want or for Daily quests. I know my mag sorc is the optimal class for this. But if I lose concentration over a long fight or the boss drops a few AoEs or has adds or simply hits me twice in a row. I find I'm a bit of glass cannon and can get one shot if I accidentally drop my shield.
    So I'd like to see if there's a class I could build that is more forgiving.

For soloing I mostly just change gear. The monster helm gets swapped for one giving sustain and if need be the one armour set goes from an attacking to a heavy set. Putting sword/board on the back bar and following a more PVP like attack bar/defensive bar also seems to work for me at least.

I don't think it's about class so much as armour/health/restore rates - and all of that is very tweakable via gear and enchantments.

Too many toons not enough time
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You might be better off making a PVP-type build where you can absorb damage while putting out more than a typical PVE tank would. A VMA type magsorc build can work. Werewolves are also great at soloing
    Edited by El_Borracho on February 16, 2021 9:25PM
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just spam Brawler and keep vigor up :)