Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

PvE & PvP zones

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
We keep seeing discussions for PvP zone as a PvE zone. To cater to those who don't like PvP and/or want to grab the quests and skyshards without worry of being attacked by enemy players.

imo I think if you want to those quests and skyshards then you should learn and adapt to PvP, this is coming from someone who mostly does PvE and plays solo BUT I would consider it a fair trade for the following conditions;

1. Cyrodil has a separate instance that is converted into a PvE zone with Horde Mode activities, I'm talking full on Coldharbour invasion. Defending keeps from endless onslaughts of Molag Bal's forces, large Daedric Armies. As well as Large Wandering Bosses like the ones we see in Imperial City but now on the whole Cyrodil map.
Explanation is simple, Dark Anchor are pouring out enemies and the Alliances made a temporary truce to fight Molag Bal.

2. One PvE Base game zone from each Alliance has a separate PvP map instance, prepared for keeps and siege combat. (also Ship combat please because that'd be awesome)
Zones
DC: Glenumbra
AD: Auridon
EP: Eastmarch

Why not throw the starter islands in there too? Bleakrock, Stros M'kai, and Kenarthi's Roost. Those would be really interesting PvP zones as for how small they are.

This way both sides are happy, ya?

e39b9039e76131a18875b6fb0fd9684a.jpg
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont care about Cyro or IC. I only want a PVE zone of IC Sewers. Such an awesome dark, claustrophobic and scary place that is ruined by gankers who dont leave you any chance of exploring it.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont care about Cyro or IC. I only want a PVE zone of IC Sewers. Such an awesome dark, claustrophobic and scary place that is ruined by gankers who dont leave you any chance of exploring it.

I should have been clear but I include IC and the Sewers with Cyrodil
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    To cater to those who don't like PvP and/or want to grab the quests and skyshards without worry of being attacked by enemy players.

I am mostly PvE player, but it was exciting to catch a moment when aliance's gates are open, and break through them just to fight for the shard! Also there was a real adventure in the IC sewers even it was painful
    Edited by Orion_89 on February 15, 2021 12:27PM
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has plenty of skyshard. And has lots of dungeon for set equipment hunting.
    It's a good "farming mine". But PVP ruins everything.

ZOS should make "non PVP purpose flag" for PVE mission in Cyrodiil.
    When you don't fight with players, then enable flag on. Simple, but reasonable.
    I don't understand why ZOS didn't make those function.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has plenty of skyshard. And has lots of dungeon for set equipment hunting.
    It's a good "farming mine". But PVP ruins everything.

ZOS should make "non PVP purpose flag" for PVE mission in Cyrodiil.
    When you don't fight with players, then enable flag on. Simple, but reasonable.
    I don't understand why ZOS didn't make those function.

because that Flag could either

A. Be easily exploited
    B. be completely useless
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] the next generation of PvPer are PvErs that are forced to stuck their toe in the water for achievements or tickets. Take away the need to go into a PvP zone and PvP dies.

[snip]

For once you all need to stop with the PvP vs PvE argument and start looking at the game as an entity.

Stop with these facile arguments and think objectively for a change. Stop with the me me me arguments and think about what benefits the majority of the players, those that consider themselves PvE, those that consider themselves PvP and those like me that consider themselves both or neither. I am an ESO player and enjoy all the zones.

I do not want PvP spilling out of Cyrodiil, nor do I want PvE Cyro. The whole point of the zones is to introduce players to PvP - and Cyro does that very well. I know many "I don't PvP" players who now PvP. If Cyro had a PvE version they would still be "I don't PvP" players.

Part of the excitement of the Sewers is not knowing who you will meet, take away that excitement and the Sewers become dull and uninteresting. And no, I don't gank, and yes I die a lot, but you know what? I'd rather die to a ganker than not have the nervous excitement of running through the sewers.

So, instead of the endless rubbish arguments one way or the other why can we as a community not come together and learn that we all make sacrifices, PvP players really do not enjoy farming for gear but still have to do it, PvErs really do not enjoy the risk of PvP but if they want the skyshards etc have to do it.

Once both sides wake up and realise neither aide wins in these arguments maybe we can move on from the daily / weekly / monthly posts.

My name is Hafgood and I am an ESO player, I PvE and I PvP and enjoy both.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 16, 2021 2:04PM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @hafgood I 100% agree
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be great. I'm all for people having things they want to do and can enjoy.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go play Oblivion if you want PVE Cyrodiil or even better adapt your build and learn how to fight other players to do your Cyrodiil quests and get your Skyshards like many others have already done over the years. The “turn Cyrodiil into PVE” threads are quickly becoming the most obnoxious things on these forums...
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do we need two threads complaining about people asking for certain features?
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?