The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Crashed to Xbox start screen 4 times trying to load character

azjuwelz
azjuwelz
✭✭✭✭
This has been an issue for the last 2 patches--if I leave a character in my primary residence, the Bastion Sanguinaris, when I try to load that character again it crashes the game entirely. Tried to restart the game 4 times and each time it crashed while trying to load the location.

This for a house that cost over 15,000 Crowns?? Seriously??

Other players on Xbox NA have reported the same issue.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 14, 2021 7:48PM
Xbox-NA
Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Have you tried clearing the local save cache to help with this crashing?

To delete save data on the Xbox One
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AaronGuilder
    AaronGuilder
    ✭✭✭
    I had not noticed that it was related to leaving characters at a primary residence, but now you mention it, I am having a similar issue when I leave my characters at my primary.
    If I swap to another character, I get a very long load screen with just the Ouroboros wheel, without the " This may be an exceptionally long load screen" and after several minutes I have to restart my console.

@ZOS_BillE Billie
    I deleted the local cache (Not "Everywhere) and I am still having this happen and logging into the Character select takes nearly 3 minutes, then when swapping to 3rd character just hangs ..
    Reload the game and get "The user is already logged in, leave for 5 minutes and get the very long load into character select again. This happens randomly, but usually after swapping for the second time.
    I am going to try without leaving characters at "Home" and see what happens......

Edit *Now I get booted from server instead :)

Edit 2 *So after being booted, I have not had an issue
    Edited by AaronGuilder on February 15, 2021 6:56PM
    XBOX EU / NA: Magplar x4 Magsorc x3 StamDK x2 Stamsorc x1 Magsorc x1 Warden x1 Necro x1 Stamblade x1 Magblade x1 MagDK x1
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd add that this happened with the same house long before it was my primary. I frequently leave other characters in the Lunar Hall without issue.

It does load if I shut down Xbox and unplug it for a few minutes, but the regular clearing cache doesn't work. I shouldn't have to do that each time.

I also frequently disconnect when traveling to the Bastion--not only my own, but also guildmates.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AaronGuilder

At this point we recommend opening a ticket with customer support as they may need to move your character to a different location.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post