The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cross alliance healing, this needs to be discussed.

• FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zos counted 25% better fps as insignificant to the player experience. I believe them.
    I did not find the gameplay of the last 3 months significantly better than anything post- Harrowstorm. There have been disconnects, loading screens, skill delays, lag, rubber bands, etc.
    This has been my experience.
    The odd thing about combat in Cyrodil is there seems to be no pattern to who has serious lag and who doesn't. Last night half of my guild quit playing in frustration. I had a totally smooth night with a ton of great fights and no issues at all.
    I have an old computer, a *** load of addons, and was running around spamming as many heals as I possibly could on as many pugs as possible.
    There is no reason I should have had such a smooth night when my guildmates found the lag and skill delays almost impossible to handle, especially because my behavior-- gleefully healing as many people as I could-- is said to be the one causing the lag.

Edited by FantasticFreddie on February 16, 2021 5:42PM
    Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would they do that? Are you some product manager / product owner working for ZOS? If yes, then sure, it sucks you have no such data. Go and discuss topic with correct team during some retro (I am certain ZOS internally has some space for such discussions).
    However if you are not any PM/PO working for ZOS then they have no actual reason to show it. You are not any decision making person, nobody on this forum is. Also what would be the point of showing it here if:
    How you can believe every statement coming from a company that just wants your money even though they have a long history of bending the truth is bananas!
    What if this data shows you are wrong? Obviously it would have to be false, right?:-)

Firstly, for people like yourself and Varanis there, and myself of course, to show some faith, basic customer relations, or would you not like to see the results of the product testing we are actually paying to provide?

Anyway, how can any free thinking individual not form their own opinions based on various information? Hmm, interesting question. Well, first I would say it's not a case of being right or wrong, but a case of knowing directions that could be taken now, so as to be able to provide a quality product in the interim as they continue with their research and begin devising a plan of action to hopefully return to what the general populace expect in terms of gameplay experiences. That is all.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anecdotes!?! Rich Lambert himself describes precisely the scenarios that lead to massive instability, describing players running in groups with infinite resources, spamming AOE spells exclusively, leading to awful gameplay, precisely the kind of "gameplay" you have been trying to defend all this time Varanis.
    You see, I believe that, because I am witness to it every week, playing on and off peak. Like I was witness to the improvements when cross healing was turned off. I'm not one to believe the PR department when they throw illogical statements like "behavioral changes", call me crazy!
    Do you agree that the Devs should act on their data to improve performance, not anecdotes?

I've been asking you that for months now! The data from the previous tests showed that Limiting AOE spells led to huge performance improvements. 25% right, I was witness to that.
    And obviously, if they are to act on the data, how can I not agree with that. All I want is for buttons to work in large fights... If they actually have the balls to make the big changes required. I will applaud them!! But I don't think you realize, that you will be a lot sadder than me if that ever happens. I just want a functioning game. You want a release version of ESO Cyro, that is not physically possible, with large groups and all the trimmings. Which I would love too, I'm just forced to think logically, and I'm mature enough to understand that it isn't going to happen.... ever! Either pick constant AOE spamming groups, or a functioning game, we can not have it both ways anymore. Or put lots of processes back on the clients....

Anecdotes are not Dev quotes. Anecdotes are players talking about whether their performance is good, bad, better, worse, and so on based on experience not data. I see all sorts of comments on this test with a wide variety of claims about performance including accusations that players saying its better are proc set haters while player saying its terrible are proc set users. I'm not saying you are lying about your experiences, as I'm sure you are being honest, rather I'm pointing out that the sum of player anecdotes are not exactly the most reliable source that ZOS should be using to determine that "Performance was better before this test." If one perspective is correct, the data will show it. And yes, duh, the Devs should follow the data.

Since I have just answered my own question for the third time now in the thread, congratulations! You now know the answer! Now I know your answer! We agree the Devs should follow the data, whatever that means for playstyles. Hurray!
    Options
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should of kept it off so that we had a proper control
    Options
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA Grayhost and Blackreach, PC/EU Ravenwatch

Lag, skill delays, rubber banding, potions not firing, bars not swapping, break free not working even with full stamina, random ass load screens have been my universal experience, no appreciatable difference before the test, or since November.

I think it is largely placebo effect.... after the stream where they announced they were enabling cross healing again, many many people were howling about how much worse there game was with the healing back on, apparently missing the memo it had NOT been reverted yet.

This. Cross healing doesn't affect performance at all for me, and hasnt during any of this testing of nightly PvPing the past several months. Just as laggy as ever.
    Options