The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Any alternative for ring of the pale order until I can save up enough to buy greymoor?

DraggOOn_021
I won't be able to buy greymoor for a couple of months due to exams and the such so is there any alternative to ring of the pale order?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If their were, why would people be farming Pale Order?

Crit Surge on Sorc, Briarheart on Stam, a couple other sets that give auto heals are about as close as you'll come, but you won't hit as hard with the others.

PO is OP purposely to get you to buy the content.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After the new CP system comes in I believe there's a star in there that has a similar effect. Currently right now though? Pretty much the Ring of the Pale Order and a handful of other things.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iceheart & using a Hardening enchant (damage shield) on an Infused weapon
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got a bunch of class ones and set ones that are actually often more powerful anyway.

For example: Warden has lotus and you should be running it at 100% uptime anyway for major savagery/prophecy according to your leaning. That restores 1320 health to someone in group every light attack (so basically once per second). In Hel-ra I've been the second biggest source of heals on my stamwarden because of this. Plus of course the minor toughness passives. On warden I'd certainly prefer to have the full 5/5/2 of my sets than waste one on the ring.

There are a bunch of sets that heal you when you stand there and block like Battalion Defender, and there are also sets that are give you a big running damage shield (eg Hatchlings Shell) which for most damage types is akin to a continual heal in effect.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iceheart & using a Hardening enchant (damage shield) on an Infused weapon

DIREFROST will be the daily starting on THURSDAY at 1:00... see ya there ;)

http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar/
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't be able to buy greymoor for a couple of months due to exams and the such so is there any alternative to ring of the pale order?

DPS in ESO are fairly self sufficient on their own. You really don't need the ring but what you can use to substitute for it really depends on your class. There are other core combat mechanics you can use. For instance blocking will reduce the damage of any attack that hits you by 50% before any buffs and roll dodging will temporarily avoid any non aoe damage. Outside of that making, sure you have a "proper" or atleast a functioning build helps.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar's Puncturing Sweep.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That depends on the content we're talking about. Pale Order isn't 100% required for any activities in the game (plus, keep in mind that we've all been doing these activities just fine before Pale Order came around) but it certainly makes some things easier. Only place I've used it in so far has been vet Vateshran, I feel that everywhere else I'm better off without it - but I also am a magsorc running Surge. Depending on your class and build, you probably should already be running some self-heals/shields, with or without Pale Order.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If their were, why would people be farming Pale Order?

Crit Surge on Sorc, Briarheart on Stam, a couple other sets that give auto heals are about as close as you'll come, but you won't hit as hard with the others.

PO is OP purposely to get you to buy the content.
    Magplar swipe, stamsorc dark deal is also very good.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For generic stuff Almalexia's Mercy can be a ghetto ROTPO
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Overwhelming Surge...depending out what gets nerfed next patch I just might.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one area where Pale Order really helps is hard solo content, such as the two veteran solo arenas. I presume that's what the question is about. Sorc, magplar and magblade all heal from damage. Among my own builds they rank as follows:

Stamsorc > Magplar > Magblade

I'm not talking about damage output here, but how tanky and, therefore, easy to play the classes feel. My stamsorc is the tankiest. However this also has something to do with the specific builds I run. I run Brawler and a Master's 2H weapon on the stamsorc. It's a very good combination with Crit Surge. I run Pale Order on my Brawler DK in vVateshran. On stamsorc Crit Surge fulfills the same function. vVateshran felt much the same, even without Pale Order.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB