The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning Player - 1st Person view default on load and zone change

Madrax573
Madrax573
✭✭✭
Reinstalled ESO and jumped back into the game and I'm now loading in 1st person view. It also reverts to 1st person view when I shift zones etc or through any loading screen fade to black...

Is this new or a setting somewhere I could have sworn once you swap to 3rd person it stayed there..?
I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least on PC you adjust your view distance down to 1st person with the scroll wheel.
    It should keep you setting but might be forced to closer view in narrow spaces. I should pop back again however and not reset on port.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do start off in first person when you create a new character, but once you've zoomed out it should stay zoomed out unless you change it or you're in a place where there isn't enough room for the 3rd person camera.

What platform are you playing on? If it's PC it might be an issue with an addon or a setting somewhere. There isn't a setting to constantly revert you to 1st person, so it's nothing that simple, but something might be causing the camera to zoom in constantly.

I think the console version has fewer options, but if you're on console someone who plays on the same one should be able to help you.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • lazarusrevives
    That sounds like a bug. I'm on xbox and haven't had this issue at all.
    It's green so it's nature! XD
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    Update. I had the immersive horse addon enabled.

As soon as I switched it off back to normal staying in 3rd person if I left it there :)
    I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!