Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pre-paying for more ESO+ before current subscription runs out

Sachsen71
Sachsen71
✭✭✭
I paid for a year of ESO+ last year and it doesn’t run out until July. I want more crowns so I was thinking about paying for another year of ESO+ right now and get the crowns that go with it. I just don’t want to lose the credit I’ve already paid for through July. If I buy another year now, will it stack on top of my current subscription and wouldn’t run out until July 2022, or would the timer start over and I would only get until February 2022?
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will want another opinion, but it's been my experience that if you 'purchase' the yearly subscription, you are basically just setting auto-renewal up for when your current membership expires in July. In other words, you will not be charged for the yearly subscription until July (and subsequently, you will not receive the crowns until July).

This is based on my experience trying to do the same thing and pre-buy a sub extension to get the crowns. Didn't work for me. Maybe someone has a workaround.
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    This was just one of their first predatory moves to make you double dip. Probably from the time when developers and players took subscriptions more seriously instead of a bad laughing at what we did joke.

They've always prevented you from buying more sub until it runs out to "double dip" you. Of course what players want is time + crowns. But you got sprung into their trap if you bought subscription and want more crowns... no more subscription for you and pay the higher rate. Its just nasty.

- Just accept zenimax for what they truly are, they're not your family or grandkids or grandparents.
    - Don't do it again and min max the crown game. They lose so much more $ than they would if it didn't have to be that way, but maybe they have to be evil or they get in trouble.