The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Question about crafting gear

HalfDarkV2
Hello guys. Recently i hit cp 160 and i am already working on the sets i want to create. I have researched most of the traits but the issue is i need to gather more materials, mostly improvement materials. So let's say i create my own crafted set at cp 250-300. Is it too late if i create my set at higher cp and keep my dropped cp160 set until then? Cause i see in many forums people say you have to create your set when you just hit cp 160. Thanks in advance.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cp160 is max crafted gear
  • HalfDarkV2

Yeah i know. At the moment i use mainly dropped sets from dungeons and mobs. I was talking about crafted sets. Most people say i should already have crafted them since i am cp160 but i dont have all the mats i need. So if i create them later in the game let's say cp300 is that ok or i should already done that? thanks and sorry for the newbie question its my first playthrough
  • dlrgames
    dlrgames
    ✭✭
    Most players will use crafted sets to fill in until they can farm their “forever” gear once they reach gear cap. Since you are already over CP160 you are probably better off farming the overland/dungeon/trial/monster sets you will want to wear.
    If you really feel you need a crafted set and can’t make your own then hire someone to make one for you or shop the Guild traders.
    Make sure you have put points into the deconstruction passives that will let you get more mats and breakdown all the green/blue/purple stuff in your inventory and that you pickup. Do your daily crafting writs. If you are do dailies at max level you will get a steady supply of surveys you can use to farm max level mats. Refine all the mats you pickup as that process also yields improvement mats. If you follow this you can have a good supply to make and improve anything you want.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HalfDarkV2 wrote: »

Yeah i know. At the moment i use mainly dropped sets from dungeons and mobs. I was talking about crafted sets. Most people say i should already have crafted them since i am cp160 but i dont have all the mats i need. So if i create them later in the game let's say cp300 is that ok or i should already done that? thanks and sorry for the newbie question its my first playthrough

No matter when you make your crafted set, cp160 is the max you can make. Until/unless the devs raise the gear cap.

Your crafting skill is maxed, you researched all the traits you need for the sets you want, cp160 is still the max. Your character level only effects the mats you find; max crafting skill and character level 50/cp160+ and you'll only find ancestor silk, rubedo leather, and rubedite ore.