The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Champion and Skill Points Reset?

ZomZom
ZomZom
✭✭✭
I just logged in after being off for several days (I've moved cross country and haven't had time to play). I just logged in and discovered my Champion and Skill points have been reset as a feature of the current event. I really don't have time and don't remember where all of my points were. Is there a way to just get my character back to the way it was a few days ago?
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Um wot? That's not meant to me happening til Update 29.

You didn't log into the PTS by accident did you?
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, looks like that's what I did, thank you!

I hope they don't force this on us in the update??
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC it's happening in Update 29 which is sometime in February. If you're on PC there's a nice addon:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2901-CarosSkillPointSaver.html - save every character's SP, CP, Attributes by logging into them just before the update lands; then once the game is back to normal after the download and patch, have the addon reset the points as saved.
  • IrishRonD
    IrishRonD
    ✭✭✭
    ZomZom wrote: »

Yes, they will force it upon us for update 29 as it will change the CP system and Skills.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What everyone else said. It's when the next update drops, and all your toons will be reset. It's going to be such a pain.

I'm glad we got it sorted for you this time though! :)

At least you're also on PC and have access to addons that will reallocate everything for you. Us poor schleps on console will have to do up to 18 toons manually.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though it occurs to me that one probably can't reset the CP since the entire system is different. However, the addon allows for that - you just tell it to reset SP and Attributes, and don't address CP.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    won't even bother with addons to try to restore. will put crafting skills for first days and will start reading/learning what exactly is happening as with all changes and fine tunings next patches i think there will be partial rework on all my characters (which isn't making me enthusiastic).
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

What everyone else said. It's when the next update drops, and all your toons will be reset. It's going to be such a pain.

At least you're also on PC and have access to addons that will reallocate everything for you. Us poor schleps on console will have to do up to 18 toons manually.

At least we’ll have had two weeks for the PC players to figure out and share the best distributions though lol
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    renne wrote: »

At least we’ll have had two weeks for the PC players to figure out and share the best distributions though lol

Oh that's true!! Hahaha god it's going to be a mess :D
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be missing something here, but how will the addon reallocate the CP's. They are totally changing the CP trees.

Just asking.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    IIRC it's happening in Update 29 which is sometime in February. If you're on PC there's a nice addon:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2901-CarosSkillPointSaver.html - save every character's SP, CP, Attributes by logging into them just before the update lands; then once the game is back to normal after the download and patch, have the addon reset the points as saved.

Thank You!
    PCNA
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    won't even bother with addons to try to restore. will put crafting skills for first days and will start reading/learning what exactly is happening as with all changes and fine tunings next patches i think there will be partial rework on all my characters (which isn't making me enthusiastic).

I want to respect some alts to get points out of decon and research, but I will wait. Right now some are doing even dailies with zero points in combat passives. It is pretty pathetic and the respec gold cost would be cheap, but whatever.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the addon won't reallocate CP, I should have paid more attention to typing, sorry!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Yeah, the addon won't reallocate CP, I should have paid more attention to typing, sorry!

But it will reallocate the skill points which is huge for me. At least I hope it will.

I don't know if there are changes to the skills, too, or is it just the CP changing? If there are no skill changes why are they wiping them?
    PCNA
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To fix an error in numerous player's SP allocation where they have SP they shouldn't have received. I think Gina goes into a fair amount of detail in the stickied post at the top of the index page.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh, thanks.
    PCNA
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if there are changes to the skills, too, or is it just the CP changing? If there are no skill changes why are they wiping them?
    Some people are missing skill points or have extras, there's a sticky about it. But also with CP changing so much some people might want to change their skill loadout even if the skills themselves aren't really changing.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious...
    @ZOS_GinaBruno had said "before" the chapter release video that we were getting a CP and Skills reset to correct missing skill points.
    Will this happen before the new CP Tree? Or will the new CP change be the only reset that Gina talked about before release video?
    Curious Tamrielians want to know....
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious...
    @ZOS_GinaBruno had said "before" the chapter release video that we were getting a CP and Skills reset to correct missing skill points.
    Will this happen before the new CP Tree? Or will the new CP change be the only reset that Gina talked about before release video?
    Huzzah!

This is happening with Update 29, which is the Flames of Ambition DLC, probably in early March.

Blackwood, the chapter, is Update 30, which will be released on June 1st.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Just curious...
    Huzzah!

This is happening with Update 29, which is the Flames of Ambition DLC, probably in early March.

Blackwood, the chapter, is Update 30, which will be released on June 1st.

Thank You!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    March 8 (PC/Mac) or 16 (console) for Flames of Ambition and the CP overhaul, the skill point fix, and the respec:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/updates/dlc/flamesofambition
    Edited by virtus753 on February 4, 2021 9:35PM