The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

I've had enough of IC dailies!

• ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact we can make it so any pve event pvers can activate a function to prevent pvpers from getting to whatever they have to do for tickets then tell them they don't like it stay out of pve zones.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Side note:
    Maybe its weird, but I remember really enjoying the early events before ZOS decided everything needed to have time-limited and monetized rewards. I understand that ZOS really really wants players logging in every day and boosting those population numbers! Grindy reward RNG and timelimited rewards are great for that But! But man, with that first season of indriks, they jammed my "fear of missing out" button enough times that they broke it, and now I'm like "I'll do only what I want to, and not a thing further."

I hope I can get there soon. The whole "x upgrade item only available during X event" thing really feels like being cattle-prodded into doing content that one loathes, and builds a lot of resentment.

ZOS could relieve a lot of the friction by promising that they'll carry all upgrade items at New Life every year like they did with last year's indrik berries, but I'm pretty sure they are not interested in lessening player friction. Not sure what they get out of this constant arguing between PvP and PvE players that happens ever MM but they could absolutely get rid of the reasons to argue and they won't.

Yeah, I think the "gotta collect them all" approach of indriks/morpholiths coupled with time-limited events is expertly designed to find that "fear of missing out" button in our brains and jam it hard and repeatedly.

That's all tied up with ZOS' desire to get players logging in for each and every event as well as monetizing event tickets, so they don't do simple things that might let players make rational, informed decisions on what they want to do.

What I'd like to see:
    1. ZOS releases a quarterly schedule of events, including how many tickets are available per day for each event and the list of rewards available
    2. ZOS confirms that New Life will feature all fragments from that year (and preferably pets as well)

That would let players make informed decisions about what they want and what they need to do to get it. I mean, I imagine plenty of players would do less during MYM or avoid it altogether if they knew they'd get enough tickets later from future Q1 events, and I think that's a good thing! If they knew they only needed, say, 10 tickets from MYM, they could better choose their time and which quests they want to do to get it. That's awesome!

Unfortunately, from what I've seen so far, ZOS doesn't seem too interested in transparency about upcoming events, rewards, and ticket availability. I suspect its because allowing players to make informed, rational decisions about when and how to participate in events to get what they want is exactly what alleviates the "fear of missing out" ZOS is relying on to drive players to participate in each and every event.
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Maotti wrote: »
    Please, next time you lock event tickets behind these dailies! Please let us activate a PvE mode where you cannot attack or get attacked by other players! Because this is getting annoying!

I feel the same way about the Undaunted event. I literally despise dungeons, they should make options for avoiding those during the Undaunted event and still give me tickets/rewards, well because I don't like dungeons. It is really not fair that I am forced into a style of play that I actively avoid the entire rest of the year.

I tell you what we'll let pvers activate a function that stops anyone who is a pvper from finishing the dungeon to make it fair. So any pvers can decide whether you can finish the dungeon and get your tickets. I think this is a fair trade off? And if you don't like it get out of pve content as the pvpers on the forums keep saying but in reverse.

PvPers don't stop you from completing your quest, tho???

Get in a low population campaign. Scout in Cyro. Go into a high population campaign in IC and camp the spawn point in the Arena until the other players kill the nearby enemies. Turn in quests, done. You don't even need to fight ANYTHING. No other platers, no NPCs.

If only PvPers had it that easy to do dungeons.
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In fact we can make it so any pve event pvers can activate a function to prevent pvpers from getting to whatever they have to do for tickets then tell them they don't like it stay out of pve zones.

Again, PvPers still don't stop you from completing quests. You don't even have to put in particularly any effort to avoid them.
    Options
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't they put tickets behind a Non-dungeon quest in the undaunted event? I mean, I'm not trying to judge PVPers.. but
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    Didn't they put tickets behind a Non-dungeon quest in the undaunted event? I mean, I'm not trying to judge PVPers.. but

I am pretty sure the crowd that cried for no dungeons during dungeon event is also part of the crowd that is crying for no PvP during a PvP event.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind is that this is the first MYM event since rapids was lost for a lot of players. I am having to do battlegrounds on my crafters to get it back.

Check the PTS patch notes. Rank 3 in Assault will suffice for Major Gallop ...

... unless, of course, ZoS changes its mind yet again.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 1, 2021 3:48AM
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No.
    Options
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZaroktheImmortal

LOL, while we're at it, might as well have a button to prevent anybody you don't like from completing any content.

The goal of PvP is to kill other players. Preventing others to complete their task IS completing your own task. This is the whole point of the event hence the "Mayhem" in the name.
    Options
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    renne wrote: »

No.

Yes!
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59207

If you’re not sure that you’re ready to tackle dungeons (or perhaps don’t have the time), you can also earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day by completing Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest. You can find Bolgrul within any Undaunted Enclave.
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, PvPers still don't stop you from completing quests. You don't even have to put in particularly any effort to avoid them.

I've seen people literally camping quest spots or spots certain alliances spawn to after being killed after taking all the others and camping outside them to try to kill any that dare come down. So, yes. They can.
    Options
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZaroktheImmortal

LOL, while we're at it, might as well have a button to prevent anybody you don't like from completing any content.

The goal of PvP is to kill other players. Preventing others to complete their task IS completing your own task. This is the whole point of the event hence the "Mayhem" in the name.

Well that's what an event like this becomes. And it does happen a lot during every one of these events. If you want to compare the pve events to pvp ones then by that comparison someone needs to be able to prevent you doing it in the pve ones otherwise it's not the same. And anyone who says they actually don't like PVE then why are you even in a mainly pve focused game? There are far better games for competitive gameplay.
    Options
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sooo... I decided to try the town quests in Cyrodiil today, being how I read all the "horror" stories here. I managed to complete 8 of them, they each gave me a quest reward and an event box. The ONLY time I died doing this, was when I decided to help a group of obvious PVEers take a keep, halfway though this a lower tier AD ball group x2 that came over from Greyhost, steamrolled us all (I paid them back in kind later when I was actually PVPing).

In each of the towns I visited, I occasionally met a player or two from other factions, I left them alone, they left me alone. One guy ran up on his horse, saw my wife and I at the quest NPC and quickly retreated, when we were done turning in our quest we waved at him/her and left. Another came out of a building, saw us and was walking away, then turned and attacked us half heartedly, I assumed he wanted a blood port home as it was a long ride, so we helped him out.

All the while, there were balls groups, gankers, zergs and small scalers all over the map fighting. Meanwhile, I even managed to get some fishing and harvesting in during this time... no rare recipe though, been looking for that thing since it came out.

As another "test", my wife and I decided to do all 6 of the IC dailies as sheep instead of wolves, running away and hiding a lot. That went a bit differently.... we got killed a lot, but it still only took a bit over an hour to do all 6, and a lot of that was just clicking doors to port to a place and being told the jump failed, we were already queued for that campaign. I think a bit over an hour is pretty on par with every other event, although the recent holiday event may have taken 2+ hours to complete the daily quests if I recall. On a side note, we each also walked away with over 2000 telvar and earned our cute little terriers, not a bad morning all in all.
    Options
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!

If you’re not sure that you’re ready to tackle dungeons (or perhaps don’t have the time), you can also earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day by completing Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest. You can find Bolgrul within any Undaunted Enclave.

Nope!

You didn't get Event Tickets for doing Bolgrul's Undaunted delve daily. You only got the Undaunted Reward Box mentioned in the article. Which didn't contain tickets, sadly. :/ I dislike group content, so I was really hoping that killing the delve boss in Bolgrul's quests would be an alternative to having to organize dungeon runs with my disorganized ESO friends, but no such luck.
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    Options
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No.

Yes!

No.

Your exact question was, and I quote: "Didn't they put tickets behind a Non-dungeon quest in the undaunted event?" The answer is no. No, they didn't. Per the post you linked to, it was one standard Undaunted Reward Box, not tickets.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip>

Side note:
    Maybe its weird, but I remember really enjoying the early events before ZOS decided everything needed to have time-limited and monetized rewards. I understand that ZOS really really wants players logging in every day and boosting those population numbers! Grindy reward RNG and timelimited rewards are great for that But! But man, with that first season of indriks, they jammed my "fear of missing out" button enough times that they broke it, and now I'm like "I'll do only what I want to, and not a thing further."

This. I'll do what I like, and hang onto tickets for what I really want. That's it. If for instance something happens and I need to buy a few tickets for the house this year, I'll do that. Otherwise, I'm done being manipulated. In fact, I was done with that by the time the yellow indrik showed up - gave it, the red one and the green one with the red glow a miss, and only got a couple of the pets.

Not getting the skin for the morpholith either, or the personality. Maybe the mount, we'll see.

Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know where to get the tickets during the MYM event. I do PVP (cyro) battle quests and I'm not getting tickets.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Maotti wrote: »
    Please, next time you lock event tickets behind these dailies! Please let us activate a PvE mode where you cannot attack or get attacked by other players! Because this is getting annoying!

I feel the same way about the Undaunted event. I literally despise dungeons, they should make options for avoiding those during the Undaunted event and still give me tickets/rewards, well because I don't like dungeons. It is really not fair that I am forced into a style of play that I actively avoid the entire rest of the year.

I tell you what we'll let pvers activate a function that stops anyone who is a pvper from finishing the dungeon to make it fair. So any pvers can decide whether you can finish the dungeon and get your tickets. I think this is a fair trade off? And if you don't like it get out of pve content as the pvpers on the forums keep saying but in reverse.

That function exists. It's called "Vote to kick"
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, they put one of the boxes behind Brogul's quest, but no tickets.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    I don't even know where to get the tickets during the MYM event. I do PVP (cyro) battle quests and I'm not getting tickets.

You should be getting 2 tickets from your first battle mission board quest of the day. And 1 ticket from your first IC daily.

Battle grounds give you tickets in place of one of those two, but I don't remember which one.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Kaartinen
    Kaartinen
    ✭✭✭
    Do PvP players get a PvP option for the PvE events?

The events just seem like a way to get players out of their confort zone and playing other content.
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaartinen wrote: »
    Do PvP players get a PvP option for the PvE events?

The events just seem like a way to get players out of their confort zone and playing other content.

Noooope. We get 10% of the game and that's it. I repeat...that....is...it. So I don't know why PVErs are complaining about 1 event out of the year....and it is EVERY year...like they ALREADY know it's coming.....you can mark it on your challenger 365 days in advance lol. They have every opportunity to plan their vacation at that time, or plan their costco runs, or plan their house remodeling or whatever other activity they can think of, during the midyear mayhem event.

OR

They can take a backseat and still participate, understanding that not every event in ESO is for them. This game isn't just for them, it's for everyone...including PVPers, Rpers, Fishers, decorators, collectors, farmers, crafters, etc....it's for everyone.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Battle in the Alliance War, Battlegrounds, and Imperial City during the Midyear Mayhem PvP event and you’ll earn bonus XP, collectibles, and more!"

"during the Midyear Mayhem PvP even..."
    Options
  • SeekerAssassin
    If you don't like where the event is just don't do it. I don't get why its any harder than that. Not a big PvPer myself but i get the MyM quests done with little to no problem. Do them or don't no one is forcing you to do it. You can always just buy the style pages later.
    Options
  • RageKing
    RageKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    afraid of getting killed and dont like to pvp but want tickets during a pvp event? open up that real life wallet and buy them from crown store or pay someone gold to gift you those event tickets. you need 25 tickets to get the skin for the event (15 tickets for the unstable morpholith and 10 for the skin) that costs 5k crowns to get or around 1m gold.so save up crowns or gold before event and get the skin.

if your also broke in game and real life and afraid of pvp but want event tickets... check your self because you might be a squawking hagraven
    Options
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these event should have a giant warning sign *THIS IS A PVP EVENT, THERE WILL BE PVP, DON'T PASS IF YOU DON'T LIKE PVP*, because no matter what, there will be always pveers that seem to not know it.
    Options
  • SeekerAssassin
    it actually pretty sad how easy it is to do the quests without actually fighting anyone.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these event should have a giant warning sign *THIS IS A PVP EVENT, THERE WILL BE PVP, DON'T PASS IF YOU DON'T LIKE PVP*, because no matter what, there will be always pveers that seem to not know it.

You thinking of something like this? "SEIZE LOOT & GLORY DURING THE MIDYEAR MAYHEM PVP EVENT!"

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59469
    :smiley:

I dunno, maybe we should sign a waiver when we queue up for Alliance War zones. :lol:
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now one annoying thing in IC then you try to go in solo is that you have to go up on all the ladders to get the quests as you can not get them once you jump down.

I tend to do IC in guild but but have one alt who do some dailes in case I can not do the guild run that day and this is annoying.

As an PvE build like this character is you want to go in at slow hours morning is perfect. Do some quests:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Historical_Accuracy kill two types of mobs.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Lifeblood_of_an_Empire rescue npc.
    Both has the benefit of lots of quest targets
    Lifeblood of an empire can even be done from the top of the arena entrance tower with ranged attack but this will take some time.

Then done, die or go into sneak and port to Cyrodil campaign for an town quest then return to IC.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options