The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Nagahide Welwa Ravager question

Belegnole
Belegnole
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all, just a quick question to those who may have ideas about the new Welwa mount.

Why is it represented as a reptile when previously it looks like a mammal?

Don't get me wrong as I do like it even though it rides like a hardtail on a washboard gravel road. I just like the look of the furred version a bit better.

Then there's the name which I admit I hadn't thought about until just now. Nagahide? I mean I get the joke, I think. Either it's a intentional misspelling of a trademarked fake leather, or were back to making things out of Argonians...Possibly both.
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naga is serpent or snake. Hide is skin. Serpent skin welwa. /thread
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because the Hist made it so, I guess.
    As I understand it, it's more like a welwa-shaped lizard, like argonians are human-shaped (approximately) or bear-lizards shaped like bears. Hist likes that kind of stuff.
    Options
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »

According to lore a Naga is a type of Argonian. Your answer is based on Earth mythology.
    Options
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belegnole wrote: »
    Malkiv wrote: »

According to lore a Naga is a type of Argonian. Your answer is based on Earth mythology.

Okay, Argonian skinned welva. Happy?
    Options
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes Argonians want to travel a long way for a long time, and how do people do that? On mounts! And so useful lizards become Lizard Steeds of proven shapes, and then Argonians can ride, tall in the saddle and proud!" —Ukaspa of Lilmoth

In Elder Scrolls, the Hist not only made Argonians but also made other animals from Lizards based on animals in across Tamriel. Like Horses, Bears, Wolves, Cats, and Guar.

You can find them in the Xanmeer crown crates but this idea is based on established lore long before crown crates were a thing.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Xanmeer_Crate

The "Nagahide Welwa" is said to be made by the Hist Tree of the Naga-Kur "Dead-Water" Tribe
    As stablehands across Tamriel can attest, the ravager comes by its name honestly, destroying anything that moves between it and its master. Scholars speculate that the blue Hist of Dead-Water Village brought forth this green-hided breed.
    Edited by Iccotak on January 30, 2021 9:24PM
    Options
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

The "Nagahide Welwa" is said to be made by the Hist Tree of the Naga-Kur "Dead-Water" Tribe
    As stablehands across Tamriel can attest, the ravager comes by its name honestly, destroying anything that moves between it and its master. Scholars speculate that the blue Hist of Dead-Water Village brought forth this green-hided breed.

Thanks, I knew there had to be some "lore" that spoke to it.
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm waiting for the datamined one.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

Same. Got excited when I saw that one and have now been waiting to get a nice normal welwa mount. One with fur and not reptile looking.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same. Got excited when I saw that one and have now been waiting to get a nice normal welwa mount. One with fur and not reptile looking.

I'll take that one too...lol
    Options