The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblades nerf

Casandra
Casandra
✭✭✭
Might as well remove the whole class, nightblades have been nerfed to the ground and not playable in pvp after this patch. 21% reduction on damage, don't you find this excessive, what other class has this huge of a nerf on skills? Just not a viable class in pvp.anymore.....
Deliverance Still Emp titled because ZOS hasn't fixed in 4 years,Stamblade, Grand Overlord
Crimson Chaos, Sorc Grand Overlord retiring soon
Casandra V14 NB,
Daenery Grand Overlord (retired) V14 Sorc,
Immortali General
Rivenspire Merchant Guild
FormerlyHaderus
GraY Host
(Proud to be all EP)
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did I miss something in the patch notes? Where does that 21% come from?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the Snipe nerf, isn't it? As if that was the only thing nightblades do.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda suprised that ZoS nerfed snipe that hard. THE casual pug skill numero uno.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile if you compare the tooltips, PTS numbers are higher than live without CP factored into either.

Wait no, the sky is falling!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A class that is particularly strong in critical damage is going to suffer from the likely reductions in crit chance pretty automatically.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 30, 2021 8:02PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I rarely use snipe. It feels like I can go and make myself a cup of tea while it gets cast. Now it gets cheaper and faster, so at least this should be taken into account.
    But if snipe is what defines you as a nightblade, you aren't a nightblade.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes to snipe looks like ZOS is trying to minimize health de-syncs. They reduced cast time & increased travel time - as those contributed the most to this issue. Snipe was only able to actually do something nasty if it de-synced - so the "receiving end" would get hit by 2 or 3 snipes in one moment - with no chance to react.

So, even though they nerfed dmg (they had to nerf something, because of skill power budget), Snipe would not be able to do much in current meta, unless you are lucky and find someone with less than 30K health.

It seems that it will be new "pew pew" toy, as only advantage this skill has is incredible range.

I am actually seriously thinking that most bow builds next patch will use Poison Arrow & morphs as this skill has no cast time and actually, comparable dmg (PTS).
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A decent nightblade doesnt even slot snipe
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »

Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A class that is particularly strong in critical damage is going to suffer from the likely reductions in crit chance pretty automatically.
    Unless they're wearing Acuity.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Unless they're wearing Acuity.

Fair enough, for burst-only PvP.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in the pts champion point thread but I'll post here since it's a nightblade thread.....anyone tested the new 'slippery' champion skill? It's a free, automatic break free every 18 secs. On first day of PTS I slotted it and messed around dueling some magdk's......it essentially turns breaking free from fossilized Into autopilot mode. It breaks you free Instantly, and automatically. You just have to dodge roll lol. Easy mode. I wonder if any other folks have tested or have thoughts on it....
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NagualV wrote: »
    I posted this in the pts champion point thread but I'll post here since it's a nightblade thread.....anyone tested the new 'slippery' champion skill? It's a free, automatic break free every 18 secs. On first day of PTS I slotted it and messed around dueling some magdk's......it essentially turns breaking free from fossilized Into autopilot mode. It breaks you free Instantly, and automatically. You just have to dodge roll lol. Easy mode. I wonder if any other folks have tested or have thoughts on it....

Now we have sets AND CP that can play the game for us. Woo!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Raegwyr
    Raegwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well snipe is just one of not so many playstyles nb excels at. No brawlerblade for you because you are too squishy. Gank is hard af during this very tanky meta. Sniper is gone. Magblade as pvp class is a joke but at least you can be a bomber.
    Overall snipe change is good, just blades needs a little redesign
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Range or damage needed to go anyway. The range on that skill is ridiculous as is, let alone with the extension from the Alliance war line.

Some silence areas need extended too, apparently, since some want to hide on their perch and just try to spam for bow kills.

Get in the damn fight.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Raegwyr
    Raegwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

[Quoted post was removed]

Imagine they even manage to fix the cloak before the nerfs (buggiest skill in entire game for years)
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 1, 2021 7:13PM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raegwyr wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

[Quoted post was removed]

Imagine they even manage to fix the cloak before the nerfs (buggiest skill in entire game for years)

A concept fit only for the imagination unfortunately
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 1, 2021 7:14PM
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This also has me concerned.

1) It makes tactical stuns in pvp less effective for everyone and also triggering a lot of passive mitigation from "While immunne to CC" effects, virtually automatic.

2) Ganking will suffer greatly from this "perk". As the stun from sneak and abilities during the opening is critical for most engagements success.

3) it completely renders one half of a Nightblade's Master Assassin passive moot in pvp.

Now, I realize a lot of people dislike this type of playstyle and/or being a victim of it, hence the hate for years. However most people fail to realize the benefits they get from having people that do this on their side.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    Casandra wrote: »
    Might as well remove the whole class, nightblades have been nerfed to the ground and not playable in pvp after this patch. 21% reduction on damage, don't you find this excessive, what other class has this huge of a nerf on skills? Just not a viable class in pvp.anymore.....

Play what the game push you to play... WW, malacth, proc set, HP and heavy builds
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Meanwhile if you compare the tooltips, PTS numbers are higher than live without CP factored into either.

Wait no, the sky is falling!

The tooltip is slightly higher, like 80 damage higher only because you get an extra 1000 weapon damage. Snipe is a very mediocre ability and if you aren't a squishy glass canon you aren't hitting for squat with it. I think with this change they should look into changing lethal arrow also since minor defile is trash and only lasts for 4 seconds. If anyone disagrees I encourage you to slot snipe on your non-gank setup and go into pvp.

People like to talk smack about using snipe but show me one 1vX video of a player using Snipe and I'll show you 100 more of someone using dizzy. I want to see someone be effective with snipe on a non-gank non-nb build.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »

This also has me concerned.

1) It makes tactical stuns in pvp less effective for everyone and also triggering a lot of passive mitigation from "While immunne to CC" effects, virtually automatic.

2) Ganking will suffer greatly from this "perk". As the stun from sneak and abilities during the opening is critical for most engagements success.

3) it completely renders one half of a Nightblade's Master Assassin passive moot in pvp.

Now, I realize a lot of people dislike this type of playstyle and/or being a victim of it, hence the hate for years. However most people fail to realize the benefits they get from having people that do this on their side.

Yeah although I was benefitting from the 'skill' while testing it, I also had similar thoughts about my build/class. It's already hard to land assassins will/soul harvest. This champion 'skill' completely automates, INSTANTLY, break free. And it's free, every 18 secs. While I was dueling the magdk's, I only had to focus on dodge rolling, and the magdk's simply could not pin me down. The moment you're fossilized, dodge roll, that's it! I wear wild hunt, good luck ever catching me again lol.

To me, it seemed like the game was playing for me....
    Edited by NagualV on February 2, 2021 3:27PM
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its good NB bow[snip] spammers got a nerf, totally appceriate

[Edited to remove Offensive Content]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 2, 2021 4:09PM
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    The nerf could be fair if other most abused skills (like jabs/streaks/leaps/swings) would be nerfed too. But now it just looks like nightblades lost another one (more if we will include passives) tools from their effective toolkit.

Or, probably ZOS is trying to force people to buy Markarth DLC for getting vateshran bow (actually, which compensates lack of snipe damage)
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry man, they're increasing the projectile travel time and decreasing the cast time to below the GCD. There will be new setups to make snipe work as well as it does right now, we will just have to adjust to the change in playstyle. 21% damage reduction is a lot of lost burst out of the gate, but people will brew up ways to make up for the damage elsewhere. Either using different gear setups, race changing, different buffs, etc. I think you will notice the nerf in burst the most in CP, but honestly if I have to snipe 1 or 2 more times to kill someone it's not a big deal, especially with the range it has.

For CP, people will figure out allocation setups that will make up for the damage in some way. I mean malacath on snipe builds might even become the new snipe meta (for instance). We're losing some crit, so we just have to boost that damage in other areas. I am sure a few of us gankers will figure out the CP 2.0 tree and find a new way of snipe ganking. Who knows, maybe even the Vateshran bow (which is sort of useless to use right now) might be viable for ganking when the patch drops. Like a melee gankblade but with Vateshran bow front bar....w

Who knows, we will figure it out though...we always do.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Kinda suprised that ZoS nerfed snipe that hard. THE casual pug skill numero uno.

I still use SNIPE in PVE... I might have been the last. Gone now fer sure... because PVP? FFS!

Some will choose not to remember when the NB core skill Refreshing PATH lost it's damage ability.
    Edited by QuebraRegra on February 4, 2021 10:26PM
  • Provin915
    Provin915
    ✭✭✭

I still use SNIPE in PVE... I might have been the last. Gone now fer sure... because PVP? FFS!

Some will choose not to remember when the NB core skill Refreshing PATH lost it's damage ability.

I use snipe too in PvE! Trying to keep the bow/bow alive ^^
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your dps will see a net increase spamming snipe. You can now light attack on GCD.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB