Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Struggling to find excavation site

SteveyP777
Hey everyone,

I'm going to assume here I'm just *very* bad at this - but just in case there's something I'm missing - I've done the scrying and found the location (got all nodes on the scrying so this is definitely the right location) - I'm running around here now for 20 minutes or more and simply cannot find the mound.

I've tried to be super strategic about it - going clockwise then anti-clockwise and breaking the blue zone up into segments and look everywhere...

Is there something I'm missing?

Should I kill the mobs in the area before the site will appear?

Very confused - either I'm just super rubbish at this or I'm missing something, either way I'm definitely not feeling like the smartest tool in the shed (... just a tool, in general).

Cheers,

S.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equip the Antiquarian's eye in your quickslot.

When you "use" it in the highlighted dig zone. There will be a tail streaming off it it that will point to the location of the dig site.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes for me the glowing yellow swirl around the mound is not visible.

Also, there are a few areas where the eye points you outside the area indicated on the map. The eye is always correct, though.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SteveyP777
    tmbrinks wrote: »

When you "use" it in the highlighted dig zone. There will be a tail streaming off it it that will point to the location of the dig site.

Haha no WAY I had no idea the Antiquarian's eye was a thing! I've been ranking up all this time without it! Just wandering around the blue zones till I found it!

That's crazy!

Thank you so much that's fixed the problem it's actually super easy now!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SteveyP777 wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Haha no WAY I had no idea the Antiquarian's eye was a thing! I've been ranking up all this time without it! Just wandering around the blue zones till I found it!

That's crazy!

Oh wow, I congratulate you for getting this far in hard mode, lol!

If I had realized that was what you were doing I would have included a link to a video I made for scrying and digging when I did the tutorial for that and couldn’t understand the digging part.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SteveyP777

Oh wow, I congratulate you for getting this far in hard mode, lol!

If I had realized that was what you were doing I would have included a link to a video I made for scrying and digging when I did the tutorial for that and couldn’t understand the digging part.

Haha thank you!

Yeah definitely wasn't easy!

But I've realised what the issue was - when you first complete a tutorial it doesn't seem to explain that the antiquarian's eye is a thing that you can use! I've just completed the tutorial with a new character and, in fact, the antiquarian's eye is not even available...

Any idea how / when it appears?
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are given the Antiquarian's Eye after completing tutorial and it's somewhere in you collections, like a memento.
    You need to quickslot it and then use while being within the dig site area.
  • SteveyP777
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    I think you are given the Antiquarian's Eye after completing tutorial and it's somewhere in you collections, like a memento.
    You need to quickslot it and then use while being within the dig site area.

GREAT thank you I was looking under inventory - my bad! Thanks for the help :smiley:
  • woodsielord
    woodsielord
    ✭✭✭
    SteveyP777 wrote: »
    That's crazy!

I feel you. I did the same on my first 2 dozen digs or so. Painful.

It might help you to know that you can retry scrying and digging indefinitely, even if you fail. Realizing that saved me up to 10 skill point in my subsequent characters.

Happy EZ digging!