The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Your attempted jump failed

Gylzyn
Gylzyn
✭✭✭
I regularly get this message when trying to climb ladders up from the IC Sewers and also when trying to go through trapdoors back down to them. Sometimes this "failure to jump" happens repeatedly and it is a bit frustrating. Is there some reason for this and anything that can be done about it?
Edited by Gylzyn on January 30, 2021 3:27PM
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been having the same problem. Something has definitely gone wonky in ic.
  • drunkendx
    drunkendx
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is getting beyond annoying.
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, those ladders are pretty much cursed each event :rage: . Picking up daily quests takes half hour, mostly spent by frantically hitting "E". Why can't ZOS at least put the questgivers downstairs into the base, if they can't make trap doors work right?

BTW - got killed before looting boss yesterday and gues what? Game decided I'm not allowed back in that district untill the body disappeared.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure each district has a max population, which when reached disallows you from entering, as there are no extra "instances" to spin up like the rest of the PVE world. It's even more annoying when half your group made it, but then has to wait until the rest of the group can manage to get in.
  • Gylzyn
    Gylzyn
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I did wonder if there is a limit on the number of players in each district which might explain why you are not allowed to jump up until a space becomes free. In which case trying to get back to your group can take a little time. Like others I have missed looting a boss. But there is always another chance and I guess something we just have to live with.
  • Garkbit
    Garkbit
    ✭✭
    It's happening when trying to get back into the sewers from the city too!
    These are not the sweet rolls you're looking for - Now move along before I put an arrow in your knee.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gylzyn wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I did wonder if there is a limit on the number of players in each district which might explain why you are not allowed to jump up until a space becomes free. In which case trying to get back to your group can take a little time. Like others I have missed looting a boss. But there is always another chance and I guess something we just have to live with.

It definitely has something to do with the amount of folks flowing into the city, I almost never see the bug in non-event times.

I was getting it while my faction was 1 bar while the other two were 3bar/locked.. So it may be overall pop on the server causing this.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, works going up or down, either one. If you're trying to go back down (it chose the ladder as opposed to the bounty board I was actually targeting once), sometimes you can step out of the blue zone (the slience), step back in, and the ladder will work.

Not sure why they're doing instance checks at these points, as the instance should already be set at that point.

Pop lock should never be an issue. Everyone should be able to be in the same wedge or sewer zone and the server should be set up to handle it. If it can't, than it sounds like it's letting too many people in in the first place, in effort to try to BS the limit.

Poor design, again.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    As written above, it is likely "instance is full" problem. What really baffles me is, that this annoying (and somethimes lethal) problem comes back with each IC event and yet there doesn't seem to be any effort to fix it, or do something to sofften the blow (like adding extra campaings for the event). Cyrodil isn't all sunshine and rainbows performance-wise either, but at least one can choose to do BG daily for 2 event tickets instead. Meanwhile the only way to get third ticket is IC (+ it's only place where style pages drop). Yes, in moment of twisted genius, someone at ZOS decided to funnel entirety of ESO playerbase into measly four campaings of IC, without any apparent adjustments. No wonder there are problems.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaGaOri wrote: »
    As written above, it is likely "instance is full" problem. What really baffles me is, that this annoying (and somethimes lethal) problem comes back with each IC event and yet there doesn't seem to be any effort to fix it, or do something to sofften the blow (like adding extra campaings for the event). Cyrodil isn't all sunshine and rainbows performance-wise either, but at least one can choose to do BG daily for 2 event tickets instead. Meanwhile the only way to get third ticket is IC (+ it's only place where style pages drop). Yes, in moment of twisted genius, someone at ZOS decided to funnel entirety of ESO playerbase into measly four campaings of IC, without any apparent adjustments. No wonder there are problems.

I'm glad there are only 4. Any more and it turns into pre-1 tam 'Buff Campaigns' where each faction has their own campaign to zerg and doesn't actually PvP.

There's a fair bit of Mayhem in the city streets.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suspicion, total guess here, is that it's as follows:

Pop is capped.

Game deletes the jumping player from original area. Applies this to the total faction pop count (or the total pop count), so population is now 1 under max.

Because of the massive churn of players entering and leaving IC, someone is now let into IC. Population is now back at max before the jumping player has actually landed.

Game tries to place you in the destination zone. Cannot do so since this would increase population to 1 above max, which is forbidden.

Game puts you back in the zone you were trying to leave, without checking the total population, which is now 1 over max.

Next person to try to jump has the same problem - until someone else tries to jump, then there are *two* people trying to jump at the same time, bring the population from max+1 to max-1. The first one completes his jump successfully, the second one glitches again, rinse and repeat until somebody actually leaves IC entirely and reduces the population to below max...
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    This happens even when the servers are not on load at 4am...?