The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

OPTION TO FLATTERN OR MODIFY PLOT AND ADDITION WALL OPTIONS

Lord_Etrigan
Lord_Etrigan
✭✭✭✭
Good Day @Devs

Kindly may I request if you could look into allowing us to modify the terrain of empty plots purchased.

I have been looking for and struggle to find a decent flat open terrain in order to build our new Guild home .
The Coldharbour is nice but was lacking bodies of water.

I finally settles on Moon-Sugar but whilst building found that the high grass and boulders or rocks cannot be removed thus limiting the vision I have for the guild home as i would need to build around the rocks or be forced to build higher up. This in turn creates more issues regarding build slots as it is now required to fit stairs where non would have been needed should the option have been there to flatten or raise the terrain, in order to suit architectural needs.

I further would also like to kindly request more wall options IRO styles, longer and higher walls. The reason for this is that I'm simply in love with the Alinor style and especially the walls but the length and height are simply not adequate to build a home or replicate the beautiful Alinor or High ELF architectural that one sees in Summerset, thus forcing me to use floors or platforms as walls to reduce build slots and as such loose the splendor and Magnificence of the Elven Styles one could accomplish should one have had access to longer and bigger pieces.

It is my hopes that you will take this request to hart and consider adding the above in order for the community to explore the potential that lies waiting.

Kind Regards,

Lord Etrigan

Edited by Lord_Etrigan on January 30, 2021 10:10AM
PS4 EU
Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Welewa
    Welewa
    ✭✭✭
    We just need more building blocks periods and more 'houses' that are simply land, so we can build our own. I played Rift before I came here and I was so excited when they announced housing was coming to ESO. They've made improvements over time but I continued to remain disappointed overall, especially in comparison of the two. In Rift, I had one place that was quite simply a warehouse for building blocks and I had thousands of them stored there. (Yes, that many different types of building blocks from planks to spheres, to columns, to squares and rectangles, to doors and walls and arches and windows and roofs, in all types of materials including glass). I had another that had buildings, because they gave us shells of houses that we could put furniture in. Some even had elevators in them. And so on.

ZOS could be so much more creative than what they are but instead, they choose to offer huge houses that we can't properly decorate with satisfaction due to the limit on housing item slots, which they've stated they will never raise because its a resource issue. And, of course, most of them are for cash currency. The ONE consolation I have is that they didn't use a hook system like ToR or LotRo but I have no hopes that they will ever be as good as Rift or SWG.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look up in Alinor at some buildings, you will see how awesome the villas look. They have very intricate columns, wall sections and balconies. None of those are available to craft or buy. Also, we need doors for our Alinor houses! I would love to have the wooden spiral staircase and some wooden floors/ceiling from this style, beside the stone ones. Also some stained glass windows, please!

The devs put so much passion in this style, and it is a shame that players can't build houses using the work they have done!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    If you look up in Alinor at some buildings, you will see how awesome the villas look. They have very intricate columns, wall sections and balconies. None of those are available to craft or buy. Also, we need doors for our Alinor houses! I would love to have the wooden spiral staircase and some wooden floors/ceiling from this style, beside the stone ones. Also some stained glass windows, please!

The devs put so much passion in this style, and it is a shame that players can't build houses using the work they have done!

I get really sad when I walk in Alinor and gaze up on the beautiful Architecture knowing we would not be able to replicate due to non availability of structures.

PS4 EU
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed x10! I love the columns with organic patterns and the balustrades and we definitely need doors and windows — for the latter, I’d be happy with those like in the townhouse, a beautiful changing lightsource, and then I could make that home better match the exterior as well as be more beautiful! :blush:

I’m really glad that they continue to expand our options in structural furnishings and hope there will be even more Ayleid pieces than we’ve seen datamined — like the beautiful latticed arches! And I’d love to have gazebos and round platforms in both Alinor and Ayleid styles! :love:
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its unlikely we're be able to ever change the terrain. The rocks, grass, stone, and structure pieces attached however is a possibility.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its unlikely we're be able to ever change the terrain. The rocks, grass, stone, and structure pieces attached however is a possibility.

It would be great if they took a leaf from No Mans Sky page with regards to terrain manipulation
    PS4 EU

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Northern_Mage
    Northern_Mage
    ✭✭
    Also, we need doors for our Alinor houses
    I would like to add that there is a need for doorframes to put the doors in when you have/want to create a extra rooms, to all of the houses.
    Welewa wrote: »
    We just need more building blocks periods and more 'houses' that are simply land, so we can build our own. I played Rift before I came here and I was so excited when they announced housing was coming to ESO. They've made improvements over time but I continued to remain disappointed overall, especially in comparison of the two. In Rift, I had one place that was quite simply a warehouse for building blocks and I had thousands of them stored there. (Yes, that many different types of building blocks from planks to spheres, to columns, to squares and rectangles, to doors and walls and arches and windows and roofs, in all types of materials including glass). I had another that had buildings, because they gave us shells of houses that we could put furniture in. Some even had elevators in them. And so on.

ZOS could be so much more creative than what they are but instead, they choose to offer huge houses that we can't properly decorate with satisfaction due to the limit on housing item slots, which they've stated they will never raise because its a resource issue. And, of course, most of them are for cash currency. The ONE consolation I have is that they didn't use a hook system like ToR or LotRo but I have no hopes that they will ever be as good as Rift or SWG.
    I agree and I'd say there is a need for "Building" furnishing, like whole housewalls with windows and doorframes, ceilings and (for those that want to) fortified wallsections and towers, otherwise you end up "sacrificing" at least 200-300, maybe even 500, of the furnishing slots in your house creating the "house" you want.

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we also get a lawnmower for the pesky grass that loves to clip through everything placed on grassy areas?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be great if they took a leaf from No Mans Sky page with regards to terrain manipulation

Completely different type of game, engine etc.

There's no way we could get tools to modify the terrain in ESO. The engine doesn't work that way.
    What we could get though is big pieces of "ground" furniture to change it. Which would only be able to raise it.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Carthelion
    Carthelion
    ✭✭✭
    Good Day @Devs

Kindly may I request if you could look into allowing us to modify the terrain of empty plots purchased.

I have been looking for and struggle to find a decent flat open terrain in order to build our new Guild home .
    The Coldharbour is nice but was lacking bodies of water.

I finally settles on Moon-Sugar but whilst building found that the high grass and boulders or rocks cannot be removed thus limiting the vision I have for the guild home as i would need to build around the rocks or be forced to build higher up. This in turn creates more issues regarding build slots as it is now required to fit stairs where non would have been needed should the option have been there to flatten or raise the terrain, in order to suit architectural needs.

I further would also like to kindly request more wall options IRO styles, longer and higher walls. The reason for this is that I'm simply in love with the Alinor style and especially the walls but the length and height are simply not adequate to build a home or replicate the beautiful Alinor or High ELF architectural that one sees in Summerset, thus forcing me to use floors or platforms as walls to reduce build slots and as such loose the splendor and Magnificence of the Elven Styles one could accomplish should one have had access to longer and bigger pieces.

It is my hopes that you will take this request to hart and consider adding the above in order for the community to explore the potential that lies waiting.

Kind Regards,

Lord Etrigan

It's funny, I too am looking to build an Alinor style house on Moon Sugar Meadow. Near one of the bodies of water. I haven't started but have been trying to figure out windows and doors for a while. I wish they would add more stained glass too.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many houses have totally open floorplans that having availability of walls of various sizes that could be strung together, including ones with doorways, would be very welcome.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I agree with your post, Lord Etrigan, I must say that I was profoundly disappointed that it isn't in rhyme.
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% would like more plots of land or the ability to remove existing houses/pillars/rocks etc. Every houser I know has a little loft somewhere that needs a small spirall staircase or a narrow floating wood stairs. We know you have glass fx we can actually see through, so a basic square window and a square door or two would be lovely. B)
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd kill for a set of basic architecture pieces (Wall, Doorway Stairs, Floor etc) in the Hlaalu style.

I believe they should set a goal to release Architecture Pieces for ALL of the available racial building styles over the course of a year. The assets are already there and it'd go a long way towards improving how people design their interiors if they could design their own rooms, hallways and freestanding structures if they actually had true matching pieces.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to remove tall grasses and weeds. If you try to place anything over them the grass pokes up through it.
    PCNA
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to remove tall grasses and weeds. If you try to place anything over them the grass pokes up through it.

I agree, sitting with the very same problem.
    PS4 EU

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭

Completely different type of game, engine etc.

There's no way we could get tools to modify the terrain in ESO. The engine doesn't work that way.
    What we could get though is big pieces of "ground" furniture to change it. Which would only be able to raise it.

Thanks bud, ground furniture is a interesting idea.
    PS4 EU

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!