The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I'm sorry, I can't leave Imperial City?

Esorono
Esorono
✭✭
Seriously you can't teleport out of Imperial City, really guys? You are so desperate to get people to PvP that you force them to stay with no way to leave?
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just like Cyro.
    You can queue for Cyro and use a wayshrine there.
    You can bloodport to your base and just exit.
    You can use a sigil of imperial retreat and, again, use the exit.
    Edit: maybe if you log out, game would eventually kick you out of IC, not sure.
    Edited by Nairinhe on January 29, 2021 10:29PM
  • Esorono
    Esorono
    ✭✭
    Found it. Still my point stands, they shouldn't force people to stay and actually mark their exits.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not like the game goes, "Not so fast, friend, you can't sit in the queue for 30 minutes and then just jump out after 5. So you stay and better be productive!“
    Edited by Nairinhe on January 29, 2021 10:37PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Nairinhe says, you've got a couple of options to leave.

The usual way to leave is going back to your alliance's sewer base, then go to the central room of the base. The door that doesn't lead to the sewers will take you back to the regular PVE zones. This is because Imperial City PVP is designed to make you go from districts to sewers, farming Tel Var and fighting enemy players along the way.

Ways to get back to your sewer base:
    1. Die. Respawn at your base or a district point then go down the ladder to your base. Best done if you have few Tel Var or don't care if you lose what you have.
    2. Use a Sigil of Imperial Retreat. Buy this in your alliance sewer base for 10k AP before you head out, then quickslot it and use to port back. Mostly useful if you've got a lot of Tel Var.
    3. Run through the sewers, killing NPCs and enemy players all the way. Good luck!

The other common way to leave is to pick the Cyrodiil campaign with the lowest population, queue for it, and take the queue when it pops. This will put you in Cyrodiil in your alliance base, where you can wayshrine out to PVE zones.

Normally, this is quick and easy, but during Midyear Mayhem, you might want to find an out of the way spot to stealth out while you wait for the queue to pop. The good news is that taking the queue will remove you from IC even if you are in combat, so if you time it just right, you can escape in the nick of time from pursuers.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esorono wrote: »
    Found it. Still my point stands, they shouldn't force people to stay and actually mark their exits.

Yeah, it should be on the map like the wayshrines are at the Cyrodill bases. I forget where it is and start trying different corridors.
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Edit: maybe if you log out, game would eventually kick you out of IC, not sure.

It won’t kick you out unless a campaign ends or maybe if the population cap is reached. But the only time I wasn’t in Cyrodill or IC when I logged off there is when a campaign ended. That surprised me, actually, and I don’t know how that works with the queue.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a horribly clunky system. There are numerous ways to exit Imperial City (and Cyrodiil) outlined above, but they missed the most obvious one that ZOS really should add. Just give us a button to "leave Imperial City" that will take us back to the spot we were at before we queued. Make it usable only out of combat for balance reasons and possibly attach a small timer to it. 10 seconds or so.

It's not something we can't already do anyway.

If you're in Imperial City, queue for Cyrodiil to be placed at Cyrodiil front gates. Use wayshrine to leave.

If you're in Cyrodiil, queue for Imperial City and use the door marked exit to leave.

Why do we have these extra steps? Just add the option to leave.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esorono wrote: »

Marking the sewer base exits better than they are would be beneficial, yeah. The EP doors look so similar that I always walk up to one, see [Harena Hypogenum], "Oops, wrong one!", turn around and find the actual exit on the other end of the room.