The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Midyear Mayem's potatoes, share your stories here!

wheresbes
wheresbes
✭✭✭✭
(Allergy notes: there might be traces of sarcasm)

This is the time of the year when us PVP-potatoes join the onslaught, how are you faring so far?

Personally, I geared up with what made sense in my mind, turned out a mess.
The skills I've been actually used are: Break free - Run away crying - Jump - Play hide 'n seek - "I'm leaving this to you, shade". The ultimate was "Move frantically".

My most embarrassing moments so far:

1. "I've got little health left, I need to jump off the wall!". I did it the wrong side so that was a long jump into death.
2. I went for getting a resource back by myself, I thought I was bombing a group of NPCs, I actually bombed a group of players and it didn't end up well.

My accomplishments so far:

1. Fear, fear and fear (I'm a nuisance IRL, why not be so also in-game?)
2. I managed to kill a poor soul that was being attacked by 10+ potatoes (and yes, I feel very ashamed)

WHY CAN'T YOU STAND STILL??!! :D

Please, share your potato-antics here so that we may echo: "Aww, you're not alone!"

But by all means, also share your success stories to give hope to us all.

Enjoy the massacre fight!
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really enjoy going on my crafter in full Speedset with only the Hide skill.
    Doing the imperial city quests while in stealth knowing if I get found its run and hide time is quite fun
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't do PVP last year so went in on my PVE and... Basicly ran for my character's dear life constantly.

I think I may have gotten T-bagged a few times. Remember a NB that kept chasing me..

This year I made a PVP character and got practice in before the event.

It's actually quite fun now..

Like Hircine says.. "Hunter or Pray".

It's much more fun when you're not (always) the pray.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest problems-- aside from dying a lot, which is not a problem for me because I'm so good at it-- is that I keep getting disconnected. I don't know if it's the game or my internet, because our internet has been spotty lately. Potato for real.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good stories, keep 'em coming!
    Remember a NB that kept chasing me..

It wasn't me, I swear :D

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with every pvp event I stocked up on completed dailies on alts during off hours and just dramatically turned them in unopposed when the event started. 2 days in and I have all 6 tickets without having needed to engage in pvp at all to get it.

I did make me some pvp gear this year though and will be fooling around in pvp zones for alliance points. I figure I might as well because of the ap boost, and since it will be less stressful if I am guaranteed my tickets so long as I remember to grab them.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At the quest towns, I usually hold my fire if someone from another alliance is there—I don’t fight them unless they attack me. (If they’re real PvP’ers, I wouldn’t have a chance of winning anyhow). So, last night when I suddenly started taking damage while I was reading a quest screen, I figured I was being ganked. I closed the screen and did my best to fight back and die with some semblance of honor.

To my surprise, my opponent went down quickly to my not-very-accomplished tactics. I realized too late that it had probably been my *bear* who had attacked the other player first. My efforts to be non-aggressive and peaceable had been frustrated by a pet.

Similarly, on an alt in Imperial City, my twilight pet flew off and attacked a whole horde of opponents whom I’d hoping to hide from. Needless to say, I got pounded to an inglorious death by about 10 reds. From now on, I’m leaving the pets at home!
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I walked into bgs on my pve stam sorc and ironically most pvpers can't counter me so i end up holding a flag against 2 full enemy teams and they can't move me. And rest of team just ran around dominating other flags.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was pleasantly surprised as I was doing the daily in IC. I'm running toward the next turn in point when I see about 4 reds running behind me. "God, I'm so close please don't kill me and make me run all the way back" but I prepared for the death telling myself its the risk you take and......they ran right by me to the same quest turn in point and we all clicked together and ran off to the next point.

I then decided to go get some skyshards in the sewers and actually got one without anyone killing me.

What..........
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I decided. for the first time ever, to take a look at doing scouting missions.

The mission was to scout Glademist farm. I studied the map for 10 minutes. Its not listed. There's a Glademist keep, but no structures anywhere near it that might suggest a farm.

google said it was NW of Chorrel. My mouse overs found various farms and other places of interest, but no Glademist farm.

So I dropped the quest and left Cyro to go do something that was actually fun.

:#
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a consistent PVPer I’d actually like to thank the PvErs for changing the meta last night. I saw more 3 way fights and different tactics in a night than you would normally see in a week.

People taking down walls instead of doors was a fun change for example.

On a selfish note I would also like to thank the CP170 who kept letting me VD all his teammates through him. You’re the real MVP!
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheresbes wrote: »
    Good stories, keep 'em coming!
    Remember a NB that kept chasing me..

It wasn't me, I swear :D

Same, I wouldn't have been chasing anyone down because they'd already be 2 or 3-shot by me.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went in with my usual PvE solo gear sets False God's on mag and Relequen on stam then I realized how stupid that is.

Been having a lot of fun tryhard potato'ing on my mag Sorc with Infernal Guardian and the full annoying array of mag Sorc skills and pets in solo BGs.

IC is hilariously fun on my squishy stage 4 vamp Orc crafter wearing Coward's, Fiord's, and Ring of the Wild Hunt. If there's even a hint of attack from zerg or other tryhard potatoes, I'm gone like a fart in the wind.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    I really enjoy going on my crafter in full Speedset with only the Hide skill.
    Doing the imperial city quests while in stealth knowing if I get found its run and hide time is quite fun

I do IC in stealth with 3 armour sets that shrink my detection radius on a khajiit with invisiblity potions just in case. Most of the time you don't even have to do the quests, just hide in the vicinity of people who are and you get credited too.

Too many toons not enough time
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a 17k Assassins Will to the face last night. Yes, I was in light armor glass cannon potato nuker build, but apparently, that dude was not a potato. It's been a long time since I was 2-shot like that (8k incap to follow). Haha
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unkillable turtles in BG. PvP never changes as I see, not gonna participate anymore.
    Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This season's objective for me is to get a big 50 piece geode on at least 10 of my characters.

So, I'm just working my way down my roster, treating it like a "come as you are party". Go in with whatever they're wearing, no prep except to read the scroll.

I fight like it's slapstick. Follow the crowd. Run around slinging stuff in the general direction of the enemy. Expecting to get killed a lot.

It's a lot of fun, especially when my Grand Master Crafter, who normally just does writs and jogs around picking up maps and surveys, takes someone down 1-on-1. Or when someone seriously tries to gank me and fails. Or hitting someone on a siege with a shot from a Coldharbour treb, and watching them panic for a couple of ticks, then drop dead.

It's all good fun :D
    PC EU
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This season's objective for me is to get a big 50 piece geode on at least 10 of my characters.

So, I'm just working my way down my roster, treating it like a "come as you are party". Go in with whatever they're wearing, no prep except to read the scroll.

I fight like it's slapstick. Follow the crowd. Run around slinging stuff in the general direction of the enemy. Expecting to get killed a lot.

It's a lot of fun, especially when my Grand Master Crafter, who normally just does writs and jogs around picking up maps and surveys, takes someone down 1-on-1. Or when someone seriously tries to gank me and fails. Or hitting someone on a siege with a shot from a Coldharbour treb, and watching them panic for a couple of ticks, then drop dead.

It's all good fun :D

I do the same thing about every 3 months. 25k AP can happen before you even see someone of another faction during MYM. I would not overthink your gear at all if you are only after transmutes. I might recommend a Ring of the Wild Hunt and some wall repair kits, but that's about it.
  • Elissn
    Elissn
    ✭✭✭
    Played with a friend yesterday, and because they did not yet reach lvl 50 I entered the IC on my lvl37 Khajiit. With the lack of skill points, passives and proper gear, my poor Khajiit is already in potato in PVE, and thus probably a double potato in PVP.
    I felt like a housecat among lions, it was hilarious. Ran around spamming ranged skills on anything that moved while waiting for everyone else to do the hard work for me. Die to both, mobs and enemy players. And profit!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to share a story of when potatoes attack. Mostly because it is rare I get to kill another player on the character I was using and want to brag a bit. Was just doing a quest and was engaged with some NPCs when I was attacked. I dodge rolled and ended up between a building and a fence. I panicked a bit trying to run out of player AoE and NPC AoE so couldn't find my way to the end of the fence. I slot breath of life just for these oh #$@ moments so was staying alive. When I finally got back where I could target the enemy player I hit him with a Toppling Charge, usually my go to move right before I die. Was surprised when it knocked his health in half. Chased him around the corner and killed him.

Then I died because we were not alone.

Most times I run/sneak to an objective then die and repeat until I'm done on most my characters. I know that going in though so no hard feelings. I cheer a bit when I get to do an entire quest and don't have to die even once.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uber potato level 31 character in all white crafted level 14 gear. Many deaths. I'm too cheap to upgrade her until she hits max.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got ganked and died
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Finished last match or the 5 bgs daily i got dropped in to a team half way into crazy king last place i stomped so much ass we came in first we were still down one teammate. 3v4v4 lag was just light enough to light attacl weave amd my execute game was on point.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried Battlegrounds on my alts for the first time ever.

Well, while some of them were kinda painful to play in those, it was relatively easy with the double AP to get rank 5 in Assault and regain Rapid Maneuver. Even if I felt I was barely doing much damage. To get that skill back on 8 of my alts took about 9 hours. Although, for two of them, they were formerly "afflicted" with the "bug" where the skill remained on their bars even though they were only Assault rank 4, I leveled those up in anticipation of the skill point reset of Update 29.

Probably the funniest moment is when I tried to take on a Werewolf with that wolf pack skill active and all I was was a magicka Templar. Got owned. UwU

I haven't decided if I am going to try and continue - my Stamplar would benefit from getting Caltrops, and of my alts she was the most fun to play. My Sorcerer was also fairly effective, once I got into a rhythm.

As usual, going into Imperial City involves me being Stage 4 vampire and doing the Fangboi Naruto Run into stealth. It's so funny how effective that is at completely annoying opponents, especially when the only thing I want to do is a single daily for the ticket.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

The mission was to scout Glademist farm. I studied the map for 10 minutes. Its not listed. There's a Glademist keep, but no structures anywhere near it that might suggest a farm.

google said it was NW of Chorrel. My mouse overs found various farms and other places of interest, but no Glademist farm.

That's an entirely fair decision.

For what its worth, when you get closer to a keep, you'll see that each keep has three resources: a farm (wheat ear symbol), a lumber mill (logs), and a mine (pickaxe).

So if you travel closer to Gladewater keep, you'd have seen the farm. But depending on how much fighting was in your way and how close the transitus shrines will get you there, the ride may or may not be worth it.

And I always say that if PVP is getting really frustrating, its not worth it. Good on you for doing something fun instead!

For anyone else who's having this issue, here's a picture of one Fort Ash held by AD with its resources held by DC:
    Nickel-Ash.png

And to everyone sharing stories, thanks for sharing!
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 30, 2021 12:10AM
  • Helgi_Skotina
    Helgi_Skotina
    ✭✭✭
    I killed 180+ [snip] without a single death. Love the event!

[Edited to remove Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on January 31, 2021 3:06PM
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fail:

Was dueling someone in a BG and I was about to win and I rolled backwards....right off the edge of the map.

Winning/Goal:

Killing all the skill less templars who just spam jab. You people are my primary targets.
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update:

In my trip to the IC, I've managed to snag the Malacath lead, yay! So, I went digging, tried it on instead of the mythic boots and BOOOM! No difference whatsoever :D

Also in IC, I've learned how to tickle a werewolf. Throw at them all that I got, the health bar did not budge. I'm sure they liked it, so I don't know why they've ripped me apart.

And lastly... I was at a resource in Cyrodiil (alone) saw an 810 CP yellow (alone), by Ysgramor, I'm going to attack you! One second later I was dead. Two seconds later I was writing I'm sorry in chat, I didn't really mean to attack my guild master <3
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

You just go to the area near the resource and it will say "X to write report" and you scribble it down and bam. Really just got to the place it says and thats it.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was standing in the middle of my Sorc mine field capturing a flag in IC. A NB in stealth jumped on me from behind. He set off all my mines and died.
  • Vuylstekeara
    Vuylstekeara
    ✭✭✭✭
    "What colour was I again?"

...after walking straight up to the wrong keep for fast-travel.
    "The paper is balanced, but nerf the rock!"
    - The scissors