The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Update 29 - Bug Reports for Champion Point System

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into involving the updated Champion Point System in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 28, 2021 1:19AM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • fxeconomisteb17_ESO
    I put 50 points in Juggernaut, activated it on the bar and it still says 0%.
    "Is it true her wounds healed on their own ? Yes" No s***, at 75% health regen penalty!

I was a vampire like you, but then I took an idea to the head...
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put 50 points in Juggernaut, activated it on the bar and it still says 0%.

i had to add everything then back out and back in to tree for % to show up
  • Velocious_Curse
    Velocious_Curse
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know if it's just me, but on my advanced character sheet, its showing 0 flat values crit damage and 0% crit damage and I should have around 42% at least.

Tried back out and in and all that. Nothing
    2100cp- Xbox
    MagSorc x2(1 Grand Overlord)
    Magplar x2(1 Grand Overlord)
    MagDK x2 (2 Grand Overlords)
    Magblade (Grand Overloard)
    MagDen x2
    Stamplar x2
    Stamblade x2
    StamDK
    Necro x2
    Arc
    170cp-PC
    MagSorc
    Stamplar
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 points into Preparation in the Warfare Tree says "Reduces your damage taken from non-player attacks by 3% per stage" and 5 stages should be 15% but the current bonus claims 10%

suhdimjwimgj.png
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Tsukiino
    Tsukiino
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a reason why the PTS CP system is still using the old CP formula?

I thought CP gains were supposed to be faster. (I assumed that the formula would be different, but it's not)
    (((x / (cap ^ 0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000) if x ≤ cap
    (((x / (cap ^ 0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000 * 1.5) if x > cap

I am CP 1233.

On Live, it requires 995,434 XP for my next point.

On PTS, it requires 995,434 XP for my next point.

Shouldn't this be a lower value? If the cap is 3,600 - The new value should be 265,088.4997 XP.
    Assuming the formula is: (((1233 / (3600 ^ 0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000) * 1.5

Or if there is no 1.5 multiplier at the end, it would be: 176,725.6665 XP
    Assuming the formula is: (((1233 / (3600 ^ 0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000)
  • Darktrox
    Darktrox
    ✭✭✭
    qxh0tsx78xwd.png
    I don't think the cp stars are working correctly, I'm adding and removing a cp star that increases critical damage and I have the exact same critical damage.
    so I think this week of pts is just a rough hence of what's coming. if everythig works correctly and dps is hugelky increased then it will be all good
    because I specifically recall the devs mentioning they wanted to remove the CP requirements for people to do endgame stuff, and this is doiong the opposite lol
    For example the flanking critical damage seems to not work correctly unless I don't know what's up with the formula.
  • Darktrox
    Darktrox
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm: CP stars related to crit damage are simply not working at all. Mundus stone shadow does work tho.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsukiino wrote: »

I thought CP gains were supposed to be faster. (I assumed that the formula would be different, but it's not)

I am CP 1233.

Shouldn't this be a lower value? If the cap is 3,600 - The new value should be 265,088.4997 XP.

I noticed the same thing.

At 1417 CP, I have the same XP requirement on the PTS that I do on live (1.1 million)

Also, it may be just me being blind, but I have not figured out how to add a star to the top bar at all yet. I tried clicking, right-clicking, dragging, nothing seems to work.
    The Moot Councillor
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Also, it may be just me being blind, but I have not figured out how to add a star to the top bar at all yet. I tried clicking, right-clicking, dragging, nothing seems to work.

I just dragged and dropped... but not all stars can go on the bar and you have to look at them for txt to see if it does.
    Would be nice if the ones you slot gave off a different color glow or something so you could know at a glance.
    MinnesotaKid

• This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    m8hkilr7xuim.png
    is that star must works for all profession, not only woodwork or its uncorrect description? Because i dont see any other craft professions stars.
    Edited by This_0ne on January 28, 2021 2:55PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slotting Meticulous Disassembly appears as if it might prevent ANY chance of getting tempers from blacksmithing, clothing, or jewelrycrafting.

I've only tested with stacks of about 3k mats in each profession, once with slotting the node and another set after. Getting zero tempers from refining 3k of one type of mat I would put down to bad RNG (it's happened to me on live) -- getting zero tempers from refining 9k+ of mats across three professions is starting to raise some flags, especially when I just had to remove the node and try again to start seeing tempers in expected numbers again.

I don't know what's going on with this node, since it's nonsensical as written, but please correct the text so we know what it's meant to do and then check to ensure it's not overriding crafting passives that we've invested skill points in (here the Extraction passives for other professions).
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am CP 1233.

At 1417 CP, I have the same XP requirement on the PTS that I do on live (1.1 million)

They said that the curve will be adjusted so only low cp players can reach 1200cp faster but after that it's like currently. So you will need 1.1 mil and up from there on.

And about the stars. Yellow stars are passives and cant be slotted. Coloured stars need to be slotted to get the bonus. Blue tree has slightly bluish stars, green greenish. Just drag them to right color slots. They dont go if you try to drag let's say red star to green slot.
  • ml582
    ml582
    Soul Shriven
    Juggernaut hidden by default chat box position even when shrunk. Although the chat box can probably be moved, intuitively new players may not know to do this.

You can get to it if you hover over the top line of the chat box and sit there for a few seconds.

49fwagon4r3r.png
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Shield Master" CP node does not work with Templar's Sun Shield & Morphs. It's supposed to reduce the cost of shields by x%, but it does work for Bone Shield and Sorcerer's Conjured Ward & Morphs, as an example.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Tsukiino
    Tsukiino
    ✭✭✭
    bmap5flw7tp7.png

This currently works, but it also broken.

1. When you have this star equipped, but don't have any points in the extraction passives for a crafting skill line, you'll be able to get blue upgrade materials. I was only able to test this with jewelrycrafting, because PTS boxes don't have anything for RAW clothing, blacksmithing, and woodworking materials. With this passive equipped, I was able to get jewelrycrafting material + pulverized antimony, cobalt, & zinc. The extra loot I got was obtaining Iridium Grains. I suspect this will be the same for the the other 3, in which you'll get Embroidery, Dwarven Oil, and Turpen.

2. When you have this star equipped AND also have 3 points into the extraction passive, you CANNOT get any upgrade material. I tested this with 3/3 extraction in jewelrycrafting & refined 5,000 dust. YOU DO NOT GET ANY GRAINS. All you get is the material + pulverized antimony, cobalt, and zinc.

However! If you put 1/3 into the extraction passive, you can get upgrade materials! If you put 2/3 into the extraction passive, you can also get upgrade material. As soon as you put the 3rd one in for 3/3, you cannot get upgrade materials for some reason. Since I cannot test this with clothing, blacksmithing and woodworking, I am assuming this is also the case.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »

I am CP 1233.

They said that the curve will be adjusted so only low cp players can reach 1200cp faster but after that it's like currently. So you will need 1.1 mil and up from there on.

And about the stars. Yellow stars are passives and cant be slotted. Coloured stars need to be slotted to get the bonus. Blue tree has slightly bluish stars, green greenish. Just drag them to right color slots. They dont go if you try to drag let's say red star to green slot.
    However the formula for cp level is not changed at all including the 1.5x cost increase at cp 810.

the 1.5x is supposed to be an penalty if above cap so you don't race to far ahead.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bmap5flw7tp7.png

1. When you have this star equipped, but don't have any points in the extraction passives for a crafting skill line, you'll be able to get blue upgrade materials. I was only able to test this with jewelrycrafting, because PTS boxes don't have anything for RAW clothing, blacksmithing, and woodworking materials. With this passive equipped, I was able to get jewelrycrafting material + pulverized antimony, cobalt, & zinc. The extra loot I got was obtaining Iridium Grains. I suspect this will be the same for the the other 3, in which you'll get Embroidery, Dwarven Oil, and Turpen.

2. When you have this star equipped AND also have 3 points into the extraction passive, you CANNOT get any upgrade material. I tested this with 3/3 extraction in jewelrycrafting & refined 5,000 dust. YOU DO NOT GET ANY GRAINS. All you get is the material + pulverized antimony, cobalt, and zinc.

However! If you put 1/3 into the extraction passive, you can get upgrade materials! If you put 2/3 into the extraction passive, you can also get upgrade material. As soon as you put the 3rd one in for 3/3, you cannot get upgrade materials for some reason. Since I cannot test this with clothing, blacksmithing and woodworking, I am assuming this is also the case.

So it sounds like this node is currently functioning as a replacement for a level of Extraction for all four non-consumable crafts rather than stacking with it.

Unless this is changed to actually benefit those who have 3/3 in the Extraction passives, not just stop hurting them, then this and Inspiration Boost are just going to be a massive CP sink. The alternative is to go up one side or the other to get to Plentiful Harvest or Master Gatherer, which is looking like it might be the better option depending on how this node is addressed.

Either way, they need to label this very clearly as to whether it’s going to have any impact if we already have maxed Extraction passives. I can’t see this node being worthwhile at all if it doesn’t, frankly, since the 4 points to reach 3/3 in all four crafts are much easier to come by than 100 CP.
  • Wamuli
    Wamuli
    ✭✭✭
    Concerning the Crafting Tree, especially fencing, deconstructing and refining and the slottable passives providing the effects.

Crafting
    • Refining doesn´t seem to work anymore. Full crafter with all passives activated and the refining/deconstructing slottable passive from the CP crafting tree active. Result: Only normal materials from refining. Raw jewelry mats only give me platinum ingots and pulverized antimony, cobalt and zinc.
    • Deconstructing results in giving me only ONE of the normal materials (1 platinum ingot e.g.)

Stealing
    • Activated both the TG passive and the slottable green star for raising the price of fenced goods.
    • Result 1: Price of item while looking at it in inventory = +10% TG passive
    • Result 2: Price of item while trying to sell it to a fence = +10% TG passive
    • which means the green star slottable passive doesn´t work.

It does seem like the "new" effects of some slottable CP stars are just copy&paste from skill-passives. Could this result in canceling each other out or like only one (the first to exist) working properly?
    Sapienti sat

PS4 total ingame playtime from release to 11/2018: 85+ days
    PC total ingame playtime since 02/2020: 42+ days
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Kurat wrote: »

I am CP 1233.

However the formula for cp level is not changed at all including the 1.5x cost increase at cp 810.

the 1.5x is supposed to be an penalty if above cap so you don't race to far ahead.

So will that get changed to 3600 since that will be the new cap?
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This_0ne wrote: »
    m8hkilr7xuim.png
    is that star must works for all profession, not only woodwork or its uncorrect description? Because i dont see any other craft professions stars.

Is this in addition to your crafting skill line or did they remove those?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    m8hkilr7xuim.png

They haven’t changed any crafting passives from the skill lines, so Extraction is still there, but that CP node is currently broken when you have maxed the Extraction passives with skill points. Right now it prevents you from getting tempers in blacksmithing, clothing, and jewelrycrafting when you’re at 3/3 in those extraction skills. Woodworking still grants tempers, presumably because they based this on a copy-paste of the woodworking Extraction passive, but I’m not sure if it actually raises refining rates.

I hope they mention how they update this node in future patches, because they changed the tooltip last week to include all four crafts that use refining (it now says Blacksmithing, Clothing, Jewelrycrafting, and Woodworking), but they don’t seem to have touched the functionality and didn’t list that tooltip change in the patch notes. It will be something to keep an eye on over these next four weeks.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am CP 1233.

My hunch is that your last formula is what the intention will be when this goes live. Cap at 3600 and no (1.5x) penalty until reaching 3600.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    m8hkilr7xuim.png

They haven’t changed any crafting passives from the skill lines, so Extraction is still there, but that CP node is currently broken when you have maxed the Extraction passives with skill points. Right now it prevents you from getting tempers in blacksmithing, clothing, and jewelrycrafting when you’re at 3/3 in those extraction skills. Woodworking still grants tempers, presumably because they based this on a copy-paste of the woodworking Extraction passive, but I’m not sure if it actually raises refining rates.

I hope they mention how they update this node in future patches, because they changed the tooltip last week to include all four crafts that use refining (it now says Blacksmithing, Clothing, Jewelrycrafting, and Woodworking), but they don’t seem to have touched the functionality and didn’t list that tooltip change in the patch notes. It will be something to keep an eye on over these next four weeks.

Oh okay that is good news. Surely they will have it worked out before launch.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

I am CP 1233.

My hunch is that your last formula is what the intention will be when this goes live. Cap at 3600 and no (1.5x) penalty until reaching 3600.

Unfortunately they have said CP gain past 1200 will feel the same as on live, which suggests the current penalty will remain. We’ll have to wait until they actually implement the promised XP requirement changes on the PTS, but it seems they’re considering 1200 as the upcoming soft cap, even though the investment cap will be 3600. That also fits with the narrative they’re pushing in interviews and in their preview commentary about 1200 being the “power cap” (vel sim.), even though it’s nowhere near the statistical vertical maximum.

(There were also a few players on the forums saying it’s impossible to level an account past 1200 on PS right now, but I can’t verify that since I’m on PC. If true, that may have played a role in where they pegged their soft cap and their power narrative.)

I could foresee them raising this soft cap every so often like they used to do with the hard (investment) cap before they froze the system. It would not make sense to keep that soft cap forever, especially not after a substantial amount of players get there.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    War Mount is broken. I put 120 points into it and slotted it on my CP bar, but sprinting on my mount still drains mount stamina outside of combat.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have the critical cp stars been fixed? When I slot the one that gives 10% crit chance, the value on my character sheet does not budge.

Is it just a visual issue, or is it still not working at all?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of 6.3.2, Meticulous Disassembly is still not working (I think.) I was testing jewelry refinement (with a maxed extraction passive), and while slotted, Meticulous Disassembly blocks extracting plating dusts during refinement. (I tested roughly 12k dust no plating fragments.) Then removed the passive, refined 2k more dust, and immediately received 10 chromium plating (which roughly in line with where it would be on live.) (I didn't bother to remember the lower tier upgrade mats, but they were also in line with what they should be.)

So, right now, Meticulous Disassembly is doing some really messy things to extraction.
  • FineFeathered
    FineFeathered
    ✭✭✭
    bmap5flw7tp7.png

This has been my experience exactly, though I have carried 3 points into extraction in every craft. Therefore, I get absolutely nothing except the base mat when I refine. And not many of them.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing Sweeps is not registering as a damage over time ability for the Thalmaturge CP. As this is CP 2.0, it seems archaic for Jabs to still be considered non-damage over time while Flurry still benefits from both Thalmaturge AND Biting Aura.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing Sweeps is not registering as a damage over time ability for the Thalmaturge CP. As this is CP 2.0, it seems archaic for Jabs to still be considered non-damage over time while Flurry still benefits from both Thalmaturge AND Biting Aura.

That’s a problem with Flurry more so than Jabs — of all spammables currently in meta rotations, only Flurry can benefit from both Thaumaturge and one of Biting Aura or Deadly Aim. All other spammables benefit from one of the last two but not Thaumaturge as well.

Flurry ought to be removed from the DoT category. In other thread it was mentioned that it doesn’t proc Azureblight, which would likewise suggest the skill needs to be reviewed.
    preevious wrote: »
    Have the critical cp stars been fixed? When I slot the one that gives 10% crit chance, the value on my character sheet does not budge.

Is it just a visual issue, or is it still not working at all?

I can confirm that Fighting Finesse works for crit damage. I didn’t test Backstabber.

The Advanced Stats page is bugged, as it doesn’t reflect any additional crit damage from any source: the Shadow mundus, Fighting Finesse, or a class passive like Piercing Spear. I’m not sure if it’s meant to show Backstabber — although I think it would be great if it listed all sources, including the conditional ones, in the tooltip.