The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Simple beginner Magblade build? (to get through event)

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi all,

Now I myself use usual caluurion, masters inferno etc but my sister newly started the game (no dlc except Morrowind) and she does not have many cps or gear (so we will play no-cp)

But mayhem is coming and I want to buy/craft her something decent to at least get through the event achievements and to make pvp a bit likeable for her :)

What easy to access sets you would suggest for this purpose?

I am not sure what sets to get, especially in this procc meta

I was thinking War maiden, crafty alfiq or spinners, you think these will be okay? Not sure about Spinners though heard people stopped using it.

Cheers

Thanks in advance o:)
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    **Edit -- just realized this was about no-CP lol. I don't know much of anything about that except that it's a post-apocalyptic proc-laden wasteland. Maybe throw on heavy armor instead and push more recovery? Idk. Leaving this post anyway just in case there's some useful information.

If you just want something safe and functional for MYM then any of the sets you said would be just fine. Crafty Alfiq and Spinners are usually pretty cheap too. You could even just try crafty alfiq + necropotence too, if she's good at keeping a shade up.

Does she have a monster set? If not I'd almost suggest instead throwing on a crafted set of some sort, even something bland but reliable like Shacklebreaker, that way you can craft a heavy chest and legs or head, since crafty/spinners/war maiden are all light armor sets. Then just get a couple pieces of willpower to get a decent enough two-piece bonus in lieu of the monster set. Using a crafted set would probably also help with traits, since finding everything in a trait you want sometimes isn't possible, and I'm guessing she won't have a huge stockpile of transmutes available.

You'll probably want to help her with a build too. I wouldn't do anything fancy, just a base functional build that she can tweak and change as she gets more experienced in PvP. Keep everything impen. Probably will want higher recoveries. Will likely want to have swallow soul, fear, merciless resolve, siphoning strikes, cloak, shade, at least 1 resto heal, and soul harvest (or meteor) as her base abilities so that she has the minimum tools to damage, CC, burst, heal, and disengage.

Also, when she dies for the millionth time, reassure her that this is just 'part of the process' and the fiery spiritual rebirth we all endured at one point when we first ventured into PvP as younglings. Joining a group will probably help too, now that cross-heals are just a fever dream.
    Edited by JayKwellen on January 27, 2021 8:04AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro or bright-throat, then add another dmg set on top of that.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »
    **Edit -- just realized this was about no-CP lol. I don't know much of anything about that except that it's a post-apocalyptic proc-laden wasteland. Maybe throw on heavy armor instead and push more recovery? Idk. Leaving this post anyway just in case there's some useful information.

If you just want something safe and functional for MYM then any of the sets you said would be just fine. Crafty Alfiq and Spinners are usually pretty cheap too. You could even just try crafty alfiq + necropotence too, if she's good at keeping a shade up.

Does she have a monster set? If not I'd almost suggest instead throwing on a crafted set of some sort, even something bland but reliable like Shacklebreaker, that way you can craft a heavy chest and legs or head, since crafty/spinners/war maiden are all light armor sets. Then just get a couple pieces of willpower to get a decent enough two-piece bonus in lieu of the monster set. Using a crafted set would probably also help with traits, since finding everything in a trait you want sometimes isn't possible, and I'm guessing she won't have a huge stockpile of transmutes available.

You'll probably want to help her with a build too. I wouldn't do anything fancy, just a base functional build that she can tweak and change as she gets more experienced in PvP. Keep everything impen. Probably will want higher recoveries. Will likely want to have swallow soul, fear, merciless resolve, siphoning strikes, cloak, shade, at least 1 resto heal, and soul harvest (or meteor) as her base abilities so that she has the minimum tools to damage, CC, burst, heal, and disengage.

Also, when she dies for the millionth time, reassure her that this is just 'part of the process' and the fiery spiritual rebirth we all endured at one point when we first ventured into PvP as younglings. Joining a group will probably help too, now that cross-heals are just a fever dream.

On PC/EU no cp is very crowded but you are very right about that proccland comment, it is quite dangerous for a light armour mag specc when 6 of them procc on you :D

Yes, exactly why we didn't want to farm big stuff since she might not like it at all

Crafty and maiden sounds good to me

Also that is very kind of you to remind about the psychological part of it too, thank you :)