Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CRAFTING/WARFARE/FITNESS Constellations

Asdara
Asdara
✭✭✭✭✭
Wait, they deleted the whole thirteen CANON constellations that are inherent part of almost every TES game for a Fitness constellations????
How are these new constellatiosn Canon in any way lorewise?
Since redguard this constellation has always been the same visual, and now this? Wtf
Can someone explain?
a08bdvwuibh3.png
5me8de1kcyze.png
Edited by Asdara on January 27, 2021 4:20PM
Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
2: Spellcrafting.
3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
4: Summon weapon.
5: Change the Housing item limit.
6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a really, really fancy "cinematic" version of the drawings? I guess its supposed to be: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Celestial

I dunno about the names, though.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 27, 2021 12:36AM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was literally my only concern but overall I think it looks very interesting to try, I think there are other constellations behind the start ones so maybe they will be part of the whole or something. Even if they are not I'd just in my head imagine that those original constellations make up these larger ones. I think it looks a fun system.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I'm not surprised as you just have to look at how they treated vampires, Bosmer, Cyrodiil, and other things to know how they handle lore.

That being said these are just very highly detailed constellations and ZOS will expand the system with more constellations as time goes on. So it'll branch further from the thief and the warrior.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys throw around lore but should really read into it more. The new system clearly depicts the Celestial Warrior, Thief, and Mage, which represent three guardian signs of the Constellations. With this system, ZOS didn't make the other 10 non-canon, its just a simplification of the system.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Celestial

Edited by Aliyavana on January 27, 2021 9:35AM
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this post is a meme. I really do.
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    You guys throw around lore but should really read into it more. The new system clearly depicts the Celestial Warrior, Thief, and Mage, which represent three guardian signs of the Constellations. With this system, ZOS didn't make the other 10 non-canon, its just a simplification of the system.

OF COURSE, they represent the craglorn Celestial Mage/Warrior/Thief.
    The problem isn't with what they represent, it's with the constellations themselves.
    "A constellation is a name given to a group of stars in the sky that make up a certain pattern."
    Let's take the Celestial mage for example:
    In Arena
    0kp65hiqvdxv.png
    In Morrowind
    1ods2a6oks6u.png
    In Oblivion
    ioe9fkcci1jd.png
    In Eso before
    nq3z4h4dzy8m.png

ALWAYS THE SAME PATTERN
    So if you change THIS PATTERN for anything else, It's NOT the mage constellation anymore.

The new pattern doesn't match anything seen before, its pure randomness, just throwing stars around to match the artwork.
    8fkfq24wqdoe.png

If I'm not clear enough let me take a real life example: Ursa Major
    jzov06df583l.png
    Now like the ESO team did, i take an artwork/drawing, and match stars on this
    t1apizvwt4ch.png
    Is it still the Constellation of URSA MAJOR?? NO NO NO NO
    This doesn't exist, and neither the mage "Warframe" constellations.

Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new constellations look really cool, the previous ones look aged. Just no cringey names pls.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because it is designed for gameplay, as they add more stars to it the shape will be more different.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asdara wrote: »

The problem isn't with what they represent, it's with the constellations themselves.
    "A constellation is a name given to a group of stars in the sky that make up a certain pattern."
    In Arena
    0kp65hiqvdxv.png
    In Morrowind
    1ods2a6oks6u.png
    In Oblivion
    ioe9fkcci1jd.png
    In Eso before
    nq3z4h4dzy8m.png

ALWAYS THE SAME PATTERN
    So if you change THIS PATTERN for anything else, It's NOT the mage constellation anymore.

The new pattern doesn't match anything seen before, its pure randomness, just throwing stars around to match the artwork.
    8fkfq24wqdoe.png

jzov06df583l.png
    t1apizvwt4ch.png

I know you're upset, but as a lore nerd why were you not angry with the old constellations? Because every single one had the same number of stars, and every single one was just thrown around to look sorta correct.
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

In Arena
    0kp65hiqvdxv.png
    In Morrowind
    1ods2a6oks6u.png
    In Oblivion
    ioe9fkcci1jd.png
    In Eso before
    nq3z4h4dzy8m.png

ALWAYS THE SAME PATTERN

8fkfq24wqdoe.png

jzov06df583l.png
    t1apizvwt4ch.png

I know you're upset, but as a lore nerd why were you not angry with the old constellations? Because every single one had the same number of stars, and every single one was just thrown around to look sorta correct.

I WAS ANGRY, but now its beyond anything xD at least before they had some lore background even from a visual standpoint.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

In Arena
    0kp65hiqvdxv.png
    In Morrowind
    1ods2a6oks6u.png
    In Oblivion
    ioe9fkcci1jd.png
    In Eso before
    nq3z4h4dzy8m.png

ALWAYS THE SAME PATTERN

8fkfq24wqdoe.png

jzov06df583l.png
    t1apizvwt4ch.png

I WAS ANGRY, but now its beyond anything xD at least before they had some lore background even from a visual standpoint.

Well think of it this way then. It's like the Skyrim skill tree system. It's just a cool interface and not related at all to the constellations themselves.
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vevvev You're probably right, im just going to take a deep breath and deal with it! Not much i can do anyway :neutral:
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that I think its pretty important to keep some perspective and a breath of fresh air, its also important to be able to discuss this stuff. Lorebeards have been blatantly wrong about some of the things they've latched onto, that's true. But that's equally true of the meta-focussed community. Passionate discussion is indicative of a thriving game, but every time something scrutinising the lore comes up you get people jumping onto the forum to fling crap and disparage those expressing it. Trying to ridicule or browbeat those engaging in it just silences all opposition until the only community with a voice to drive development direction is the already overly-influential, purely-mechanics driven meta community.