Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Skill Efficiency] Did you ever found a use for Bound Aegis active ability?

divnyi
divnyi
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, we all know that this skill is very good for dps magsorcs because of passive. Passive is awesome, no questions. But let's talk about active part of the ability.

I've tried to build a tank that would somehow abuse this part specifically. Sure, bonus is good, and allows to max out block mitigation (80%*50%=90%) with immovable.
I seriously tried to make it viable, but I failed. Now, I don't see any use case where it would be better then just using HP-based heal instead.

In PvE, if you just block an attack with 35k+ HP, most likely you can survive the damage. Are there any oneshots that can be evaded with this skill specifically?

In PvP, it allows to reduce incoming damage very significantly... but not dots. Not procs. Not ultis. So basically all the dangerous things in this meta will still do damage you'd rather negated by healing with HP-based heal again (which is just more effective, since you can't block proc sets anyway).

Uptime is 3s but insane mana use. I mean, it won't be broken even at 10s. Or if mana cost would be cut by 3.

But I want to hear people out. Maybe someone has success story of using this skill?

[Skill Efficiency] Did you ever found a use for Bound Aegis active ability? 31 votes

I effectively used *active* part of Bound Aegis in PvE
51%
AnkaridanmobiceraJinMoriccfeelingpelle412JaimehWrathOfInnoskarekizcolossalvoidszvaviUntilValhalla13YandereGirlfriendCageKnightZodiarkslayerDonGodJoeKrevad 16 votes
I effectively used *active* part of Bound Aegis in PvP
3%
SgtNuttzmeg 1 vote
I didn't find effective uses for this ability
45%
DracaneolsborgAcadianPaladinJierdanitMashmalloManESO_NightingaleGreek_HellspawnichsuismeWelkynarAzoreanRyuvainStarlight_WhisperFadeddivnyi 14 votes
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't spread misinformation though, it doesn't give you max block mitigation. You need a bit more, like s/b passives (35% immovable, 40% aegis, 20% s/b, is 5% above cap, with only immovable and aegis u get only to 75%)

And yes, it lets you tank enrage giant in vIR, I still prefer just dodging though.
    Edited by zvavi on January 26, 2021 5:29PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve used it to survive a Nocturnal’s Favor when the tank lost taunt in vCR. I still think it’s useless 99% of the time though.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    35% immovable, 40% aegis, 20% s/b, is 5% above cap
    Cap is 80%.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use it tanking in VCR, and a couple other places.

As a DPS your meant to use it as a passive, though there really isn't reason you can't quick mitigate a HA if your stamina is too low etc.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only used extremely rarely from a super telegraphed boss heavy. Shields do the job better without needing to block. The duration also sucks.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh wait, bound aegis, not armaments. My bad.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always use it when I play with my sor tank, it's not just for single heavy attacks, you can keep casting it when you have to perma block a big wave of incoming damage in some fights, for eg.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither as a pve tank nor in pvp, did I find use for it. It does not synergize with Magsorc, which it was designed for. As a Magsorc, I use shields as defense and blocking does not mitigate any damage while a shield is active.

I would like if they gave bound armor a passive-active akin that one CP passive where when you activate block, you gain a damage shield for a few seconds on a cooldown. That would make it more useful and more logical in my opinion.

Optionally, activating it could just grant an active damage shield. Would make for an interesting alternative to annulment.
    If Zenimax insists on its current ability, then the duration needs a significant increase. I envy the stamina morph for how much cooler it is.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've used it on zmaja's heavy attack when tanking in vcr, as well as the various dragons' fire breath in vss. It makes it so you don't have to dodge roll the last portion of the breath.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a MagSorc for PvE SOLO. It is a heavy attack build with Noble Duelist frontbar. So I need to be close.

So when I do a Veteran Dungeon Solo, all the heavy Boss AoEs are blockable and rarely do more damage than a Regular Boss light attack. It needs timing, though. And I have to decide if dodge rolling out of the AoE zone is not a better option.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duration too short.
  • Krevad
    Krevad
    ✭✭
    You're not meant to have it up 100% of the time. It's the largest form of mitigation you can have from a single source atm and 3 seconds is plenty of a window to catch a heavy with.