The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO ‘An Unexpected Internal Error Has Occurred’

Metalfyre
Metalfyre
✭✭✭
Yesterday, everything was fine. This morning I tried logging in to the EU server (using Steam) and I got this error message.
Tried logging into US server, that seems to go fine.
Anyone else encountering this problem?
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on January 26, 2021 1:12PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Metalfyre wrote: »
    Yesterday, everything was fine. This morning I tried logging in to the EU server (using Steam) and I got this error message.
    Tried logging into US server, that seems to go fine.
    Anyone else encountering this problem?

Relaunch your game and see if that works if that error happens that means you need to relaunch the game after closing it all together and then see if it fixes the problem.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 26, 2021 7:06AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Metalfyre
    Metalfyre
    ✭✭✭
    I tried various times relogging. The problem persists on the EU side
  • Harti4ever
    Harti4ever
    ✭✭
    I tried 15-20 times to login over steam, finally it worked. Just close the game client and press "Start" again on the launcher
  • Metalfyre
    Metalfyre
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, I should not have to do that 15-20 times, as that's not the case with the US server either. I have no problem logging into the US server immediately. Only EU server gives me this error, while yesterday everything was fine. I tried disabling all addons (by removing them from addon folder). I ran a diagnostic of the game (which seems fine!). I tried rebooting my system (I'm on Linux, but that hasn't been an issue in the last 2 years, and is no issue now or I would not be able to log into the US server nor would I have been able to play yesterday and all the day and weeks before that).
    Server maintenance has not yet begun yet so I thought to have a quick hour in before it starts and then I have this problem somehow
  • Metalfyre
    Metalfyre
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and now it seems resolved, I could log in now. Thing is, I have to start work soon, so no point anymore to go and play now, but at least it seems okj now. Really weird.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't login with my main pc but I can login with old one...
    Why nothing makes sense when it comes to ESO?..
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
    I restarted my main pc. I logout from my old pc to try loggining back with main pc.
    It did not work so I said "Well... What do you gonna do?" and returned to my old pc.
    Now I can't login on my old pc either.

I just despise this company.
    I have never experienced such absurdity with any game in my life.
  • Renegader
    Renegader
    ✭✭✭
    i can log on NA but not EU. @ZOS_SarahHecker what is this? why doesnt anything make sense about ESO errors? better fix this before the event
  • DanaeldeWitz
    DanaeldeWitz
    ✭✭
    I can't login too (PC - EU server - not steam).
    Error 201(7:4:184:500)
  • Majkiy
    Majkiy
    ✭✭✭
    I can't log in as well. Non-steam client.

• MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. Internal error. PC EU steam
    Cya probably post maintenance
  • dagron110
    dagron110
    Soul Shriven
    PC EU steam , can't get in , and when i was in getting disconnects most times i try and swap alts.
    Edited by dagron110 on January 26, 2021 7:29AM
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope, can't log in, tried several times. i use steam
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Login issues too. Probably too many people at once trying to catch the last rays of eso+ or such before the patch.
    Edited by Sturmfaenger on January 26, 2021 7:32AM
    PC/EU
  • Buffy121
    Buffy121
    ✭✭✭
    I am having this problem too. A Steam login gives me an 'unexpected internal error' and a non Steam login gives me a '201 error'.
  • Harti4ever
    Harti4ever
    ✭✭
    Steam updates are also very slow - several kb only. So I think it is a steam problem - maybe they got a patch rollout for their last buggy game? :disappointed:
  • Buffy121
    Buffy121
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it is a Steam problem. I am able to login to the NA server through Steam but not the EU server. I am also able to bypass Steam to login and that is when I get the '201 error' :(
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    201 error here too @ZOS_BillE
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Flaaklypa If you're on PC the game is currently down for maintenance and won't be up for over an hour is everything goes according to schedule. So yeah, right now getting an error when logging on is normal.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

There were some logging issues as of a few hours ago that should now be resolved.

Please also be aware that the North American and European PC/Mac megaservers are now offline for patch maintenance and are currently unavailable. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post