The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat and set statistics

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
So...as I'm bouncing around a few different monster sets, I figure it's high time I get some actual numbers instead of "feeling" one set is doing more damage then another. Besides AUI's combat stats, is there another way to get real stats on damage and whatnot? Thank you!
  • Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    UESP has a build editor where you can plug all your item in and check changes by changing gear.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?filter=mine

Other than that checking some of the content creators sites to see what they are using alot of them give brief descriptions on why sets are picked.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...I'll have to bite the bullet and spend some time on that Esobuild site...looks kinda daunting at first :)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What you should also consider is the content is a big factor in what set you run. For instance, Zaan is a beast of a set for single-target damage on a mostly stationary target. Maw procs like Zaan, but the Maw follows the target around if they move. Grothdarr has a lower proc chance on paper, but on the right build (i.e. a Mag DK), it will proc almost all the time and is great for crowds and melee range bosses. All three are highly effective with magicka builds but only in the appropriate content.

There are also sets you can build for, like Maarselok. On paper, it looks like a tank set. Its not. Its a very strong stamina DPS set if you use a bash rotation. There are also sets like Stormfist that may not cause the same amount of damage as something like Selene's or Velidreth, but they provide the sustain bonus your build may need.

In reality, a lot of the mainstream DPS damage sets are very close to each other in numbers.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you...and as I've been playing, Valkyn Skoria, Maw, and even Ilambris all kinda give just about the same when I really start to compare. I've been testing on that big WB beast (can't remember the name) on the lower east side of Shadowfen....trying hard to get the rotation and light attacks the same. I did find that Ilambris worked really well as a complement to the fire and shock DoT's I have. But Skoria, with the 4 DoT's I have procs very often, hits hard and all at once...really good for a boss, as was Maw, but not as much instant damage, but far more over time. I'm coming to grips with the fact that I will be using DressingRoom a lot more I think to fit the situation :)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL, I forgot about Valkyn. That's a strong set. Fell a bit out of fashion when they changed the health buff to a penetration buff, but if you run that with a lightning staff, it procs all the time. Its a really nice set in VMA.

I usually carry 3 sets on my mag characters if I can. Mostly because some tanks HATE the Maw so I can swap either to Zaan or Grothdarr
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks El_Borracho for all your help and advice...and patience :)