Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Khajiiti speech as a non-Khajiit?

Athan1
Athan1
✭✭✭✭✭
I love the way the Khajiit talk (e.g. "Please indulge this one for asking..."), and my Imperial main speaks like one through the Khajiit Speak addon. It's great! How can I justify this through a lore-friendly explanation? Grew up in Southern Elsweyr? Khajiit foster parents? Dissociative Identity Disorder? Any ideas welcome.
Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though this is the opposite of what you're asking, Zhasim is a khajiit who speaks like an orc, because he was raised with orcs. I strongly recommend playing through the Bonerock Cavern in Wrothgar (if you have the DLC), as it really ties together themes of ancestry, family history, and belonging in Tamriel.

So the reverse would easily be possible. Why he was raised with Khajiit or in Elsweyr, or otherwise speaks with a Ta'agra accent, is up to you.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    I love the way the Khajiit talk (e.g. "Please indulge this one for asking..."), and my Imperial main speaks like one through the Khajiit Speak addon. It's great! How can I justify this through a lore-friendly explanation? Grew up in Southern Elsweyr? Khajiit foster parents? Dissociative Identity Disorder? Any ideas welcome.

Sheogorath's work, for sure.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this one she has a litter sister, Rosie, who is an orc.

We are travelling folk and if we see a green toothy kitten at the side of the road we do not leave it there no.

You do not need the ears and the tail and the whiskers to be Khajiit. If the moons they smile on you then welcome to the family :)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think one of the khajiit in IC sewers states it's an accent. Don't see why someone else couldn't adopt it, but you would have to be really close to khajiit as even humans and elves born there don't have an accent.

I try not to use it but it can still slip in. Around other khajiit this one will use it freely yes?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one thanks you for your suggestions. He must have spent too much time woth Queen Khamira.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr