Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wait, what happens to research when ZoS force a respec?

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
I'm almost done researchng everything, I have +25 days left at some items. And I did a mistakes way back when I was new to the game, I went to respec and some of the items that where on research got deleted and I had to retart those traits from the beginning.

So when ZoS roll out update 29 and all our points get taken down and need to be placed again. What happens to the items people are researching?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything that was already ticking away, even multiple items, will continue until finished. You won't lose the items. You will lose the time reductions though, but you can reacquire them by putting points back in.

(The time to research technically does not change on the back end - the reductions are calculated from the original length)

Once you get to your last 3 items, you can actually respect the points out and they will still continue until complete.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You only lose them if you cancel the research.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, the stuff you're researching will continue on.
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    You won't lose the items. You will lose the time reductions though, but you can reacquire them by putting points back in.

Ah maybe thats what happened, got my memory mixed up, didn't realise back then that it would go back to the research time I had if I put back the points again.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably. If you have something that has less than 30 days left after the buffs and you put the final point capping it to 30 days, items will instantly complete, too.

Earn it.