The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Plus Poll: Who has it?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I was curious to see in comparison, how many folks have ESO Plus compared to those that don't, plus some other options. Granted I know this won't be a very accurate poll because so many don't go on the forums, but I am curious regardless.
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?

ESO Plus Poll: Who has it? 233 votes

I have ESO+ constantly.
67%
laurajfKikazaruGalenAstroCatBelegnolecalitrumanb14_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOAnimal_MotherDarcyMardinNskDenwenchmore420b14_ESOzdavis14b14_ESODracaneCyberOnEsoRazielSRHansKwheresbeszariaVorpanTheHugeDwarf 158 votes
I used to but recently stopped.
11%
vailjohn_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOGigasaxTryxusDarkstorneSahidomGhnamiMayraelZer0_CooLFischblutRatzkifalhalldorrSjuNord_RasericolossalvoidsReaper_00ExistingRug61TagSaikuVanathilnukk3r 27 votes
I occasionally get it for a month but most of the time go without.
6%
DanikatEdaphonMettaricanaKaspyTrinotopsTelvanniWizardBatgirlMKintrphantasmalDtuxonoddbasketShawnLaRockUGotBenched91SylaeFruitBatVampireWithMyLaserGun 16 votes
I never buy it, I just use the free trials.
8%
AustackerNarvuntienvestahlscoop500WoodenHeartMonte_CristoElissnJeirnoworir5BarnicleThoragaalFoxheartedPandaPalaceVeredusMerguezManFoto1emikaelaViewsfrom6ixBobby's_UserID 19 votes
I never buy it and ignore the free trials.
0%
GERMANO-THE-IMPERIALZodiarkslayer 2 votes
I'd love to have it but can't afford it.
0%
rumple9Aendruu 2 votes
Other
3%
UrbanMonkrobertthebardKiralyn2000joergingerrpazvaviWiseSkythe1andonlyskwexTwinLamps 9 votes
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I not only have it constantly, I have it constantly paying 6 months at a time on two accounts.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    I used to smoke and where I live a packet of cigarettes is more expensive than ESO+. I have made a massive net gain in terms of spending 😂
    Sometimes I feel guilty giving zos money when the performance more often than not is abysmal, but I still like the game and can't be bothered with the hassle it would bring to take the moral high ground. I do commend anyone who has made that choice as that is exactly what we should all do.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t see the point in paying for it anymore. Performance is abysmal and they do way too many free trials of ESO plus which is already a very poor gesture to the people who actually pay for ESO plus.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    As an active player, the quality of life difference that is included with ESO+ is too hard for me to say no.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    I don’t see the point in paying for it anymore. Performance is abysmal and they do way too many free trials of ESO plus which is already a very poor gesture to the people who actually pay for ESO plus.

How many do they do these days? I remember when it was like, maybe once a year?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    I used to smoke and where I live a packet of cigarettes is more expensive than ESO+. I have made a massive net gain in terms of spending 😂
    Sometimes I feel guilty giving zos money when the performance more often than not is abysmal, but I still like the game and can't be bothered with the hassle it would bring to take the moral high ground. I do commend anyone who has made that choice as that is exactly what we should all do.

You’ve stopped smoking which I don’t have to tell you is huge for both your health and your wallet! THAT is commendable! No reason to make a moral issue of whether or not you enjoy extras in a game! Don’t feel guilty for that — if you enjoy it and can afford it, buy, if it’s not worth it to you, then don’t — same as whether or not you spend your time, which I dare say amounts to far more value than the price of ESO+.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 24, 2021 4:42PM
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found no issues in performance, so I pay the ESO+ for the wife and I. We even keep it going when we don't log on for a few weeks.

We of course play duo up through the stories for whatever alliance we are, but we also Duo all the dungeons in the base game. Never a hard mode, but we did the Mirkmire ones as well. We flounder around in BGs maybe once a week.

What boggles me is From what people are saying I should be seeing the horrid performance in Dungeons and BGs right? As soon as I do these group activities I should be seeing all these DCs....

I know it's the wrong thread for this but this is where the moment struck me....cuz of all the mention of bad performance.....
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to but recently stopped.
    Ran out a couple days ago. Usually subscribe by the year. Not sure if I am again, we'll see soon maybe.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    But that could change soon
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    I usually get 3 months, rage cancel it when ZOS breaks something, but by the time my sub runs out I'm usually satisfied by the state of the game enough to sub again.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    I always have it when I play actively.
    Crafting bag, bank space and DLC access is a must.

And I get the same amount of crowns as if I would just buy them for the same price. Eso+ is the fairest and best MMO sub out there.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play enough for the monthly price to be worth it. I also feel like I need to play more if I do sub to get my money's worth which will affect my family time.
  • Jeirno
    Jeirno
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 years of playing and never felt the need for it. Craft bag? sure its nice but like, just don't collect useless mats and you are fine, don't need 10 stacks of each trait stone, don't need cp30 craft mats if I'm CP 1235, don't really do any provisioning or Enchanting since just buying the food from guild stores is not a huge loss at all. free eso+ clears my bank of mats always and I do have 200 slots of space naturally which more than enough to keep all important mats and have still loads of space for gear and stuff. Home storage is where I store most of my sets and my 10 Chars have their gear on them. all healer stuff on healer and tank stuff on tank and DD stuff split between whatever DD I feel like playing. DLC? I just bought every single DLC with in game gold since there's nothing else to really spend them on. and Chapters we all have to buy with real money anyways at launch so no loss there either.

All it takes to survive without is a little bit knowledge of what is trash and not worth keeping and some little 5min of sorting out inventories and banks after a long day of gaming :)
  • Jeirno
    Jeirno
    ✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Vlad9425 wrote: »

How many do they do these days? I remember when it was like, maybe once a year?

Now its like every 3-4 months I'm pretty sure, at least feels like it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I not only have it constantly, I have it constantly paying 6 months at a time on two accounts.

My situation exactly.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    I have it constantly but I do cancel it when the money begins to get tight. Since I do the year long subscription its still active for a while till things begin to normalize and I'll renew it when I feel like it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.

You’ve stopped smoking which I don’t have to tell you is huge for both you health and your wallet! THAT is commendable! No reason to make a moral issue of whether or not you enjoy extras in a game! Don’t feel guilty for that — if you enjoy it and can afford it, buy, if it’s not worth it to you, then don’t — same as whether or not you spend your time, which I dare say amounts to far more value than the price of ESO+.

Thanks man, I haven't smoked for 2 years which is great after smoking for 20 😬
    I only feel guilty as it perpetuates this cycle in gaming where maximum profits are achieved by minimal spend. I don't think until their margins are truly effected will they do anything/enough to make a functioning game. I feel bad for being standing in the way of this tbh. I do appreciate your reassurance though 👍
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I occasionally get it for a month but most of the time go without.
    Not enough content going on to need it 24/7 only need it til i get new boss sets or blow through a dlc zone or 2 then cancel.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    My ESO+ just renewed for another year.
    I collect a lot of mats to sell in my trade guilds, so I need the craft bag.
    Will keep on subbing until the game is no longer.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I have ESO+ at the moment. Like for any MMO, I cancel sub immediately after taking it and if I sub again I do it only after my previous sub ends.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I have it on one account
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    As with most other b2p/f2p games with sub options, I got ~3 months or so when I started playing the game, when I knew I would be binging a lot on a Brand New Shiny Game™. I haven't had Plus since, as I'm not playing 24/7 anymore. The free trials are enough of a chance for me to shove stockpiled materials into my craft bag & decorate houses further.

(I go in and out of b2p/f2p games as events happen or interest wanes. Like, an event or patch will happen to drag me back in, I'll play for awhile after that - doing dailies/writs/etc, and then I'll get distracted by another game and leave til something pulls me back. )
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Non of the options are what I am. Used to sub but stopped because of performance.

So had it consistently. Now free trials only.
    Edited by zvavi on January 24, 2021 4:53PM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Non of the options are what I am. Used to sub but stopped because of performance.

Option two?
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I usually sub for 3 months, then take a break to play other games for a few months. Then, when I come back I play I unsubbed for a month or two before my inventory fills up with crafting materials and I need to re-sub. I don't think I would ever sub if there were a way to permanently buy the craft bag.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    coop500 wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »

Option two?

It is not true. Because it is "never buy it", while in reality I did, and will buy it, when the performance will be deemed good enough.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    Like it! It's lots of fun for a month, for the equivalent of a couple of beers at the bar ;)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    I only play one game at a time and generally stay there for years. And I spend plenty of time playing. As long as I enjoy ESO, getting the sub is an easy call.

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have ESO+ constantly.
    Daily crafting writs and housing...need I say more?

Lol
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have it when I'm playing seriously. I take long breaks between major content drops. No point in subbing then.

I'm not really an MMO guy so it can feel like paying $15 to repeat the same stuff over and over again, which doesn't feel great.