The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does increasing stamina increase sword/bow weapon damage?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I am having a huge brain fart. Google is not helping. In pain, can't think, and having a brain fart all in one, I am just totally lost like a newbie. I am trying to play a melee build after playing a magika sorc build almost since the beginning. For the life of me, I can't remember if increasing stamina also increases sword/ bow weapon damage. Just like I can't remember if magika increases staff damage.

All I can think is increasing magika increases magika based skills and stamina increases stamina based skills. I am trying to do just weapon damage and for the life of me, I don't know what I am trying to do is working. I respected all magika to stamina and I don't see or I am just consfusing myself that it's not increasing weapon damage. So maybe I should have just stayed all magika since increasing stamina didn't seem to increase weapon damage from swords, bows like I thought it would.

Also does stamina increase armour while we are at it. :)

All I am seeing is builds that do the meta on Google and it's not helping me at all since most people when doing these videos/articles don't explain exactly why doing something actually works.
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max stamina does boost damage where every 10 stamina is -roughly- equal to 1 weapon damage. Same is true for max magicka where every 10 is equal to 1 spell damage.

Edit: When you hover your mouse over the values it also tells you what they effect. So when in doubt the in-game tooltips are a good source of information. Same with the help panel which is accessed by default with F1 on PC.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 23, 2021 10:27PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vevvev is correct. As for the other part of your question, stamina does not increase armor.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This tool has been helpful to me.
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

GL
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it does. Currently however when you factor in opportunity costs and buffs, it makes more sense to stack weapon/spell damage over max stam/mag on pretty much everything if PvE dps is your goal. PvP you want a more rounded build so you have the raw resource pool to power through some bad situations.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone who responded. I greatly appreciate it. For some reason it just seems when I respect to all stamina, my damage is not as good as it was with magika weapons. I think to keep my sanity I made a new character that will use stamina weapons from the begining so I am use to it.
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Edit: When you hover your mouse over the values it also tells you what they effect. So when in doubt the in-game tooltips are a good source of information. Same with the help panel which is accessed by default with F1 on PC.

I was on Xbox, but when I am on PC, I use a controller so wouldn't be able to hover over anything. I will do what you suggested and I can see what I am missing. Thank you.
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    This tool has been helpful to me.
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

GL

Thank you for the link. Greatly appreciated.
    Eedat wrote: »
    Yes it does. Currently however when you factor in opportunity costs and buffs, it makes more sense to stack weapon/spell damage over max stam/mag on pretty much everything if PvE dps is your goal. PvP you want a more rounded build so you have the raw resource pool to power through some bad situations.

Yes, I only do PvE solo. So stick to one or the other eh? As I said, will respect my old character back to magika, and new character will be strictly staminia.

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you picked a magicka race like high elf or breton. It wont work very well with stamina.

Also you need to change your GEAR if you respec, just respecing some magicka to stam does not make you a stam class.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @OlumoGarbag . I was an Altmer but changed him into a Dunmer. Wanted to play a Dunmer for a while but didn't feel like starting over as I did with my other characters. So now I am a Dunmer Sorcerer.

I didn't really want to be a stam class, just wanted to do more damage with swords. I see now ESO is not built that way.

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing Stamina does not directly increases "weapon damage" or your "armor rating" in terms of those specific stats.

However, as a general rule, skills that cost stamina do scale off both weapon damage AND maximum stamina, so increasing your stamina pool will make you hit harder (stamina skill tooltip values will increase). 10.5pts of stamina is roughly equivalent to 1 pt of weapon damage in terms of tool tips. A bigger stamina pool also means that you can block, dodge roll, and break free more often, so while it doesnt make your armor rating increase, it does increase your survival.

If you are switich from a magic to stamina character, you really need to change your armor (light to medium), Attriubtes and glyphs (magic to stamina), food, and likely a good chunk of your blue CP. Race is optional, but certainly, a some races are better than others for stamina and magic. If you want to be able to do both, Dunmer and Khajiit are the strongest options.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on January 25, 2021 10:04PM
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Thank you @OlumoGarbag . I was an Altmer but changed him into a Dunmer. Wanted to play a Dunmer for a while but didn't feel like starting over as I did with my other characters. So now I am a Dunmer Sorcerer.

I didn't really want to be a stam class, just wanted to do more damage with swords. I see now ESO is not built that way.

Your sword damage always scales with max stats. So if you have alot of max mag and spelldamage the damage you deal with sword, bow, staff, etc increases. But stamina weapons give you stam for light attacks and magicka weapons mag
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling