The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Doing Writs on PC with Addons.... NSFCP

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmJqUAXwSBc

NSFCP= Not Safe For Console Players
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on January 26, 2021 1:49PM
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What can I say?

PC Master Race

Dont blame ZoS for restrictions made by Sony and XBox
    Beta tester November 2013
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »

I like Alinor better, but yeah console.. 90% of my writ is just waiting for a loading screen.
  • gimila4
    gimila4
    ✭✭
    Eh I don’t see how it’s any faster then the update for writs console got last patch
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    WiseSky wrote: »

I like Alinor better, but yeah console.. 90% of my writ is just waiting for a loading screen.

I like this one because of the jump L:D
    Makes it fun
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Writ worthy is awesome, you just queue your writs, open an alchemy station and walk away from your desk to go do something. Then come back after your Netflix show is over, and turn all your writs in.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These addons should not exist. Complete scripting taking the player out of the game.

What blows my mind the most though, is harvest map. Allowing you to only see the nodes that have spawned from 200 yards away.

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep been like this for years, don't ever want it to change with me doing this for 14 characters :D

Can't imagine how the console crowd still do it the way I did it in 2014! haha
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    These addons should not exist. Complete scripting taking the player out of the game.

What blows my mind the most though, is harvest map. Allowing you to only see the nodes that have spawned from 200 yards away.

Speak for yourself, it doesn't take me out of the game. It let's me skip the boring parts of the game and head right into where end game is: Max level, full build, Cryodiil/BG's or Trials if you're into PVE.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's the difference in this vs. a macro?

It's playing the game for you which is what a macro does giving you an advantage.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Console is ESO hardmode, PC players have addons that literally tell them what to press and when in combat.

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Harvest Map only shows you where nodes could be. It doesn't show where there is definitively a node active. It just tracks possible spawn locations.

Yes, it's a great add-on, but please don't make them out to be more than they are, as that misinformation just drives animosity.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I guess there is a setting (which I never used or activated) that shows the icon only over spawned nodes. I agree this goes too far and should not be allowed as it provides a decided advantage.
    Edited by tmbrinks on January 24, 2021 1:47PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like I said this post will trigger Console players.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Harvest Map only shows you where nodes could be. It doesn't show where there is definitively a node active. It just tracks possible spawn locations.

Yes, it's a great add-on, but please don't make them out to be more than they are, as that misinformation just drives animosity.

I am sorry, but you are incorrect. Once you discover a node, it in fact shows you where the live nodes are.

I used to think exactly like you did, in fact I had an argument with my GF about it. She showed me the setting a couple days ago. My mind was blown and I gave a heartfelt apology, because I was wrong.

I have never in my life seen devs allow the kinds of addons that exist in ESO.
    Edited by Raideen on January 24, 2021 4:16AM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Speak for yourself, it doesn't take me out of the game. It let's me skip the boring parts of the game and head right into where end game is: Max level, full build, Cryodiil/BG's or Trials if you're into PVE.

I find grinding gear in dungeons over and over, or arenas over and over and over and over boring. Where is the addon that scripts my character to skip all the fighting and get right to the loot?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

It's playing the game for you which is what a macro does giving you an advantage.

The difference is that add-ons are using the ZOS created API. add-ons cannot take any player actions that are not supported via the API. The fact that there are routines there to call to do craft table actions indicates that ZOS at this time considesr add-on derived crafting to be within their terms of service. If ZOS changes their opinion on this, they can remove those functions from the API.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sorry, but you are incorrect. Once you discover a node, it in fact shows you where the live nodes are.

I used to think exactly like you did, in fact I had an argument with my GF about it. She showed me the setting a couple days ago. My mind was blown and I gave a heartfelt apology, because I was wrong.

nvm... I stand corrected... Didn't know that was a setting... never used it myself

It must be using the fact that you can sometimes point in a direction and "see" a node as the text above your compass as utilizing when it's able to be looted. I would agree that that's too far.
    Edited by tmbrinks on January 24, 2021 5:07AM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You are unequivocally incorrect. The "icon" will still be above looted nodes once you have it set up.

It just shows possible locations. Please let the people who have used the add-on regularly and often and know exactly how it works describe it.

You are unequivocally incorrect. The "icon" can be turned off after you loot it. And the "icon" will only show on available nodes.

JasOSEK.jpg
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

nvm... I stand corrected... Didn't know that was a setting... never used it myself

It must be using the fact that you can sometimes point in a direction and "see" a node as the text above your compass as utilizing when it's able to be looted. I would agree that that's too far.

That is my point. It goes over the line of what is a "quality of life" and what becomes "an advantage". I mean dont get me wrong. I love using it, its made farming and stealing nodes from under other players so amazingly easy I feel cheap.

But I can also see how it's unfair and goes beyond the scope of what it means to harvest/gather/grind in an MMORPG. I am frankly astonished the devs allow the API for this data.
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't actually think of why this is even considered an advantage when literally anyone can download and use it for themselves.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Not all players have the same PC hardware.
    2. Consoles can not use addons.
    3. Nowhere in game is it documented that in order to have the same fair advantage as everyone else, the player should use xyz addons.

But all of those answers are besides the point. The addon circumvents the necessity to place skill points into alts crafting to get the "glow". Once a character on the account has saturated a zones spawn points, that data can be used on all characters on the account.

I like the feature, I am using it right now. But that does not change that it goes against the design and philosophy of what it means to gather in ESO.

Edited by Raideen on January 24, 2021 7:20AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since last patch I can craft daily writs even more efficiently on console.
    I was doing them already pretty quickly but latest patch, as I said, gave us the option to be more efficient.

Where I waste more time is when I switch chars, loading out and loading in takes a good amount of time. On every platform.
    Harvest Map only shows you where nodes could be. It doesn't show where there is definitively a node active. It just tracks possible spawn locations.(...)
    Not true, harvest map can be set to show on map/minimap only the active resource nodes > the player knows where to go and when to go.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...) Once you discover a node, it in fact shows you where the live nodes are.(...)
    If you download the update file (called DownloadNewData) on your harvest map folder, you get all the locations at once. Before even discovering any at all.

Edited by redlink1979 on January 24, 2021 12:01PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since last patch I can craft daily writs even more efficiently on console.
    I was doing them already pretty quickly but latest patch, as I said, gave us the option to be more efficient.

Where I waste more time is when I switch chars, loading out and loading in takes a good amount of time. On every platform.
    Harvest Map only shows you where nodes could be. It doesn't show where there is definitively a node active. It just tracks possible spawn locations.(...)
    Not true, harvest map can be set to show on map/minimap only the active resource nodes > the player knows where to go and when to go.

I have already stated in a later post that I was incorrect. There was a setting added (that I've never personally used) that allows this.

I don't believe that should be allowed in an add-on, it goes too far.
    Edited by tmbrinks on January 24, 2021 2:03PM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

The difference is that add-ons are using the ZOS created API. add-ons cannot take any player actions that are not supported via the API. The fact that there are routines there to call to do craft table actions indicates that ZOS at this time considesr add-on derived crafting to be within their terms of service. If ZOS changes their opinion on this, they can remove those functions from the API.

I accept your answer as correct but it’s still just splitting hairs between a help and playing for you.

As far as an add-on to show where the harvesting nodes are. Sure, ZOS know of this as well and doesn’t care about it either. TOS is only they’re for when they do decide to care about something more as a general guideline and not rules per say.

Stay safe and have fun :)
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    Console is ESO hardmode, PC players have addons that literally tell them what to press and when in combat.

Pretty much. When I look at videos of PC people in raid with addons, I wonder how they don't all trial achievements on every character already. Bright flashing popups that tell you when to block, dodge, how to wipe your butt, and how to file your taxes correctly to avoid getting audited, as well as warnings about every mech before it happens. I had to git gud the old-fashioned way, in the snow, uphill, both ways!
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Locnaar
    Locnaar
    ✭✭✭

Pretty much. When I look at videos of PC people in raid with addons, I wonder how they don't all trial achievements on every character already. Bright flashing popups that tell you when to block, dodge, how to wipe your butt, and how to file your taxes correctly to avoid getting audited, as well as warnings about every mech before it happens. I had to git gud the old-fashioned way, in the snow, uphill, both ways!

HEAR HEAR !!! HUZZAH!
    former GM All's Faire Trading Guild

beta tester Jan 2014

overheard in Reaper's Marsh (random brigand) "I only kill people who kill people, 'cause killin' people is wrong ..."
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Legit. I'm only starting on this road, but everything I've earned so far in this game has because I had to learn it and get it right. There's a reason why, after all, people who've done it on console going to PC can get HM skins and titles from trials and don't even have to be max CP, because they aready know what to do without an addon playing the game for them.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Not all players have the same PC hardware.
    2. Consoles can not use addons.
    3. Nowhere in game is it documented that in order to have the same fair advantage as everyone else, the player should use xyz addons.

But all of those answers are besides the point. The addon circumvents the necessity to place skill points into alts crafting to get the "glow". Once a character on the account has saturated a zones spawn points, that data can be used on all characters on the account.

I like the feature, I am using it right now. But that does not change that it goes against the design and philosophy of what it means to gather in ESO.

The glow I think might be the most overrated skill in the game. I usually see the node to harvest long before I see the glow.

I did my firs character through all the content without using add-ons then began using add-ons on other characters. The harvest add-on as it turns out was keeping me from getting where I wanted to go. Bad enough I zig-zag around picking up the nodes I see. Having a map telling me there is something just over yonder hill behind a tree made it so I was never getting anywhere I needed to be.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    What can I say?

PC Master Race

Dont blame ZoS for restrictions made by Sony and XBox

I don't care that I can't have addons with console (actually, I could have something similar to them, but ZoS actually won't allow it because it requires modifying hardware - the game will boot you for certain hardware discrepancies). What I do care about is ZoS foregoing some QoL improvements because a portion of the games population has addons. Even still, some features added to the game are only added on PC, like controller mapping and loadouts. They don't do this because PC users are superior, they do it because it's easier and less time consuming.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    gimila4 wrote: »
    Eh I don’t see how it’s any faster then the update for writs console got last patch

Derp? There was an update to writs? I just came back after like... 18 months or something? Was this a patch or a hotfix, and it was one of the most recent?
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade