The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamblade skills and gear?

Tigerboy78
So I really like my Stamblade and I want to start using him more in PVP. It's going to be mostly solo in the BGs. I started a build using Alcast but I wanted to make sure that it is a good build.

Right now I am using Hundings x5 and New Moon x5. I would like to keep DW/Bow setup if possible. I know 2H has Rally which is really nice.

I did see that Alcast recommends Eternal Hunt as well. Are there any better sets that I should be looking at?
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    I would usually try and avoid Alcast for PvP builds if possible. He releases builds for all classes and setups and so while some of them might be good they aren't always the best nor adhere to the everchanging meta.

Unfortunately, DW is not very good for PvP, ideally it looks a lot better but it just doesn't add up to 2H. For stamblade, 2H/Bow is the strongest setup and has been for as long as I can remember. Eternal Hunt is not a bad set per se, however there are much better sets out there for stamina nightblade. Hundings and New Moon will give you a strong stat sheet but you will be very disappointed when you bring that into PvP because of how the meta is right now. You will encounter these very cheese tank builds that are able to burst you down. On top of that, nightblade burst is super predictable and is easily dodgeable, and so when it is dodged your combo is completely ruined and you have to start over. I would recommend running sets that will give you more reliable damage to combat lag and roll dodges from other players.

Of course this is just the surface of what goes into a good build. For stamina nightblade, I would highly recommend checking out Grimhallow on Youtube. He makes very in depth build videos and is the guy to go to for your nightblade needs.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would usually try and avoid Alcast for PvP builds if possible. He releases builds for all classes and setups and so while some of them might be good they aren't always the best nor adhere to the everchanging meta.

Unfortunately, DW is not very good for PvP, ideally it looks a lot better but it just doesn't add up to 2H. For stamblade, 2H/Bow is the strongest setup and has been for as long as I can remember. Eternal Hunt is not a bad set per se, however there are much better sets out there for stamina nightblade. Hundings and New Moon will give you a strong stat sheet but you will be very disappointed when you bring that into PvP because of how the meta is right now. You will encounter these very cheese tank builds that are able to burst you down. On top of that, nightblade burst is super predictable and is easily dodgeable, and so when it is dodged your combo is completely ruined and you have to start over. I would recommend running sets that will give you more reliable damage to combat lag and roll dodges from other players.

Of course this is just the surface of what goes into a good build. For stamina nightblade, I would highly recommend checking out Grimhallow on Youtube. He makes very in depth build videos and is the guy to go to for your nightblade needs.

Great pvp streams.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like alcast builds if you are new. You learn to adjust for your style of play and chosen game modes.

Unless you are zerging or ganking dw bow will be a huge challenge to you I think.

If you go eternal hunt (awesome for solo kite style) you need damage everywhere else. NMA /briarheart infused jewelry and a master's or maelstrom bow and you may still struggle to take people down.

I run eternal hunt with venomous smite, double dot poisons, selenes/mephala, and blackrose prison bow for OW. It's a 2h bow set up you could make dw if you really preferred and maybe use sheer venom instead of smite.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on January 25, 2021 2:50PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh.

Lately I've been tinkering with mirage and defending back bar bow with 2 reinforced heavy pieces to boost base resistance and it seems to be helping survivability overall. I also run without shuffle but still enjoy major evasion and 3k+ resists.

With the added bonus to defense I don't find myself switching to rally as often.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on January 25, 2021 2:49PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's already been mentioned but Grimhallows build is really beginner friendly. By no means do I believe it's the best, but accessible and well-rounded.

Mistakes cost resources and Eternal Vigor has plenty, especially if you combine with Tri-Stat Potions. It's also a buyable set

For the backbar Venomous Smite and Syvarra are both buyable. I prefer the later. Sheer Venom is an option from ICP.

Monster sets he covers quite well. Bloodspawn a bit of everything, Troll King also great to start with.

Once you get the hang of things and see where the builds letting you down you can change things out as to what suits.

https://youtu.be/qdhoZdGCR3o