Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

ESO 2021 wishlist

VerboseQuips
VerboseQuips
✭✭✭✭✭
I like to regularly rewrite and update wishlists of what I would love to see in game, as the quarters pass and new content is added, either fulfilling previous wishes, or inspiring new ones. A few days away from the big reveal, I thought today was a great time to do it again. Of course, this thread is also an invitation for anyone to add their own wishes.

So, as it has been said, there will be less new systems this year, as the Devs accommodate to working from home and focus on fixing and stabilizing the game. I thought it’d be an ideal time to think of new content to add to the game that wouldn’t need (at least from an outsider’s viewpoint) as much work as integrating new systems.

Upgrading older zones.

When going back to base-game zones, it is striking how the newer chapter/DLC zones have progressed in terms of standards. So I think it’d be great if older zones were enhanced to match with these new standards. More specifically, I wish we could have, in every zone, either base-game or DLC,
  • A “museum quest”, asking us to fetch some hidden stuff pertaining to the zone, unlocking a collectible,
  • Daily delve quests and world boss quests, awarding some motif pages,
  • Motif pages or collectible fragments dropping from the chests of that zones,
  • Motif pages or collectible fragments dropping in the public dungeon
  • Motif pages obtained by pickpocketing from citizens in the zone
  • Motif pages dropping from delve and world bosses
  • Unique recipes or motif pages found in fished containers

The “jewelry box” type of container, introduced with the the Morrowind chapter, could be added to all older zones in various spots, thus allowing to also add furnishing sketches of these new boxes for each playable race.
Jewelry crafting stations could be added to a few key places where they are still missing, like the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary or the trial entrance rooms.

Crafting surveys could be added to Summerset and a treasure map could be added to Artaeum. Additionnally, a master safebox could be added to Alinor’s bank.
A Bal Molagmer faction could be added to Vvardenfell, with some questline. When the questline is over, it could also provide daily theft quests, with a chance to get Bal Molagmer motif pages.

As this process of upgrading would require to review all the existing zones, this could also be an opportunity to add some new decoration here and there, or to fix some little error of positioning or of consistency (for example, windows appearing outside of a building, but not inside it). This would also be an opportunity to do some cosmetic tweaks. For example, Artaeum could get a unique, Ceporah-themed wayshrine.

Group dungeons

Additionnally, the base-game group dungeons could be upgraded.

First, all the remaining vanilla dungeons which have only one version could get a II-version, as many of them have a story left unfinished yet. This would, by the way, allow for new monster mask sets to be released. There are still plenty of interesting creature on which no mask has yet been based, for example the fire, air or stone Atronachs, Watchers, Whispmothers and Nereids, Sloads, Scamps, Giant bats, … There’s still plenty of room for new masks.

Additionnally, all these vanilla dungeons could receive some new challenges with related achievement and collectibles, to bring them on par with DLC dungeons.

Each group dungeon could also have its own motif. For example, Tempest Isle I would have a Maormer motif, Crypt of Hearts II would have a Lich motif, Fungal Grotto I would have a Goblin motif, Darkshade I could have a Kwama Chitin motif and Darkshade II a Netch Leather one…

Eidetic memory and stickerbook

Eidetic memory could be reworked a bit to add new achievements (and the bugged books should also be repaired). Hirelings’ mails should be added to eidetic memory, as well as dug treasure maps and harvested crafting surveys. A “crown store” section could host the crown store motifs and exclusive treasure maps without annoying collectors with uncomplete "main" sections.

Each outlaw refuge should have a document to read for eidetic memory completion (I think the Alinor refuge, for example, lacks one).

The level up advisor sets (the Prohet and the Broken Soul) should be added to the stickerbook. For example, they could be unlocked with the achievement obtained by reaching Level 50.

Additionnally, the stickerbook could host a compilation of the flavour texts describing the quest rewards and unique boss drops, and also possibly allow us to recreate these special versions of weapons or armors.
Finally, each quest should award a unique weapon with some flavour text as description. I found the random rewards in Hew's Bane or Gold Coast, for example, rather lazy and lame.

New creatures

A lot of new creatures from previous games or lore could be added to the game, to enhance the diversity of our foes.

Dwemer ballistae could be added to some Dwemer ruins, for example. I miss the Bonewalkers and Bonelords from Vvardenfell’s tombs. Lava trolls could roam its foyadas, too. Clockwork Dreughs and hulking fabricants could be added to the Clockwork City, and some shadow atronachs to Evergloam. Other werecreatures than werewolves could let us appreciate the diversity of Hircine’s blessings. Fanged goutis, rays and floaters from Shadowkey could be added to Craglorn or Rivenspire.

The announced “gates of Oblivion” title for this year theme suggest we might perhaps meet some Daedra. This could be an opportunity to meet some we haven’t seen yet in ESO: Hellhounds, Vermais, male Perthans, Hernes, morphoïd Daedra… In Battlespire, there was a character called Faydra Shardai, who could belong to a yet undisclosed Daedra species. Either it’s the Faydras (if she’s named the same way as Xivilai Moath), or it’s the Shardai, if on the contrary the -ai suffix is an indicator of the name of a Daedric race, like with Xivilai or Vermai. It’d be cool to see more of them. Also, we still don’t know what a Dregoth is.

Kollops could also be added to the shores of Vvardenfell, as an alternative source for clam gall and powdered mother-of-pearl.

Also, I'd love to meet Centaurs in ESO, some day!

Housing

A lot of new houses could be added to the game, too... not all of which need to be Crown exclusives!

We could get some player home on Betnikh and on Bleakrock, as these zones still don’t have any. Also possibly a mage tower on Eyeveya and a Dwemer ruin connecting to the Earth Forge.
Some sewer section connected to an outlaw refuge could be handy, too. (Maybe authorise purchase only for those who already have the smuggler assistant or who have unlocked all justice achievements?)

A lot of architectures haven’t yet been made available as player houses. For example, there isn’t yet a Bosmeri notable house. I’d love to have large connected trees like the ones in Cormount as a Bosmeri manor. We still don’t have any Ayleid house. I'd like to have my own Imperial cathedral, too. I would really love to have a Ceporah-styled study in Artaeum (and if it has a balcony allowing us to contemplate the island from above, that’s even better). We could use repurposed Sload magic to create some mental palace in a Sloadish mind-realm, where the players could store and tidy up their memories. Or some coral-based house. I’d love to see some dark Daedric pyramid in Coldharbour, and a medium-sized Imperial House in the Hollow City. Or a Barsaebic ruin with a connection to Eld Angvar. I’d love to call a Nedic tower home, somewhere in Craglorn. An old Breton fort with towers would be great for the more militarily inclined players, or an Imperial fort. The more homebody type could find peace in a medium property in the Summerset countryside, with a nymphea pool on the side. A large gryphon’s nest on a cliff could make a cosy smaller house for those who love seclusion and breathtaking seaside sunsets.

A lot of architectural types could be used for houses in Vvardenfell: Velothi towers, Velothi strongholds, Dwemer ruins, Daedric ruins, Ancestral tombs, Ashlander camps with yurts… I feel like a lot could still be added there.
More generally, many delve or dungeon types could make great houses: Breton cemeteries, Khajiiti temples, old Redguard/Yoku tombs, Nordic barrows, Kwama hives, regular mines, cristal mines, caves, ice caves, lava caves with sulphur pools and geyser fields, fungal grottoes, … We could also get some new “blank slates”, like a swampy grove, a clearing in some forest, a private beach…
Also, some Oblivion realms could get their houses too, like the Deadlands, Evergloam, the Fields of Valor, the Spiral Skein or some dro-m’athra place…

A ship would be an awesome medium-sized house for any would-be seafarers. In fact, all playable races could (and should!) have their own ship-house!

An "upgrade to furnished" option for owned house would be great. It could work the following way :
  • It could be purchased only once per house, server and account.
  • It is automatically locked if the house was purchased in furnished form.
  • It could only be purchased if there are enough free furnishing slots in the house.
  • When purchased in the crown store from an owned house, it'd place into the house all the furnishings that belong to the "furnished" version of the house.
This way, players could buy a house either with gold or with crowns, and then furnish it later in their "official" version.

The imperial furnishing recipes should be made available in the game, as they form a glaring hole in our current crafting knowledge.

Additionnally, furnishing plans for structural elements like walls, stairs or platforms should be made available for all the base-game types of architectures.

In-house wayshrines have been asked by many. Also, I’d love to get some mannequins furnishing, in order to be able to display some gear and costumes.
(And if, by some miraculous way, you manage to increase the number of furniture slots, that’d be awesome.)

Also, it’d be a very nice, lore-friendly addition, to consider Senche-rath mounts as visitors when they are in player houses, and give them some dialogue lines.

Cosmetics

On the cosmetic side, I’d love to get some options to change the body hair style of my toons. Alternate furs, or fur painting would be great for werewolves. And hair dyes would be awesome.

A “hide piece” option could be offered to hide any piece of gear, not only the head piece. I am sure some people would love to hide their pauldrons, or to appear barefeet.

You should finally finish the "Tailored in Tamriel" collection. I think there are still some female Khajiiti costumes missing.

Finally, many pets could still be added to the game.
Personnally, I’d love to get a rabbit pet (and even better, one of the same species of swift glowing Darkwater rabbits as the Golden Jack). I am also really interested in a squirrel pet or a flying book pet. Wafts and wisps would be great followers too.
A Draugulf mount and pet would probably be an ideal match for any Nord necromancer.

Other extra stuff

All characters should be allowed to do any prologue quest (thus finally unlocking that missing skill points for base-game characters).

All style pages and glyphs could be made stackable in inventories, to free some extra room. Moreover, we should be allowed to stock our style pages in our banks. (Also, banks storage should be upgraded to 250/500. Seriously, this 240/480 thing is stressing me out for not being rounded.)

As said up there, this is also an invitation for everybody to post their own wishlist ! :smiley:
Edited by VerboseQuips on January 26, 2021 1:31PM
My characters:
Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just like a better reason to play alts, talking exclusivly about achevments having a half in half out approch - some stuff is shared some stuff isnt. even motifs are confusing, some you can read on an alt some you cant.
    i would really like an all or nothing scenario where its eveything is shared, or nothing is. cp included.

Eveytime i play an alt and get an acheivment my "Main" dosnt have i have to do it again on my main.

Yes i know im an acheivement hunter and completionest and not evey body is. but hey thats just me.
    Options
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    removal of levels
    spears
    removal of lag
    Awake, but at what cost
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Magicka weapons that aren't staves
    • "Story mode" for group dungeons
    • Spellcrafting
    • Cross-server Crown Store

OK, I think that's enough unicorns for now. B)
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • "Story mode" for group dungeons

Yes, please ! Especially now that they are doing yearly stuff in which part of the story is locked into group dungeons! Everyone and their neighbour wants to quickly run them for farming or achievements, and it isn't possible to take one's time, reading everything, listening to everything, appreciating the stories and vistas in these conditions...
    • Magicka weapons that aren't staves
    • Spellcrafting

OK, I think that's enough unicorns for now. B)

I love your unicorns ! :blush:

Actually, I haven't mentioned them in my list because they already announced there would be less new systems this year in the director's retrospective letter, so I wanted to refrain myself from systemic suggestions, but yes...

I have been saying I want spellcrafting since before the game came out (and I never fully recovered from Skyrim not featuring it). And I think I have mentioned one-handed sceptres and spears in nearly all of my wishlists. The only reason I haven't this time is the aforementioned one. :smiley:

My characters:
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Performance updates.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on January 28, 2021 12:03AM
    Options
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    NPC clothes that we can use at the outfit station to cover our functional armor. If my alchemist wants to wear a dress and apron to go harvesting, she should be able to.

Wearable backpacks and cloaks.

Armor/saddle/barding for our mounts to add guild or alliance colors and variety. They have the alliance mounts, I am interested in that sort of kit for our existing mounts.

The ability to feed, give treats to, and pet, our pets and mounts.

A pet store for more varieties of cats, dogs, birds, etc, for non combat/deco pets.

More homes in unused buildings. I'd love to see each city gain new apartments and townhome style homes that are in the size range of Captain Margeaux's to Ravenhurst. One attached to a thieves guild would be awesome, same for Ceporah Tower and the Sapiarch College.

Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lots of great ideas!

I would also love if backpacks had their own costume/outfit slot. Backpacks make my adventuring habit of looting everything not nailed down a lot more realistic!

Housing
    • planters with dirt in a variety of styles
    • weapon/armor racks - preferably functional or customizable, there are so many amazing styles I would love to be able to display them, especially the shields <3 in my various houses (i don't use a shield in-game, but I find many have fantastic art that I only get to see in previews!)
    • more slots/combined slots so we can have more mounts/pets/house guests in a house (FX furniture category has few furnishings - would be OK if that were combined with the house guest one)

Options
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the bugs.

Get the Wrothgar Relic Hunter achievements working properly.

Get the dungeon queue working properly.

FINALLY fix the crash bug against lich bosses when in first person, so people don't have to play in third person.
    Options
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one thing...

Devs that take on board feedback from players about poor design decisions and give meaningful feedback.

Or just rename the PTS the Free Bug Finding Resource Server.
    Options
  • Canperial35
    Canperial35
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you on imperial furnishing recipes. I bought the game with imperial edition, my main is an imperial, all my favorite houses are the imperial houses but unfortunately most of the imperial furnishings are being sold in crown store...
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of this!!!!!!! Yasssssssssssss+s
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great ideas!

Like OP said, I'd love to see 'hide any slot' for armor and also the ability to stack items that logically should be stackable - especially in guild banks where multiples of style pages and runeboxes won't take up so much room. Both should be easy fixes.

I'd also like more skins for the Warden's bear. This should be an easy one since the stuff to support it is already in place. Even the alternative bear colors already exist in game (white, honey-blond grizzley, black. . . ).

Another easy one would be to reduce the summoned winged twilight's size by at least half.

How about the ability to train your horse in each area once a day so total horse training time could go from 180 days to 60 days?

Speaking of horses, I'd love to see the old slapped on back packs that suffice as saddlebags on the older horses upgraded to real saddlebags that are now seen on many of the newer horses.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top Picks:
    • Fix Monetization. Either make this game free-to-play (no subscriptions, no charges for content expansions) or get rid of the egregious free-to-play style monetization. Second option is strongly preferred.
    • Story Dungeons. Because if you're going to keep doing the yearlong story thing and putting interesting stories in dungeons, it'd be nice if players could reliably experience it, yeah?
    • Transmute Sourcing. This never should have been restricted to group content only and that is even less justified after jewelry crafting and now the set collections system. Add sourcing to non-group content.

Honestly, until the first point is addressed, I just don't care anymore about anything else. I used to give this game sole exception on egregious monetization because of good content development, but there are so many other video games out there whose design better respect customer's time and money. As the monetization design of this title has gotten steadily worse, I'm just out of patience with it and good content design no longer outweighs that glaring negative. I hold a very small hope that the Microsoft acquisition will may turn things around, but am just not that optimistic.
    Options
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like more skins for the Warden's bear. This should be an easy one since the stuff to support it is already in place. Even the alternative bear colors already exist in game (white, honey-blond grizzley, black. . . ).

Another easy one would be to reduce the summoned winged twilight's size by at least half.

I'd also like new skins for abilities! For example, variants of clannfears and scamps, I really dislike their current textures. Or the floating stones summoned by Dragonknights could be opaline or cristalline.

(The only inconvenient I see about this -- and that might put some constraints on what should or shouldn't be allowed -- is that skills need to stay easily recognizable so as to avoid any confusion that could occur during fights.)
    My characters:
    Options
  • TheCaptainJosh
    TheCaptainJosh
    ✭✭✭
    My 2021 wishlist: for the game to work as advertised
    AugustusGray
    PC NA
    Options