The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Julianos vs. Treasure hunter

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Topic :) I've been running Julianos for a bit now...but with Treasure Hunter I can about 13% more crit chance. As a magicka necro this is a big deal for me. Not willing to burn a slot with magelight, so seeking some thoughts. Thank you!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Treasure Hunter gives your character a named buff: Major Prophecy. Buffs with the same name do not stack, so if you are not using any of the potions that offer Major Prophecy, then the set is okay.

I use Spell Power potions which include Major Prophecy, so I would not use Treasure Hunter because simply drinking a potion such as Spell Power makes the 5th piece of Treasure Hunter pointless.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • C0L0SSUS
    C0L0SSUS
    ✭✭
    Inner light >while slotted you gain Major Prophecy ... so 5 pic of armor for one slot.... 😎 Or one potion 📱📱
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...looks like I'll need to start learning alchemy.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you will soon understand why the Reagents for the Potion are so expensive....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait so....these potions last what....~50 seconds...is that right?
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »

Yes, people chug them on cooldown. It sounds dumb, but some people have a lot of gold to burn.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, people chug them on cooldown. It sounds dumb, but some people have a lot of gold to burn.

If you pvp and have AP, you can buy them for 720 AP per pot. Zerg surf for a couple hours a week and you can keep yourself stocked fairly well.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can slot inner light for the same buff too.

You don't even need to max mages guild. You get it quite early.

Obviously, there's other benefits to maxing it out though.

But don't waste a 5 piece bonus on something a skill or potion can give you.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0L0SSUS wrote: »
    Inner light >while slotted you gain Major Prophecy ... so 5 pic of armor for one slot.... 😎 Or one potion 📱📱
    This, note that you could then swap out inner light for something else like an shield then using potions.
    You only use the expensive potions in hard fights.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya as I posted I'm not willing to burn a slot for Inner Light. And......some battles take 10 minutes...I'd be popping potions like pez. That being said, here's treasure hunter:

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) Adds 171 Spell Damage, Gain Major Prophecy at all times, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2629.

And Julianos
    2 items: Adds 833 Spell Critical
    3 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    4 items: Adds 833 Spell Critical
    5 items: Adds 300 Spell Damage

I'm literally only losing 129 point of spell damage. Thanks...I think I'll just stick with Treasure Hunter for now.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DigiAngel I agree with your thinking. I'm not competitive enough to be bothered sucking down potions and if my skill bars are legitimately full, I go to a set. Sucking potions every 50 seconds is not a horrible thing but simply not fun or affordable for some. Some of my mages therefore use inner light. Those that can't fit it on there forgo that buff or would do just what you are doing - seek a set that provides the buff. Treasure hunter looks like a decent set.

My warden runs Mighty Chudan because she doesn't have room to slot the warden's ice shield.

My magplar runs Rattlecage because she doesn't have room for a crummy skill that gives her major sorcery.

I have a stamplar archer who runs Dreugh King Slayer since she does not have class access to major savagery.

There's a reason we have lots of options.

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.....another reason I really enjoy ESO....so many ways to accomplish what you need :)
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya as I posted I'm not willing to burn a slot for Inner Light. And......some battles take 10 minutes...I'd be popping potions like pez. That being said, here's treasure hunter:

(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) Adds 171 Spell Damage, Gain Major Prophecy at all times, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2629.

And Julianos
    2 items: Adds 833 Spell Critical
    3 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    4 items: Adds 833 Spell Critical
    5 items: Adds 300 Spell Damage

I'm literally only losing 129 point of spell damage. Thanks...I think I'll just stick with Treasure Hunter for now.

Spell power potions/alliance spell draught will give you major prophecy, along with major sorcery, major intellect, and a large amount of magicka instantly. Using these will increase your damage and sustain SIGNIFICANTLY. When you max out your alchemy, you can make 4 potions at a time, and can keep the potion buff up 100% of the time. Only use the potions when you have a difficult fight.
    Using potions make any set bonus that gives major prophecy, sorcery, or intellect, redundant. Your character will be more powerful using a different set and popping a potion when needed.
    Edited by carlos424 on January 22, 2021 2:13PM
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Spell power potions/alliance spell draught will give you major prophecy, along with major sorcery, major intellect, and a large amount of magicka instantly." ....for 46 seconds. Pass, but thanks.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    C0L0SSUS wrote: »

^^^This. You're better off losing a skill slot and running a set that gives you a buff that you can't get from pots or skills than running a set that gives you Major Prophecy.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad face :( I've been running a modded version of this:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-necromancer-build-pve/

for a bit....swapped out Degeneration for Harness Magicka and, when I do it right, I have

Minor Force 30 seconds
    Major Sorcery 20 seconds
    Major Prophecy all the time

So...I'd likely loose Degeneration and probably Mystic Orb or Necrotic potency.....sigh...looks like I'll have to spend the 66K in gold for those 200 potions :( I still can't help think that the spell damage loss of 129 points is small.

HOWEVER. That brings me to another question..which I'll put in a different thread :) Thank's for the info....still learning :)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DigiAngel That particular build is meant to be heavily reliant on buffs from group play, hence the total lack of a strong self heal or Major Sorcery/Major Prophecy outside of potions. Its a pure damage build that has issues sustaining and healing on its own.

If you want, you can run Medusa (2 body, 3 jewelry) with Julianos. This will allow you to dump Channeled Acceleration and slot Inner Light on your front bar and put the orb on your back bar. If you want Degeneration, too, you can swab out orb for non-group play or Harness Mag for group play, though you'll have to be cognizant of taking damage.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice thank you...will look into Medusa :)
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I finally just slotted Maglight. I miss the speed of Channeled Acceleration (it's saved me a few times) and Necrotic Orb...I need to do my test of Haynekhtnamet to see what the difference is...frankly I honestly can't tell. Will keep updating :)
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I slot Inner Light not just because it grants Major Prophecy, it bumps Maximum Magicka up by 5% while slotted(also works in unison with Magicka controller for an extra 2% Max Magicka and Magicka recovery.) But if your weaving a Heavy attack or two in the mix, activating inner light Beforehand will trigger the “Might of the Guild” passive and give your light/heavy attacks a 40% damage boost for 3 seconds (Empower) especially useful if using a Destruction lightning staff.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the.....Skullstachio where we you when I needed you :P Ya I need to look through these passives more..I did not know that. Thanks so much...I have 2 or three setup's now using DressingRoom for quickswap...still usually running Mother's Sorrow + Julianos + Maw of the Infernal for most things....I swap Illambris though as it's good for mobs instead of one on one.