The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Make proc sets do less damage BUT allow them to crit again.

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Edit: In one of my last suggestions a bunch of people only read the headline and skipped the actual post when commenting. DON'T DO THIS! Read an entire post before commenting please.

So I'm just finding out now that proc sets that add an additional dot cannot crit. I always assumed they could...especially the ones that give us TWO crit bonus stats. It just feels weird to me that they don't crit.

So I was thinking. Why not kill two birds with one stone? Reduce the damage of all proc sets that deal damage over time (except the ones you already nerfed) BUT make them crit again.

From my understanding 90% of the complaining over dot proc sets is from pvp'ers who don't know what a cleanse is. So...since most pvp'ers go for a lot of crit resistance on their builds wouldn't reducing the damage of dot proc sets while making them crit again make everyone happy? If the numbers are changed right dots proc sets would become much weaker in pvp while becoming better in pve.
Edited by hexentb16_ESO on January 20, 2021 4:34PM
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if my post offends anyone. Honestly I don't have any issues with dot proc sets in pvp. They're rarely used on me and when they are I just use a cleanse.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If rele could crit :drool:
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PvE, you mostly want sustained DPS. In PvP, you generally want burst damage, with some DoTs to support. Proc sets are currently balanced with one or both of these in mind

Balancing proc sets with crits to not be too strong in PvP will probably make them too weak in PvE. Like now, when Zaan's is powerful in both—without crits!—there are complaints about it in PvP, and grumbles that it's weaker in PvE now

If proc sets scaled with crit damage just like stat sets, stat sets would still probably win out, and only the highest DPS proc set would be used (Rele, Maw of the Infernal) would be used. Proc sets like Azureblight and Kjalnar's and Hex Siphoner are signs that unique proc conditions are a solution we'll keep seeing in the future.

Sets like Unleashed Terror and Vateshran destro staff can be fixed with a damage nerf. But keeping them worth using and interesting is tough

"Proc sets" describe a lot of sets, and I think the vast majority of them are not a problem. Relequen's and Siroria's and Armor Master and Seventh Legion and Ashen Grip and False God's are not problems in PvP. Mechanical Acuity can take more thought and planning to use than Spinner's. I'm definitely no PvP expert, but I think describing the problem as all proc sets is simplifying things
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...maybe ZOS could just make them weaker in pvp via a zone debuff so that the damage isn't nerfed in pve.

Or they could just make them crit again and do nothing else to the sets. Even if dot proc sets could crit in pvp they still wouldn't be a problem for me. Thanks to cleanse or a couple casts of vigor.
    Options