Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Creation disconnects

Graycor
Graycor
Soul Shriven
Howdy!
Is there a trick to being able to customize your character in the creation screen without being logged out after like 3 minutes?
I have yet to be able to actually customize a character to my liking without rushing super fast to get it done before being kicked.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh noes. I've had that bug too, contact support through either the site, or the ticket-system ingame ^^
    Feel free to tell them you're having the same issue I did including my un so they might be able to fix you the same way.

Maybe @ZOS_BillE could give you better directions? ^^
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Graycor

Are you getting a specific error message when getting disconnected?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Graycor
    Graycor
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

Yes, it will say I've been logged out due to inactivity, even though I'm actively modifying the character.

Then, when I try again, the sliders will be in similar spots to where they were for the body, however, they're not actually at those spots in reality. So I have to move the sliders slightly, then back, to actually put it at that spot (like if it was all the way at the bottom for height, it's not actually there on the character... have to move it and then put it back at the bottom for it to be correct). This made me a bit crazy for a while wondering why a character I created was so tall, until I used a race change token and saw the height was actually in the middle, not at the bottom like it said on character creation. An annoying bug which wasted one of my tokens.
  • Graycor
    Graycor
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

Exact error message:

Error 334 (3:1:1080:0)
    Lost lobby connection.

I've recorded a screen capture of exactly what happens and posted it to youtube so support can see exactly what I'm saying since I'm not very good at explaining. I removed all addons before doing this.

https://youtu.be/vI1G0XfciJQ
  • Gabrielzavadski
    Gabrielzavadski
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6798649#Comment_6798649

I do a workaround to create characters with detail, while also avoiding the bug, take a look at the link.
    Glory for the Pact!
  • Graycor
    Graycor
    Soul Shriven
    This isn't a viable workaround for my situation. The issue occurs if I've logged in first with a character or not, if it's a new character, or if I'm using a race change token, I will only have a few minutes to customize, and nothing is appropriately saved so if I leave and come back, not only do I have to switch everything back, but nothing is actually where it says it is. Like if my height was all the way to the left, it'll still show as being there, but the character height is actually more like around the middle. Whole thing is messed up. Did a ton of stuff their customer support team has suggested to no avail.
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    This used to happen to me quite frequently (when I still had slots for new characters to be created). It happened a little less after I started using a VPN program.

To sort of preventing me from losing the progress, I always take screenshots of the sliders every 2 minutes or so. That way, if I get disconnected, I can "quickly" restore everything to where I was and then continue for a couple more minutes. But that is definitely not a solution.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Graycor

You can find troubleshooting for the login error 334 in the following help article linked below.

ERROR 334 - ERROR CODE - THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE
    Staff Post
  • Graycor
    Graycor
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

Ya thanks homie I've been thru all that.
    And beyond.
    They sent my ticket to "advanced" support.
    Then to the developers.

Waiting on some developer response I guess.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Graycor

You are welcome to post your ticket number in the thread so we can check on the current status.
    Staff Post
  • Graycor
    Graycor
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

Incident: 210125-002176

But the girl in support running my ticket keepin me updated, just I mean, we waiting for the devs. Not expecting anything. :)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Graycor

Thanks for your ticket number. Your latest reply was received successfully by support and they will follow up again soon.
    Staff Post
  • Graycor
    Graycor
    Soul Shriven
    @InaMoonlight homie how they fix this for you? Do you have a ticket number where @ZOS_BillE can look it up and then roll up on the devs with the answer and get some points? I mean, long shot that it's the same deal, and legit I already have my 6 chrs at 50 and I ain't gon buy crap to fix their terrible looks, but hey, why not solve a bs bug.