The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampire Skill Line (3000 Crowns), Blessed by Molag Bal

Nekrebos
Nekrebos
Soul Shriven
Hi friends
I'm new to the game and I'm really enjoying the game.

I thought about buying this product at the store and was a little disappointed that it has nothing more than the opening of all vampire skills.

As the world of ESO has many stories I think it would be more pleasant if the character who had vampirism in this way had some kind of mark showing that he was born a vampire.
It would be nice to have this differential in the game for those who like to player through stories.

The character could have It may have been blessed by Molag Bal or other forms.

It would also be great if there were several types of vampires, but I don't think the company is going to do that.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind had different clans, did Oblivion or Skyrim? By that i mean ones you joined.

Anyway, the ability differences were small, would have to be pretty much the same. But Clan Stories would be nice. They kind of go into it with this latest chapter, but nothing you can join.
    Edited by Nestor on January 18, 2021 11:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nekrebos
    Nekrebos
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Morrowind had different clans, did Oblivion or Skyrim? By that i mean ones you joined.

Anyway, the ability differences were small, would have to be pretty much the same. But Clan Stories would be nice. They kind of go into it with this latest chapter, but nothing you can join.

At the moment I didn't join any, I'm new to the game and I didn't know I could join vampiric clan.

Could put the option of being a great vampire in the history of the game with more development and the quest would take longer to complete. And the vampire basic quest would stay with the current duration, 20 min as it is today. (I searched the forums, I didn't do these quests)
    Thus, the skills could be different, since the difficulty to be able to complete the types of vampires would be different.

Or the "improved" version of the vampire could be owned only by purchasing it from the game store.

I believe that I could leave the vampirism package with some difference in the game without being just the skills. The value is not low for something you buy and can get for free. I believe it costs nothing for the company to make vampire players more involved in the history of the game.

Thanks for your idea.
    Edited by Nekrebos on January 19, 2021 12:01AM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, don't waste your crowns on a vampire skill line. You can get that for free, either by getting infected by blood fiends (rare occurence but possible), or by another player. I can make you a vampire if you're on PC/EU. If that's not the case just go to the Rift and ask in zone chat.
    Nekrebos wrote: »
    I believe that I could leave the vampirism package with some difference in the game without being just the skills. The value is not low for something you buy and can get for free. I believe it costs nothing for the company to make vampire players more involved in the history of the game.

Nevermind, turns out you already know that and I just can't read. =)
    Edited by Michae on January 19, 2021 5:25AM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭

I opened the thread expecting a request to have vampirism without drawbacks for 3000 crowns ;)
  • Nekrebos
    Nekrebos
    Soul Shriven
    Michae wrote: »
    Hey, don't waste your crowns on a vampire skill line. You can get that for free, either by getting infected by blood fiends (rare occurence but possible), or by another player. I can make you a vampire if you're on PC/EU. If that's not the case just go to the Rift and ask in zone chat.

Nevermind, turns out you already know that and I just can't read. =)

Thanks for your help.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

At the moment I didn't join any, I'm new to the game and I didn't know I could join vampiric clan.

Could put the option of being a great vampire in the history of the game with more development and the quest would take longer to complete. And the vampire basic quest would stay with the current duration, 20 min as it is today. (I searched the forums, I didn't do these quests)
    Thus, the skills could be different, since the difficulty to be able to complete the types of vampires would be different.

Or the "improved" version of the vampire could be owned only by purchasing it from the game store.

Thanks for your idea.

You don't believe that time=money? Anytime a human does any task, what you are seeing is the end result of the process it took them to get to the point where they could even perform that particular task.

Driving a car for instance, you have to spend x=amount of hours learning the rules of the road, the basic functions of a car, muscle memory of using the pedals and steering wheel, then spend x=amount of hours practicing proper driving, then x=amount of hours to study for the test, then x=amount of hours/minutes to take said test, to then finally get a license that says "Human 1277368927 knows how to drive a motor vehicle".

It's the same as someone saying "I believe it costs nothing for you to drive me to the mall...just drive me!". It clearly costs something, either time or money or effort. A big portion of game development is still effort and time spent doing a task. Even if a task only requires one person to click one button to reach the desired end result, it's still someone having to physically click something, and having the time and training put in to know exactly what button to click on, and how to click it.

ESO development is no different. Exactly would ZOS go about making "vampire players more involved in the history of the game" for "free"?
    Edited by Goregrinder on January 21, 2021 6:13PM
  • Nekrebos
    Nekrebos
    Soul Shriven

Thanks for your idea.

You don't believe that time=money? Anytime a human does any task, what you are seeing is the end result of the process it took them to get to the point where they could even perform that particular task.

Driving a car for instance, you have to spend x=amount of hours learning the rules of the road, the basic functions of a car, muscle memory of using the pedals and steering wheel, then spend x=amount of hours practicing proper driving, then x=amount of hours to study for the test, then x=amount of hours/minutes to take said test, to then finally get a license that says "Human 1277368927 knows how to drive a motor vehicle".

It's the same as someone saying "I believe it costs nothing for you to drive me to the mall...just drive me!". It clearly costs something, either time or money or effort. A big portion of game development is still effort and time spent doing a task. Even if a task only requires one person to click one button to reach the desired end result, it's still someone having to physically click something, and having the time and training put in to know exactly what button to click on, and how to click it.

ESO development is no different. Exactly would ZOS go about making "vampire players more involved in the history of the game" for "free"?

Truth. I agree with everything you said, except that I said up there that by paying 3000 crowns the player could have something more than the opening of all abilities. And I suggested having the possibility of being born a vampire and having marked that in the character.

Yes, I talked about having a story for vampire players because it's the game's profile. Just I would prefer it to be purchased only at the store
    There should be a kind of vampire that you could only have by paying at the store.

What I wanted was to have several types of vampires, where one could have himself in the game in the current form (Free) and the others buying in the store.

About doing something for free ... There are no free games? If you search there are a lot of games that are free and are of good quality.

Thanks for your comment.

Edited by Nekrebos on January 21, 2021 10:34PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for your idea.

Truth. I agree with everything you said, except that I said up there that by paying 3000 crowns the player could have something more than the opening of all abilities. And I suggested having the possibility of being born a vampire and having marked that in the character.

Yes, I talked about having a story for vampire players because it's the game's profile. Just I would prefer it to be purchased only at the store
    There should be a kind of vampire that you could only have by paying at the store.

What I wanted was to have several types of vampires, where one could have himself in the game in the current form (Free) and the others buying in the store.

About doing something for free ... There are no free games? If you search there are a lot of games that are free and are of good quality.

Thanks for your comment.

There are games that charge you $0.00 to download and install them. It still cost someone something to create said game, and host the dl on a server and let you dl it using the bandwidth they pay their ISP. It cost money and multiple people's time.
  • Nekrebos
    Nekrebos
    Soul Shriven

Thanks for your idea.

Thanks for your comment.

There are games that charge you $0.00 to download and install them. It still cost someone something to create said game, and host the dl on a server and let you dl it using the bandwidth they pay their ISP. It cost money and multiple people's time.

I am not talking about the company that invested in creating the game. I'm talking about players who pay something to have in the game.

You think about the company and I'm thinking about the players.

The company creates a game and pays for the creation, you are not wrong, But the company can choose to receive the money invested in several ways.

Concluding:
    I told ZeniMax Online Studios to create a story for those who are vampires because there are many things that I don't agree with, players can pay for this access to the story.
    I think the 3000 crowns to be a vampire is not worth it. There should be something more.

Thanks for your comment
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id pay 3000 crowns just for the option to toggle the scion skin off permanently.

Its ugly as hell