The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Healing only class in PvP

Greulin
Greulin
Soul Shriven
I loved playing a healing only magicka templar in PvP prior to the changes that heals are only active in groups. Are there any plans to go back to the mode where I can heal anyone in my faction in Cyro?
If not, in the interest of balance, when will any classes that deal damage only be allowed to deal damage when in a group?
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well for starters - all classes can deal damage. So unless you are going to strictly require grouping to even enter Cyrodiil that simply doesn't make sense.

While it is annoying that one can't simply walk out into any fight and help any random schome they come across I'd hardly say that it is unbalanced. On the other hand, having a stack of twenty to forty people stand on a single ram and heal their way across the entire map of Cyrodiil without ever turning to fight once was a little... overboard.

And just to be clear I'm not saying I'm happy about the changes per se but I can see how in some ways they have certainly helped balance things out a bit. Excessive healing is still a powerful tool even in solo play. I'm personally more of the mindset that a better fix would be to have more targeted healing and less smart healing so that healers really have to pay attention to what they are doing. Maybe then lifting the group limits would be more balanced.
  • Gardarik
    Gardarik
    ✭✭✭
    This change is indeed bad on so many levels which is supported by a lot of guilds/peoples simply stop playing Cyro. The more detailed points on why restricting healing is bad have already been elaborated here. For me, this change is greatly counter-immersive and is not what Cyro is advertised as. In short, the changes of limiting cross-group healing and restricting groups to 12 turned Cyrodiil into a large battleground for premade groups. For this kind of gameplay we have other MMORPGs. This is also why ESO PvP has witnessed quite an outflow of players.