Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Blood Scion's should have better textures(Also female Scions need female grunts not male ones)

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The Blood Scion was the form they introduced with Greymoor, and it really isn't all that great, the form's textures are really awful, the red purple seeping stuff coming out of it isn't all that great looking and, it has the stage four textures. Which really do not look good on it. We got some very sleek very cool vampire texture models for npcs. I really do think the Blood Scion could use a rework on the texture models. Its very low quality in my personal opinion and I know I'm not the only one that sees it that way.
I'm hoping this could be addressed in the future along with the male grunts for Female Scions.
900px-ON-skill-Blood_Scion_%28male%29.jpg
900px-ON-skill-Blood_Scion.jpg

In Comparison with,
900px-ON-npc-High_King_Svargrim_02.jpg

ON-npc-Lady_Thorn.jpg

You can see all the quality went into the Vampire Lords and only so much into the Blood Scions as if they didn't do much but put it together and put in a quick texture job that made it look not as good and very low quality.
Edited by Thevampirenight on January 18, 2021 3:07AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just didn't understand deep concept behind this work, Blood Scions are grandpas and granmas of Vampire Lords!!!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the female Blood Scions to at least look a bit more like Lady Thorn. Almost feels like they got lazy with making the female version, and then when they got to work on Castle Thorn they actually had to make the female vampire lord model look good for Lady Thorn and Lady Belain.

Also it's a shame both Blood Scions and Vampire Lords both don't have hair despite the fact Vampire Lords did in Skyrim. Also they didn't have horns.... or veins.... Not sure why they look the way they do in ESO to be honest other than they wanted them to look more monstrous instead of the paragons of their race.
    Edited by Vevvev on January 18, 2021 5:48AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather have my vampire swarm ult back :(
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similarly, the nightblade’s summon shade should either be silent (which seems fine and fitting to me) or the vocalizations needs to match the gender of the summoner!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »

This.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »

Agreed, but if ZOS wants us using this mess of an ultimate they can at least make it look cool. I remember when we complained and they made one change.... they added teeth.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish theyd just ditch the bone goliath skin all-together and just make our current characters grow larger with either a red or black cloud swirling around them....

I’d take my own current vamp outfit layout over this all day, everyday without question.
    Edited by DT-ARR on January 18, 2021 9:49PM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I brought up the same thing last year.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DT-ARR wrote: »
    I wish theyd just ditch the bone goliath skin all-together and just make our current characters grow larger with either a red or black cloud swirling around them....

I’d take my own current vamp outfit layout over this all day, everyday without question.

I remember suggesting something similar long ago where your character themselves became the Blood Scion instead. So they retained their cosmetics, hair, and body dimensions, but had the claws, three clawed feet, and the outfit of like a Vampire Lord or Blood Knight.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

I remember suggesting something similar long ago where your character themselves became the Blood Scion instead. So they retained their cosmetics, hair, and body dimensions, but had the claws, three clawed feet, and the outfit of like a Vampire Lord or Blood Knight.

Id prefer no skin or mandatory outfit at all. Just keep what the player chooses in a larger form with subtle particle effects. I’m positive that anything the player already runs is more true to their vision of a ‘vampire’ as is without ZOS’s forced input. Also would be easier to code with no claw changes / physical changes.

But regardless. 99% of alternatives would be better [snip]

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on January 19, 2021 4:37PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also would be easier to code with no claw changes / physical changes.

True..... if ZOS can't even put fangs in our mouths that idea is dead...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like you have a lot of time to behold your female guts when the ult lasts like 17 seconds and combat camera is from behind.

Or do you like to transform just to behold yourself? Kinky. :)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    The textures definitely need a touch up, it was clear since Greymoors PTS that the Scion as a whole was not entirely finished and was lacking, possibly having things scrapped entirely due to lore devs telling them "No, the players cant be Vampire Lords" and whatnot. The glow is a matter of personal preference (I for one dont mind the aura around the scion)

Ultimately however, Im on the side of others saying that a mortal form with red eyes and a menacing aura would be a big improvement over the Scion in its current state, though since theyd never do that, a touch up would be nice at least.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if they changed the outfit and added shadows around the eyes like the Vampire Lord it would look heaps better.

Or maybe option 2 and make the Vampire Lords less impressive by making them look more like Lord Harkon's Vampire Lord form, remove the Horns and make them about 50% smaller, would you feel more powerful by comparison if the Blood Scion towered over a Vampire Lord even if it lacked wings?

It is clear whoever designed them did not take a proper look at a picture of them as the Vampire Lord is missing it's rear toe and has no spinal brace and the most obvious feature is they obviously mistook a part of Lord Harkon's Crown for horns.

Take a look at this picture from TES Legends

Corpse_Curse_card_art.png

Or this picture of Harkon in TES:Skyrim

PCAs1b.jpg

Now look at the Crown and imagine that from a distance, they would look like Horns wouldn't they, the sad truth is that the Vampire Lord in ESO only has Horns because someone needed their eyes checked.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 19, 2021 6:58AM
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a side note, I find it totally unfair that the female model is missing the silly and ridiculous flappy hip armor. They should be forced to suffer the eternal curse of ESO art design.
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Similarly, the nightblade’s summon shade should either be silent (which seems fine and fitting to me) or the vocalizations needs to match the gender of the summoner!

I hear you! I was about to make a post with suggestions regarding that. My "shade" (female, tall Nord) is actually a short male ahah Couldn't they just check a few parameters like sex and height? Or maybe just height and make it silent and more evanescent (so one wouldn't notice if it's m or f) or a ghost/wraith, whatever. That thing is definitely not "a shade version of myself"!!
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paradisius wrote: »
    The textures definitely need a touch up, it was clear since Greymoors PTS that the Scion as a whole was not entirely finished and was lacking, possibly having things scrapped entirely due to lore devs telling them "No, the players cant be Vampire Lords" and whatnot. The glow is a matter of personal preference (I for one dont mind the aura around the scion)

Ultimately however, Im on the side of others saying that a mortal form with red eyes and a menacing aura would be a big improvement over the Scion in its current state, though since theyd never do that, a touch up would be nice at least.

So much this. There’s a theory going around (or was) that originally we were suppose to actually turn into a vampire lord but the lore guys where against it (which again is foolish) so they slapped a half put together form in the shape of the Scion form and we probably got shafted in the skills department too if you compare our skills to npc vampire skills. Just trash all around.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless it is specific to ESO, I didn’t think transformation was a thing for vampires, except for transforming into a bat, but definitely not some hulking monster. Both that and the bone goliath necro ultimate seem both weird and unfitting to me. For werewolves it makes sense and if there were ever a sort of shapeshifter-themed class (but I don’t think that’s a thing so much in ESO, with a few exceptions such as in Bosmer lore).
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless it is specific to ESO, I didn’t think transformation was a thing for vampires, except for transforming into a bat, but definitely not some hulking monster. Both that and the bone goliath necro ultimate seem both weird and unfitting to me. For werewolves it makes sense and if there were ever a sort of shapeshifter-themed class (but I don’t think that’s a thing so much in ESO, with a few exceptions such as in Bosmer lore).

Allow me to introduce you to Elder Scrolls lore that is over 10 years old.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Vampire_Lord
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Vampire_Lord
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Bloodknight
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Balreth (for bone colossus transformation lore)

Also, many of the NPCs transform in game and we just had a whole expansion discussing vampires transforming into Blood Knights.

Even in the base ESO game there were a couple of vampire story bosses that transformed into gargoyles.

And....there's also a literal entire quest line in Stonefall talking about a necromancer wanting to perform a ritual similar to that of the bone goliath. Necromancers being able to transform into undead creatures whether that's a lich or giant bone colossus have been in the lore for ages.

So, unfortunately you're wrong with thinking that vampires transforming and necromancers turning into stuff aren't a part of ES lore. But now you can be informed. :)
    Edited by VampireLordLover99 on January 20, 2021 10:40PM
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭

Vampire transformations have been a thing in the franchise since Skyrim. The lore behind it is that people who contract vampirism directly from Molag Bal get a unique, and powerful strian of it. These individuals are called Vampire Lords and have access to the monstrous Vampire Lord form.

In ESO Vampire Lords are still a thing, but for some lore gymnastics reason we get access to Blood Scion which is less cool in every way, such as the lack of wings, pasty skin, and we even get dumb side flap armour (zos please stop with the side flaps, very few people like them). Oh also the limited transformation time which I'm not a fan of personally.

Anyways lore and opinion expo out of the way, even Skyrim gave female Vampire Lords their own grunt so there's NO REASON (besides laziness) for female Blood Scions to not have their own.
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    SDKTJ wrote: »

Vampire transformations have been a thing in the franchise since Skyrim. The lore behind it is that people who contract vampirism directly from Molag Bal get a unique, and powerful strian of it. These individuals are called Vampire Lords and have access to the monstrous Vampire Lord form.

In ESO Vampire Lords are still a thing, but for some lore gymnastics reason we get access to Blood Scion which is less cool in every way, such as the lack of wings, pasty skin, and we even get dumb side flap armour (zos please stop with the side flaps, very few people like them). Oh also the limited transformation time which I'm not a fan of personally.

Anyways lore and opinion expo out of the way, even Skyrim gave female Vampire Lords their own grunt so there's NO REASON (besides laziness) for female Blood Scions to not have their own.

It's also said that people who get the blood from these pure bloods, while the intake process often results in death, much like in skyrim one can be a vamp lord from that too.

Considering Lamae Bal is literally a pureblood and the first vampire, it's foolish to assume she doesn't have her own transformation.

Kinda weird that they seemingly forgot this fact when designing Blood Scion. We absolutely should be vampire lords as we are direct decedents from Lamae bal. Which....very few vampires are turned by her personally considering there's only 1 player character in the world.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's also said that people who get the blood from these pure bloods, while the intake process often results in death, much like in skyrim one can be a vamp lord from that too.

Considering Lamae Bal is literally a pureblood and the first vampire, it's foolish to assume she doesn't have her own transformation.

Kinda weird that they seemingly forgot this fact when designing Blood Scion. We absolutely should be vampire lords as we are direct decedents from Lamae bal. Which....very few vampires are turned by her personally considering there's only 1 player character in the world.

Yeah, it's a missed opportunity on ZOS's part since Lamae could have been given a super unique transformation. Like we have Harrowstorm Reapers, Vampire Lords, and Blood Knights which are all vampire forms that are unique with their own separate powers and abilities! Then there's the Blood Scions which are explained away as Vampire Lord mimics and no other thought given to them besides that. Truly a shame.
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it's a missed opportunity on ZOS's part since Lamae could have been given a super unique transformation. Like we have Harrowstorm Reapers, Vampire Lords, and Blood Knights which are all vampire forms that are unique with their own separate powers and abilities! Then there's the Blood Scions which are explained away as Vampire Lord mimics and no other thought given to them besides that. Truly a shame.

The worst part is they're explained away as vampire lord mimics.

Instead of even doing the bare minimum and just giving us vampire lords or blood knights like the ones that are already in the game, they create an entirely 'unique' form that is basically shaved off as being 'vampire lords but more lame' no more thought process put into the design than that. Down to the point that our model is essentially the base vamp lord model but without wings and a few small edits that probably took the devs a few days at max to do.

Im pretty sure everyone expected to at least look like the vampire lord that was randomly advertised on the greymoor steam page. Mainly because no other vamp lord looks like that one and it very much strikes me as a 'probably what we were able to turn into once upon a time ago in dev'

Of course there were the peeps that wanted something totally unique and different, but im sure 'vampire lord' was everyone's base expectations after the dev on stage specifically stated 'we'd be turning into one of those' while pointing at the vamp lord statue lol
    Edited by VampireLordLover99 on January 21, 2021 12:03AM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Instead of even doing the bare minimum and just giving us vampire lords or blood knights like the ones that are already in the game, they create an entirely 'unique' form that is basically shaved off as being 'vampire lords but more lame' no more thought process put into the design than that. Down to the point that our model is essentially the base vamp lord model but without wings and a few small edits that probably took the devs a few days at max to do.

Im pretty sure everyone expected to at least look like the vampire lord that was randomly advertised on the greymoor steam page. Mainly because no other vamp lord looks like that one and it very much strikes me as a 'probably what we were able to turn into once upon a time ago in dev'

Of course there were the peeps that wanted something totally unique and different, but im sure 'vampire lord' was everyone's base expectations after the dev on stage specifically stated 'we'd be turning into one of those' while pointing at the vamp lord statue lol

Considering when they did the reveal of the Dark Heart of Skyrim and the guy was like "Hey, what's that statue there for?" And then they revealed Blood Scion, @ZOS_Finn eluded many of us because while he said we "wouldn't be Vampire Lords" and that we would be "Blood Scions", he never said anything about the forms being different or being altered.

He also said that Supernatural Recovery wasn't going to be touched either and look at how well that aged. While, yes, it was meta for a lot - how these developers speak at these reveal expositions and what actually happens should be taken into account. Misguiding your audience and consumers is akin to lying. Straight up.
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »

Considering when they did the reveal of the Dark Heart of Skyrim and the guy was like "Hey, what's that statue there for?" And then they revealed Blood Scion, @ZOS_Finn eluded many of us because while he said we "wouldn't be Vampire Lords" and that we would be "Blood Scions", he never said anything about the forms being different or being altered.

He also said that Supernatural Recovery wasn't going to be touched either and look at how well that aged. While, yes, it was meta for a lot - how these developers speak at these reveal expositions and what actually happens should be taken into account. Misguiding your audience and consumers is akin to lying. Straight up.

They could have very easily said Blood Scions are just what we as a vampire lord under Lamae Bal is called.