The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What is the "Motif" in the crown store, and why is that so expensive?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
Recently, I found some "Motif" thing in the Crown Store. And it's extraordinary expensive price.(5000 crown?)
Why is that thing so worthful? What kind of benefit does it have?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs are learned to craft gear in a certain appearance using matching style stones or to use the Outfit System to create an outfit of that appearance for gold. They also allow players to do Master Writs, which require crafting specific gear in certain motifs.

The vast majority of motifs and their pages are available for free in game by doing in game activities and events or on sale for gold in guild stores. Thus the high crown store cost is an incentive to earn the motifs in game or else pay for the convenience of getting them in the Crown Store. The exception are the few Crown exclusive motifs (which are never used in writs). Those are Tsaesci, Grim Harlequin, and Stahlrim frostcaster.

Edited to add: its almost always cheaper to buy the non-exclusive motifs with in game gold. Additionally, the Anniversary Event in April features motifs pages as a common rewards. So if you need to fill out motifs cheaply, its worth saving your gold until then as prices usually drop.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 15, 2021 2:20PM
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold is so easy to make, never buy a crown store motif.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are three motifs that are crown store exclusive - Grim Harlequin, Stahlrim Frostcaster, and Tsaeci. If you absolutely love one of those for its appearance, then it might be worth spending crowns on. These could be gotten for in game gold via crown store gifting, but it's a bit more involved than buying other motifs from guild traders.