The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vateshrans + monster set + malacath

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it worth trying to fit these and sacrifice 2 x 5 peices sets..
By running this set up you can only effectively fit 1 full 5 peice set in and the rest would be filled by weapon sets (willpower/endurance etc) + trainee.
Or is better to drop 1 of the above in title and fit a second 5 peice
Edited by Syiccal on January 9, 2021 1:21PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm torn between Vateshrans + monster set + malacath vs. Vetershran + Malac + 2 5 pieces sets.

I'm lining towards option 2 but i don't want to start farming stuff and splashing money for nothing. I'd like to hear people's views and experiences!!
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally depends on the sets, class and synergy.

Because of trainee and endurance / potentates etc everything is viable.

But in general, Mythic is so OP that any build not using one is gimped. So that is the only must have imo.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

But in general, Mythic is so OP that any build not using one is gimped. So that is the only must have imo.

I don't entirely agree... Malacath makes this proc meta much much worse, but I don't think it is bis for every class and build. I only use it on my stamden and I don't run procs at all on any of my characters.

Templar, nightblade and sorc benefit a lot from crit. If you have a decent crit chance and damage modifier I'd say a lot of the time it's the best way to go. I only play with stats though, which on its own is a hindrance in this current meta.

To the op I'd say it depends how much interaction you like to have with your character. It's very popular to wear zaan, vateshan staff and sit in mist form. You also put all your attributes into health and make sure you have a class that has a heal that scales with health.

If I am using 5 piece back bar and 5 piece front I normally make choice between a defensive monster set or arena weapons based on testing. On my stamplar because healing isn't great I currently subsidise it with troll king as I already have decent health recovery from gold food and seventh on my back bar. On my stamsorc I use master dw instead of monster because my survivability is better and my class offensive kit isn't as strong.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't entirely agree... Malacath makes this proc meta much much worse, but I don't think it is bis for every class and build. I only use it on my stamden and I don't run procs at all on any of my characters.

Templar, nightblade and sorc benefit a lot from crit. If you have a decent crit chance and damage modifier I'd say a lot of the time it's the best way to go. I only play with stats though, which on its own is a hindrance in this current meta.

To the op I'd say it depends how much interaction you like to have with your character. It's very popular to wear zaan, vateshan staff and sit in mist form. You also put all your attributes into health and make sure you have a class that has a heal that scales with health.

If I am using 5 piece back bar and 5 piece front I normally make choice between a defensive monster set or arena weapons based on testing. On my stamplar because healing isn't great I currently subsidise it with troll king as I already have decent health recovery from gold food and seventh on my back bar. On my stamsorc I use master dw instead of monster because my survivability is better and my class offensive kit isn't as strong.

I did not say Malacath was a must have. I said a Mythic item was. Wether to go with Malacath, Pale Order, Hunt or Torc is dependant on the build. But choosing not to have one, would be a bad decision IMO.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I did not say Malacath was a must have. I said a Mythic item was. Wether to go with Malacath, Pale Order, Hunt or Torc is dependant on the build. But choosing not to have one, would be a bad decision IMO.

I can't disagree with you there... Though I think being able to run arena weapons and a monster set is nothing to be scoffed at, whether it rivals being able to have 1 piece trainee and a mythic is questionable...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I can't disagree with you there... Though I think being able to run arena weapons and a monster set is nothing to be scoffed at, whether it rivals being able to have 1 piece trainee and a mythic is questionable...

Edit: Apologies for the assumption. I normally find statements like these are referring to malacath.
  • TheCaptainJosh
    TheCaptainJosh
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently running eternal vigor, zaan, 2 piece trainee, malacath and vateshran inferno on my magblade. I primarily play no CP, so having no crit is not an issue for me.

This setup is absolutely busted. I also have a black rose resto for healing and unless I'm caught with my pants down I don't die. I've seen other players literally melt in front of me once vateshran and zaan are going. And I never run out of resources.

So yes I'd say the sacrifice of the two 5pc sets are worth it, in this meta its either proc or be procced
    AugustusGray
    PC NA
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Malacath depends on whether you want to play heavy armor or not. I've been trying out Elemental Succession, Ancient Grace, Zaan and Vate destro for battlegrounds because I want more skill damage and to not rely exclusively on procs. Definitely often kill people before Zaan procs much of the time
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Malacath depends on whether you want to play heavy armor or not. I've been trying out Elemental Succession, Ancient Grace, Zaan and Vate destro for battlegrounds because I want more skill damage and to not rely exclusively on procs. Definitely often kill people before Zaan procs much of the time

You want to kill without procs yet use vateshran and zaan?? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    I can see why procs are used as its currently proc or be procd, skills make little difference currently
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play mostly MagDK and personally don't think that Vateshran destro is good enough to break another five piece set, or a monster set. The damage itself isn't that bad, it's mostly when it's paired to Zaan it's a problem. If I were to break a five piece I'd have to remove either Crimson or Overwhelming, and I think both of those are better than the staff.
    EU PC
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vat/Brp destros
    2x Zaan
    5x Elfbane
    1x Malacath
    2x Endurance

Plays it self on MagDk

Edited by Zer0_CooL on January 18, 2021 3:26PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    I play mostly MagDK and personally don't think that Vateshran destro is good enough to break another five piece set, or a monster set. The damage itself isn't that bad, it's mostly when it's paired to Zaan it's a problem. If I were to break a five piece I'd have to remove either Crimson or Overwhelming, and I think both of those are better than the staff.

What you got to think though is by running vayeshran destro it opens up 3- 4 other slots for what ever you might want stat wise via use of weapon sets and trainee
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

What you got to think though is by running vayeshran destro it opens up 3- 4 other slots for what ever you might want stat wise via use of weapon sets and trainee

Yeah, but I've found that the five piece effects are better than stats in this disgusting proc meta, at least for me.
    EU PC
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Yeah, but I've found that the five piece effects are better than stats in this disgusting proc meta, at least for me.

Yea thats what I'm saying I can choose what 4 peice I want and run vateshran proc