The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help on magsorc DPS

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
Can you help with skills and rotation for magsorc?

I just returned after a break, and I'm trying to get back into the game.
Before I left ESO I was hitting "ok" numbers 70-80k on trial dummy.
I'm not doing that now, I cant remember my rotation or skills.

I'm 810cp, geared in Mothers sorrow and burning spellweave. I will use spellpower potions when I get a rotation down again.

I dont need to hit insane numbers . But around 75k+ would be a nice start to aim for.

Edit: spelling.
Edited by Gulnagel on January 9, 2021 3:11AM
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!

In terms of gear. Siroria, mother's sorrow and Zaan has the best dummy dps.

In terms of rotation/skills.
    Crystal frag, ele weapon, deadric prey, scamp, tormentor, storm atronach.

Wall, Boundless storm, trap, scamp, tormentor, comet.

This is a dynamic rotation that I use
    Trap, wall, boundless, scamp
    Swap
    Prey, spam x 5 or frag if proc.

Recast dots and buff when needed. And make sure to light before every skill (click the skill immediately your light attack goes off to cancel the animation)

The trial dummy also got buffed with more debuffs so people are parsing higher now. 70k pre markarth would be around 80k now.

If you could post a screenshot of your parse and the info window in cmx. We can help even more.
    Edited by Viewsfrom6ix on January 9, 2021 4:27AM
  • Gulnagel
    Gulnagel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!

Swap

Recast dots and buff when needed. And make sure to light before every skill (click the skill immediately your light attack goes off to cancel the animation)

The trial dummy also got buffed with more debuffs so people are parsing higher now. 70k pre markarth would be around 80k now.

If you could post a screenshot of your parse and the info window in cmx. We can help even more.

I'm on console so no pc :)

I will try your sugestions, but is trap prefered overacceleration? Thank you for the respons, rotation seems solid 🙂
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This might also be a good point of reference. The static rotation is in the description.

https://youtu.be/MgRZxF_NgdM
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trap is superior to channeled acc because it has no cast time. When you're parsing, you'll always be in melee range to get the trap off. However in trial or dung environment, channeled is preferred since you can't always be in melee range.

Another option is to swap MS out with Medusa for permanent minor force buff.
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!

Swap

A bit of warning here, this is straight up a dummy cheese setup. What I mean is that it's a setup tailored to only hit a dummy that doesn't move or hit back. It requires you to stay in melee range which you aren't going to do in actual practice. The last place you want to be in full light armor is in melee range.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eedat wrote: »
    Welcome back!

Swap

A bit of warning here, this is straight up a dummy cheese setup. What I mean is that it's a setup tailored to only hit a dummy that doesn't move or hit back. It requires you to stay in melee range which you aren't going to do in actual practice. The last place you want to be in full light armor is in melee range.

If you have a decent tank in dungeons and trials then every boss becomes a dummy that doesn’t move or hit back. MagDK, sweeps magplar, any class of vampire, and magcro with blastbones all have to stay in melee range for their skills to work, it’s certainly possible for Sorcerer to do the same in most fights.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on January 13, 2021 5:38PM