Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Buffs question

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
So for my necro...I've now learned that Savagery has zero impact on a necro using a staff. So before I make any other glaring mistakes, is there a list of buffs that impact whatever class? I see a lot of sites explaining what buffs DO, but not who they impact. Example, Sorcery...does THAT impact necromancer skills? I am assuming that say...Blastbones is a "spell", but maybe it's not? Heck I thought a staff was considered a "weapon" and I was wrong there ;) Thank you!

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that would boost spell damage would boost spell based flame damage. However, you can boost flame damage without increasing spell damage. Which is why sets that boost flame damage have a larger increase than one that boost spell damage. Burning Spellweave and Julianos as two examples.

Then there are Status Effects which have their own types of Buffs

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Answer ✓
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Thank you that's very helpful. So Blastbones, being flame damage, is not impacted by Sorcery buff, but the staff, an inferno staff, also does flame damage. So.....hrmm....not i'm confused again ;) It would be nice to see a DPS calculator that I could just pop in and see what's what. Thank you!
    As I understand all elemental damage get buffed by sorcery buff and the other magic buffs.

Some none named buffs are more specific like some sets 5th effect only buffing destruction staff skills but not others.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, Class Passives buff Class Skills. Set items buff either Attributes (Recovery or Base Stats), Defense or Offense.

The basic confusion comes that Staves are Magic Damage and all the other Weapons are Melee or Physical Damage. We are seeing more and more buffs to either kind of damage from one set.

Major Sorcery buffs Spell Damage so would help Staves and Necro Skills that do Spell Damage ( as in the not stamina morphs). So, if you are a MagNecro, you want to pick Magic Morphs and Staves for ultimate effect.

• DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you that's very helpful. So Blastbones, being flame damage, is not impacted by Sorcery buff, but the staff, an inferno staff, also does flame damage. So.....hrmm....not i'm confused again ;) It would be nice to see a DPS calculator that I could just pop in and see what's what. Thank you!
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome...thank you!