Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Msg asking PVE players to leave for low pop bonus?

LannStone
LannStone
✭✭✭✭
"Would you PVE players get your stuff and leave - you're ruining our pop bonus." The msg was from a player with AD (my alliance on that character in the Blackreach campaign). AD was first in scoring and highest in population but losing most of its keeps on the map. So I left without doing what I set out to do (get some AP from PVE stuff). What's the proper etiquette when I see a message like that?
Edited by LannStone on January 2, 2021 2:00AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP player here ... the proper etiquette is to ignore it and play however you want, @LannStone. ;)

You have the right to be there, too.

The number of PvE players in Cyrodiil is often over-exaggerated anyway (except for PvP events that draw in players for tickets) ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 2, 2021 2:32AM
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Taleof2Cities. Anybody disagree with this? BTW, I'm not against PVP, although I'm disheartened by the group mechanics and proc gear mechanics I've seen in my short time in Cyrodill
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't take anything in Cyrodiil zone too seriously. You have numerous different players with different playstyles all telling everyone else what to do, where to go and how to play. If you did all the things everyone asked you to do, you'd spin around in circles for hours. Do what you feel is right and accept that some people won't agree with it.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proper etiquette for that is to wash your hands before you flip off the monitor, and wear a mask if you're going to be laughing for more than five minutes.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    :)
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't take anything in Cyrodiil zone too seriously. You have numerous different players with different playstyles all telling everyone else what to do, where to go and how to play. If you did all the things everyone asked you to do, you'd spin around in circles for hours. Do what you feel is right and accept that some people won't agree with it.

Especially on Blackreach. You get a lot of cross-alliance players who will be spamming DC zone chat for everyone to go defend here or there, or protect the scroll runner on the bridge who is trying to bring it back (not).... it is because that is where their AD & EP friends are waiting to farm you for AP.

Best advice, ignore zone chat on Blackreach, nothing good happens there. Someone asking you to leave because the faction 10K points ahead wants a better bonus... Pffft.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »
    "Would you PVE players get your stuff and leave - you're ruining our pop bonus." The msg was from a player with AD (my alliance on that character in the Blackreach campaign). AD was first in scoring and highest in population but losing most of its keeps on the map. So I left without doing what I set out to do (get some AP from PVE stuff). What's the proper etiquette when I see a message like that?

You paid to play this game just like them. You have every right to do the content in that zone. They don't get to decide if you are allowed to be there. Ignore them, they are irrelevant to your gameplay.

ZOS is the one that put PVE content and skyshards in a PVP zone, ZOS is the one that forces a PVEer to join a PVP campaign to access that PVE content. They should be complaining to ZOS about you being there, if they have a problem with it.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What!?

How can a random player decide what you are going to do?

You paid as much as that person, and no matter how much people RP in their alliance, they do not have any rank or whatever in the zone.

So ignore, and do whatever you need to do with the freedom bestowed upon you by ZOS.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proper etiquette would be to reply with "Sure, I'm leaving now, gotta pay your mother a visit". Someone has to keep PvP traditions alive.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FWIW the first place team can never get a low pop bonus, only the factions in 2nd or 3rd.

Edit: or it might be a faction that holds emperor can't get the bonus, can't remember. Maybe both.
    Edited by Kartalin on January 5, 2021 4:00PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The proper etiquette is to ignore the message as the person who sent it does not have a clue. Heck, that person is probably the reason the alliance was losing keeps as they were sending out absurd messages instead of fighting.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the point when you invite all of your guilds for an alliance wide Skyshard hunt and celebratory picnic.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    Proper etiquette would be to reply with "Sure, I'm leaving now, gotta pay your mother a visit". Someone has to keep PvP traditions alive.

The real PvP is always in zone chat.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol cheeky ***. It is pretty frustrating when you see a bar more on your faction but are losing keeps. Cause 3/4 of that bar are sitting at the golden.
    But you got no right trying to get them to leave!