The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pummeling Goliath Morph

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a friendly reminder necromancer goliath morph "pummeling Goliath ULTIMATE" is still garbage and needs to be reworked! it is an ultimate and at this point shouldn't just sit on the shelf either change the entire morph or figure something out.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you just on some kind of crusade against ultimate these days.?
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daily reminder that the Magicka Morph of blastbones still literally is bugged and does nothing.

It needs to be changed since the skeleton does not run.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ultimate is OP when it comes to blocking the tanks view, so the tank can't see the boss to block/interupt/dodge their special attack.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just no reason to use it over Ravenous Goliath. Pummeling morph should probably be reworked into something else imo.
    Edited by dinokstrunz on December 31, 2020 5:17PM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    That ultimate is OP when it comes to blocking the tanks view, so the tank can't see the boss to block/interupt/dodge their special attack.

You're probably thinking of the colossus. The goliath is the necro transformation ulti.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minutely reminder that penetrating magic from destruction staff still only works with destruction staff abilities while maul's and maces add penetration to all physical damage.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yearly reminder that wardens nature's grasp was hit by 5 major nerfs within 2 patches knocking it from the strongest teamplay skill in game to the worst skill with highest conditions of all
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? Isn't that the ultimate that completely dominated PvP when it released? What happened?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily reminder that the Magicka Morph of blastbones still literally is bugged and does nothing.

I noticed this and thought I was either lagging severely or just crazy. He doesn't run at all, he just leaps an absurd distance to hit your target
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Really? Isn't that the ultimate that completely dominated PvP when it released? What happened?

The same thing that happens to every ability they adjust when they think it's even slightly too strong, they nerf them so much they become unusable.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you just on some kind of crusade against ultimate these days.?

crusade? not at all! this skill is an ultimate and doesn't make any sense for it to just be shelved and forcing players into using the other morph, because they can't seem to come up with an idea on how to either adjust it change it entirely. at this point they should just change it and allow for it summon lich crystals that do physical damage kind of like the nerienth set, they have all these blue prints they can use from NPC's they have created but instead they rather it just sit here and continue for it to be usesless.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I Agree no skill/ultimate especially on a class should just continue to sit around for patches unchecked.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just no reason to use it over Ravenous Goliath. Pummeling morph should probably be reworked into something else imo.

exactly my point it just needs to be gutted and reworked into something else. i love Avid boneyard but also hate that is is only catered towards magicka user's kind of like how majority of some skills are for different classes, i have played this game since launch and i continue to see them just resting on certain skills etc, while some get reverted back to it's original state.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was OVERLY tuned, and they KNEW that it was a selling point for necromancer, and afterwards they nerfed it because of the complaints, and they nerfed it so bad that the ultimate is "useless"
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    do not remind me of the nightmare that was elseweyr launch. Bashcro has had its glory.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee06OZKEx9o
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »

I noticed this and thought I was either lagging severely or just crazy. He doesn't run at all, he just leaps an absurd distance to hit your target

It will also jump up into the tree vs Longclaw in Selene’s web and hit the boss before he jumps down. It’s the most hilarious BB mechanic I have seen to date!
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flaaklypa wrote: »
    do not remind me of the nightmare that was elseweyr launch. Bashcro has had its glory.

ah so that means the morph should just be completely useless and not useable at all?

What are we playing an MMO for if weak, over-nerfed stuff can't be updated or changed?

Kinda defeats the purpose of constant balance/updates to existing classes.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pummeling Goliath is in the same boat as Perfect Scion. Why use it when the superior option is there for you to pick?
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Pummeling Goliath is in the same boat as Perfect Scion. Why use it when the superior option is there for you to pick?

Crazy how these useless morphs are allowed to exist for so long when almost all ults in the game have a very good use for both morphs.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crazy how these useless morphs are allowed to exist for so long when almost all ults in the game have a very good use for both morphs.

That's not the game I'm playing. So many useless ults ... and it seems there are more and more each year. With the changes to Minor/Major buffs, Consuming Darkness and Nova are a joke, Rite of Passage always has been. Radial Sweep has seen ups and downs, I'm not sure where it stands atm. And there are several morphs that are just not used because of superior alternatives, like Summon Charged Atronach and Shifting Standard.
    And those are just the class ultimates. Have you ever seen anyone use the DW ultimate, for instance? Or Sturdy Horn?

Sadly, Perfect Scion and Pummeling Goliath seem in pretty good company ...
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭

ah so that means the morph should just be completely useless and not useable at all?

What are we playing an MMO for if weak, over-nerfed stuff can't be updated or changed?

we dont need constant balance and whatever. lets fix the core issues of the game before we begin crying about unpopular morphs. we need a stable working server, with good preformance. Cyrodiil is a lagfest and it has been for the entire last year.
    Edited by Flaaklypa on January 3, 2021 2:21PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we dont need constant balance and whatever. lets fix the core issues of the game before we begin crying about unpopular morphs. we need a stable working server, with good preformance. Cyrodiil is a lagfest and it has been for the entire last year.

If we had waited for the "core issues" to be fixed, nothing would have happened balance-wise in the last 6 years, though.
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭

You do realize multiple jobs exist for a reason, right? The guy doing the balancing and ability changes isn't the same job as the people working on balance.

Kinda selfish of you to want to put these people out of a job.
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭

That's not the game I'm playing. So many useless ults ... and it seems there are more and more each year. With the changes to Minor/Major buffs, Consuming Darkness and Nova are a joke, Rite of Passage always has been. Radial Sweep has seen ups and downs, I'm not sure where it stands atm. And there are several morphs that are just not used because of superior alternatives, like Summon Charged Atronach and Shifting Standard.
    And those are just the class ultimates. Have you ever seen anyone use the DW ultimate, for instance? Or Sturdy Horn?

Sadly, Perfect Scion and Pummeling Goliath seem in pretty good company ...

Honestly, didn't know so many useless morphs for ultimates existed.

You'd think that the one skill in the game they'd make sure has two useful morphs would be ults.

Considering they are quite big and important.

Here's to hoping they change them eventually.