Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Urgalarg Chief-Bane **** ***

vhagar122
vhagar122
✭✭
Trying to get Balorgh Arm Cops for 2 weeks straight, got everything besides Arm Cops

Wiyu134.jpg
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have 7 chokethorn helms, still have no arm cops. I know that feel.
    Edited by Ryuvain on December 31, 2020 10:20AM
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a certain YouTube content creator who makes a habit of saying you should not buy the shoulders from the golden vendor and always gamble for them instead....🤮

To this daft idea I give answer...🤬

Two or three hundred gold is pocket change once you get the hang of it. A fraction of the effort of grinding for keys. Buy it and transmute or remake it, job done, no rng required... beyond the vagaries of the golden vendor of course and whichever random normal dungeon I end up doing every now and then... 😇
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ps, when it comes to gold don’t worry too much about the big ticket items as they can be a lot of fuss, look to the small stuff, the fine detail

I make three quarters of a million gold a week while watching the telly, no vet content required, and almost all of it comes in batches between 5 gold and 3000 gold

Details, people 🤓
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This used to be much worse. You now have a 1/6 chance every 5 keys rather than a 5 lots of a 1/36 chance. (the odds would be worse now due to even more monster sets being added)

It's a miscalculation to assume 5 lots of a 1/36 dip is 5/36 and therefor of similar equivilance, as this would assume one you receive an item that item was removed from the box - it is not, you can get the same item 20 times in a row, as we all know all too well

The rng system should add weighted preference to items not yet in your collection.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • supersonic_kitten
    supersonic_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the shoulder coffer RNG is a joke. I was out for any Zaan shoulders, any kind, bought 6 5-key coffers and 20 1-key ones, and got exactly one Zaan shoulder from a 1-key coffer, and it was heavy. The 5-key boxes gave me 4 Thurvokun medium and 2 heavy, so I can't even say I have all the shoulder pieces of that set collected after all that waste of keys.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh the shoulder coffer RNG is a joke. I was out for any Zaan shoulders, any kind, bought 6 5-key coffers and 20 1-key ones, and got exactly one Zaan shoulder from a 1-key coffer, and it was heavy. The 5-key boxes gave me 4 Thurvokun medium and 2 heavy, so I can't even say I have all the shoulder pieces of that set collected after all that waste of keys.

Why are you unhappy with heavy zaan? Just get a medium head and magic, you are done.
  • supersonic_kitten
    supersonic_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Why are you unhappy with heavy zaan? Just get a medium head and magic, you are done.

I am not unhappy (did say I was looking for any shoulder ;)) just saying that I wasted 50 keys just to get one piece. And I likely wouldn't have gotten it before running out of keys if I stuck to purchasing the 5-key boxes instead of deciding to gamble on the 1-key ones.
    It took me months to get an Iceheart shoulder from a 5-key box too, the game kept trolling me with Troll King ones... The RNG is just horrible.
    Edited by supersonic_kitten on December 31, 2020 11:51AM
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate her.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

I am not unhappy (did say I was looking for any shoulder ;)) just saying that I wasted 50 keys just to get one piece. And I likely wouldn't have gotten it before running out of keys if I stuck to purchasing the 5-key boxes instead of deciding to gamble on the 1-key ones.
    It took me months to get an Iceheart shoulder from a 5-key box too, the game kept trolling me with Troll King ones... The RNG is just horrible.

I stick to 1 keys. Because by the time I get the shoulder i want I will have so many of those I might want in the future. Saving me keys in the long run.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vhagar122 wrote: »
    Trying to get Balorgh Arm Cops for 2 weeks straight, got everything besides Arm Cops

Bad luck?
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loot tables are very tilted against bis sets for shoulders. This is very obvious then buy lots of 5 key boxes and only get the other set.
    Some say the rng for the 1 key box is better then looking at the cost, loot table might be less tilted and you obvious get stuff for the sticker book.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.