The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox EU seems dead - Need account transfers...

kerrmcse
kerrmcse
✭✭
I've played ESO since it's launch on PC/Mac because I couldn't wait for the console version, even though that was my preferred platform. When the option to transfer your characters to console if you had started on PC/Mac became available, I jumped at the chance and have been enjoying the game on Xbox ever since. The issue I have now is that with all the thousands of hours and hundreds of real-life pounds I've invested into the game on console, from what I've seen in recent weeks, the EU server on Xbox seems dead; areas that were once bustling with players are now little more than a wasteland for NPC's.
With the less than lively amount of activity I've noticed, playing the game the way I want to play it seems even harder. For example, I'm trying to grind out a bunch of dungeon gear for my characters, but it takes anywhere between 45 minutes and an hour for me to get into a group via the dungeon finder, only to then get a piece maybe once every 3 or 4 runs. It just takes too long to get into the right groups, and then even longer to actually obtain the rewards I wanted. Don't get me wrong, I've got no issue with having to grind for gear, but it's at the point where I'm struggling to do that because of a lack of people willing to help, or even people in general! Zone chat isn't much better when looking for a group; no matter how many times I ask for help (guilds included), it's just dead silence.
I used to play the game with a large group of friends, all of whom have either stopped playing or moved over to PC and started fresh. I'd love to join them, but I've spent so much money on this game and got so invested in my accomplishments that I can't stomach starting from near scratch - and due to the amount of content that has been released since PC accounts were allowed to move to console, that's basically what I'd be doing. I know that ZOS have made it very clear that they don't intend to allow account/character transfers again, but I really think that for me, if that doesn't happen, the game ends with a dead server. I don't want that to be the case.

Are any of you experiencing the same thing? Do you think the Xbox EU server is too quiet to play the group content?

P.S. If you're a member of an active PVE guild and you feel like proving me wrong, I'd love an invite! My gamertag is ManyFacedOne
  • udaba
    udaba
    ✭✭✭
    Account transfer should be a thing in ESO .. I hope in the future they add it .
    PC/EU 1600 CP+
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kerrmcse Are we playing the same game? Yesterday evening I wanted to farm Vaults of Madness and I've managed to do so 5 times in a row without waiting more than a few minutes and it wasn't even amongst the daily pledges! Though I admit some other times I'm not that lucky, but overall it seems that there are quite some players around, now possibly because of the event/holidays. I can't compare to PC, I was playing there many years ago and I don't know about PVP areas (I'm a disgrace at PVP so I rarely go there and usually do so when I've got a spare hour around lunchtime so I know I won't meet anyone). I'm in a couple of guilds that seems active (at least by looking at the chat), I could invite you and you try for yourself. I'm sorry you feel that way, and I dread the day I'll want to make the switch as well.
  • emsuperman24
    emsuperman24
    ✭✭✭
    I think it’s safe to say Xbox eu surely has a vastly smaller population from pc as that being the main platform. I have heard from my eso friends who play on both servers on Xbox that it is night and day as far as population goes. With the US server having a much healthier population. I tend to personally think the EU server population is hurting, but this is mainly coming from a pvp perspective. I don’t know if there is a cutoff point if the server became so bad they would offer a merge, but I have faith that they would obviously offer it in order to save a very passionate player base.

My personal hopes is that comes sooner rather than later, but I trust them to make a good decision on how to handle that.
  • AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    I play Xbox eu and although it’s certainly the quieter platform/server of them it’s certainly not dead. Try different guilds, plus take into consideration a lot of people are taking the holidays off.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we all know a server transfer is impossible.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Life Event.

That's what many players are doing, and when it's not one event it's another. There are too many of them in my view, and they follow on too quickly, concentrating players in certain areas according to the event and leaving other areas/content empty.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some who complain
    some who start over at PC

because MMOs in general are PC exclusive genre
    Edited by Waseem on January 1, 2021 10:46PM
    PC EU

• PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    I started on ps4 when I was able to join group content at prime times especially end game trials. Now with different job I only play 4 hours cst from morning till lunch when no 1 really plays especially end game players. Now I started on pc hoping to join end game content again but starting over is tedious.
    Edited by PandaPalace on January 2, 2021 12:14AM