The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A Crown Store Merchant That Can Repair Gear?

defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this has been tossed around etc.....but that, and the Drunk personality making it's way back in the crown store, is towards the top of my 'wish-list'.

🍻
I'm offended that ur offended....

PC NA
PSN NA
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the same thought a few times. But that would make the crown merchants pay-to-win, as they would allow players who spend reallife cash to repair inside dungeons. Versus players who can't repair inside dungeons, as they did not spend reallife cash to buy that same merchant.

PS: Drunks are stupid!
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    I've had the same thought a few times. But that would make the crown merchants pay-to-win, as they would allow players who spend reallife cash to repair inside dungeons. Versus players who can't repair inside dungeons, as they did not spend reallife cash to buy that same merchant.

PS: Drunks are stupid!

But they allow you to vendor inside dungeons, which also gives players who spent the crowns an advantage as its known that non-subscribers and never-Crowners don't have as much bag space.

Also when you're in a dungeon the merchant/banker can be used by your group as well, so I feel like adding repairs to it would beneficial to everyone especially if you're someone who didn't spend those crowns.
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sarannah I don't see how it would help anyone "win" by having a merchant with a added repair option.

As Faiza mentioned, it would be a benefit to all in the group....just as using someone's banker and or the current crown merchants.

I, like many, have and still buy crowns....as well as keep a eso+ sub. Anyone I group with is always welcome to utilize those IF they don't already own them.

Our views on the Drunk personality are obviously different.

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    I've had the same thought a few times. But that would make the crown merchants pay-to-win, as they would allow players who spend reallife cash to repair inside dungeons. Versus players who can't repair inside dungeons, as they did not spend reallife cash to buy that same merchant

This game is *already* on the pay-to-win spectrum and has been for quite some time. Even if this was not the case, the scenario you describe also already exists - you can buy repair kits in the cash shop, as well as buy group repair kits in the cash shop. This, actually, is probably why they won't ever allow our overpriced cash shop only merchants to repair anything. Why add that functionality to the merchants when they can instead charge for one time use repair kits and group repair kits?
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    It would never be pay to win as you can get repair kits pretty easy and repair everywhere by using them instead of repairing at a merchant
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Starlock There are also merchants that can buy ones junk as well as bankers to store/save items in game, but yet they added personal merchants and bankers to buy (optional).

Whether it's this game or others, the whole 'microtransactions and optional in game purchases', is the way it goes.

My hope is that they add repairing to the merchants..and or add another one with that feature.

🍻

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sarannah I don't see how it would help anyone "win" by having a merchant with a added repair option.

As Faiza mentioned, it would be a benefit to all in the group....just as using someone's banker and or the current crown merchants.

I, like many, have and still buy crowns....as well as keep a eso+ sub. Anyone I group with is always welcome to utilize those IF they don't already own them.

As mentioned in posts above mine, if you're doing your crafting dailies you should be swimming in repair kits, @defcon.dealer1b14_ESO.

Those are portable and can be taken into dungeons (as well as traded with other players in dungeons).

Want something that benefits the entire group at once?

No problem.

The Impresario sells group repair kits for a few tickets during the events. It just so happens there is an event going on right now! ;)

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 29, 2020 10:37PM
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @raaphor Exactly, it would be a nice convenience for those that would purchase it/have it it added to the merchants already owned. 👍👍

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already allowed us to have Banker inside dungeon of which we can deposit Repair kit inside that we can withdraw.

Might as well add option to remove this inconvenience by adding Repair Merchant, if it's too OP just make the repair cost a bit more than you would normally do in normal ways.
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities Yes my friend, I have been around since 2013 🍺🍺 I own several of the kits....just as I own several mounts, when I actually only need 1 🤘

My 'wish-list' for a merchant that can repair, is still the same.😎

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did not think about all those options. My bad!

Just for the record, I do not consider ESO pay-to-win in any way. But that is a whole other discussion hehe.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct. There is no aspect of the merchant being able to repair that is P2W.

However, it does seem intentional on Zos's part that they cannot repair just as we cannot access our guild stores via the banker. With housing that is even more so as Zos has said they want to give us reason to enter the cities when speaking about limiting the functionality of the housing.
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk Agreed.

I'm definitely not holding my breath waiting for what I would like added to the game, but just tossed out a couple of things I'd really like to see.

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [quote="Sarannah;c-7066472"players who spend reallife cash to repair inside dungeons. Versus players who can't repair inside dungeons, as they did not spend reallife cash to buy that same merchant.[/quote]

Three words
    Crown Repair Kits.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Repair kits are earnable in game and buyable with gold. Crown repair kits from login rewards. Group repair kits are the ticket overflow sink during events. Having the items degrade is just a minor inconvience and a gold sink.

I would not complain if merchant pet gained repair funtionality. Would save one inventory slot. Totally p2w.

• TwistedEvil
    TwistedEvil
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this has been tossed around etc.....but that, and the Drunk personality making it's way back in the crown store, is towards the top of my 'wish-list'.

🍻

100% agree dude
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The premise is that things you buy in the crown store would never be better than what you can find in game.

So the banker/merchant are portable, but they don't have all the features of the merchants/bankers in the world to make up for that.
    The Moot Councillor
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    The premise is that things you buy in the crown store would never be better than what you can find in game.

So the banker/merchant are portable, but they don't have all the features of the merchants/bankers in the world to make up for that.

I don't care about the banker, only the merchant.

There's only people's different opinions/interpretatios/expectations....not a specific guideline to go by. I.e the "premise" you stated is not how everyone sees it.

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As many have said this would be Pay To Win which would be massively unfair.
  • robertthebard
    robertthebard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    [quote="Sarannah;c-7066472"players who spend reallife cash to repair inside dungeons. Versus players who can't repair inside dungeons, as they did not spend reallife cash to buy that same merchant.

Three words
    Crown Repair Kits.[/quote]

Don't even need those, merchants sell repair kits that are level specific, for in game currency. I guess those are P2W too...
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    [quote="Sarannah;c-7066472"players who spend reallife cash to repair inside dungeons. Versus players who can't repair inside dungeons, as they did not spend reallife cash to buy that same merchant.

Three words
    Crown Repair Kits.

Don't even need those, merchants sell repair kits that are level specific, for in game currency. I guess those are P2W too...[/quote]

Just a thought: The repair kits are sold at the vendors for in game gold ie gold you have earned by playing the game so I would class vendor repair kits as Play to Win.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

I don't care about the banker, only the merchant.

There's only people's different opinions/interpretatios/expectations....not a specific guideline to go by. I.e the "premise" you stated is not how everyone sees it.

The premise is how ZOS introduced the Crown Store. It's not my interpretation, it's theirs. So if you want the Merchant to repair, what would you give up in place of that ability?
    The Moot Councillor
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LalMirchi Many have also stated it would not be a p2w. Also, the many, and I say many because, if we're being honest here, since the assistants were introduced to date, players have been and are pulling out bankers and merchants allover the game.

And during grouped runs, members that do not have them, benefit as well.

I've never seen/heard anyone in a group I've been in start the 'not fair, pay to win' speech. They have actually been more than glad someone had a banker and or merchant.

@AlnilamE Ha, I've 'given up' a lot since launch.....but I've also 'gained' a lot.

What would I give up in order for the personal merchant to have the ability to repair? Nothing. Why should myself or anyone that has them, have to give anything up?

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice and it is by no means pay to win.
  • TwistedEvil
    TwistedEvil
    ✭✭✭
    @LalMirchi Many have also stated it would not be a p2w. Also, the many, and I say many because, if we're being honest here, since the assistants were introduced to date, players have been and are pulling out bankers and merchants allover the game.

And during grouped runs, members that do not have them, benefit as well.

I've never seen/heard anyone in a group I've been in start the 'not fair, pay to win' speech. They have actually been more than glad someone had a banker and or merchant.

@AlnilamE Ha, I've 'given up' a lot since launch.....but I've also 'gained' a lot.

What would I give up in order for the personal merchant to have the ability to repair? Nothing. Why should myself or anyone that has them, have to give anything up?

I do not have a merchant and I have been more than happy to use someone's in a group.

Through the years I have never heard anyone complain (in game) and I to see them being used daily.

Definitely not a pay to win/unfair advantage thing......it's not just used by the owner.
  • MajorDavood
    MajorDavood
    ✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    They already allowed us to have Banker inside dungeon of which we can deposit Repair kit inside that we can withdraw.

Might as well add option to remove this inconvenience by adding Repair Merchant, if it's too OP just make the repair cost a bit more than you would normally do in normal ways.

That's a nice compromise solution! Give our merchants the ability to repair but at a slightly higher cost. I'd be all for that. If ZOS did something with this, I suspect they'd add a repair merchant so they could sell it in the crown store. I'd be ok with that.
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »

That's a nice compromise solution! Give our merchants the ability to repair but at a slightly higher cost. I'd be all for that. If ZOS did something with this, I suspect they'd add a repair merchant so they could sell it in the crown store. I'd be ok with that.

I'd be ok with them adding a 4th assistant that we could repair our gear....but would prefer it added to the ones already out there. Those little cat things that you can barely see included 🍻

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm talking about the merchant specifically. My point is that things in the Crown Store are not better than things you find in game. In the merchant's case, the trade off is that you can summon them (almost) anywhere, but they don't repair or sell you things.

I would like this line not to be crossed, otherwise the game ends up like BDO, where everything in the store is better than the in-game equivalent and inconveniences are built into the game on purpose to make you spend money.

So if you want to have the merchant repair, what would be the drawback you are willing to have?

I'll give you a personal example: I would like to be able to summon the merchant in Cyrodiil or IC (this is a "pet" limitation and not merchant specific, though).

In order to have that, I would be willing to take either a 20-minute cooldown, or a 20% cut on the price the merchant pays for stuff.

So if you want the merchant to repair, would you be willing to have the repair cost be 3x as much as with a regular merchant, for example? Or have a cooldown on being able to summon them? Or something else?
    The Moot Councillor
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @AlnilamE My answer is still unchanged. No 'punishment' IF they added repair and or a specific repair merc to buy.

You don't want it....myself and others would. Thats how this world spins.

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this and other obvious QOL things were where I thought they might go with a horizontal progression CP system... but no.