Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with setups please?!

notachik
notachik
✭✭✭
I’m pretty good n pve..can’t figure things out in pvp.I’m too tanky no damage or good damage(against Npc) squishy.

I have no idea what sets or traits or weapons,attributes etc
I have 2 dedicated characters for cyrodiil.
Wood elf stamden
Imperial stamdk
I’m sure it’s lag when another player hits me twice and the recap shows 6 hits (executable spams)
But I can’t find that balance..taking a resource gets me insta killed or I gotta face tank it and swing for forever
People I whisper too are reluctant to share whatvthey are doing so I’m looking for help up here
Ps4 NA no CP campaigns skills gear passives crafting safe to say I have access to everything so I’m not very limited but any suggestions you might have..not looking to be a superstar just manageable..
P.s. usually solo and some things I’ve tried work one day and not the next.
Edited by notachik on December 28, 2020 7:33PM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't play those roles so I will leave that for future posts.

What I can offer,
    • Use your enviroment-LoS
    • Have great food and buy/craft immovable pots - siege vendor sells them cheap.
    • Watch, & ask questions, pvp players on eso twitch. You will learn a lot from players that have more experience and time.
    • Know the type of pvp you want to do, & build for it.
    • Know when to pull back and reset.

Hope that helps a little.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on December 28, 2020 8:33PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please list what sets and abilities you are using, along with mundus and food.

Also please list what playstyle you want.

The thing is I could list builds and sets for days and may or may not help you
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    I have run combinations of crimson unleashed venom venom smite viper 1 and 2 piece slime craw sellistrix selenes elfbane oblivion(crafted) sunder flame usually medium and heavy combos

Food any rag outs and sugar skulls

Any popular class direct damage skills for both and combos of 2h ,sword and shield,dual weild and bows.

Set weapons and combos with maelstrom and vateshran weapons.
    Play style I can go either long range or up close or combo of both usually prefer to be “in the fight”
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    notachik wrote: »
    I have run combinations of crimson unleashed venom venom smite viper 1 and 2 piece slime craw sellistrix selenes elfbane oblivion(crafted) sunder flame usually medium and heavy combos

Food any rag outs and sugar skulls

Any popular class direct damage skills for both and combos of 2h ,sword and shield,dual weild and bows.

Set weapons and combos with maelstrom and vateshran weapons.
    Play style I can go either long range or up close or combo of both usually prefer to be “in the fight”

Do you prefer 1vX solo play, small group, or 12m ball?
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    I’m usually relegated to solo or following around I guess it’s called Zerg surfing. I’m not one to run away from a 1vX but usually it only takes 1 guy to do me in

Also I do have WW but have only used against npcs as a last resort .I can’t stay in form for as long as I’ve seen and really don’t want to go that route I die just as fast anyway and have a very small pool of magicka
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=282444

That's the stamden build I'm running this patch. I still need to update stamdk. I hope this helps.
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭

That's the stamden build I'm running this patch. I still need to update stamdk. I hope this helps.

That was a link to a stamplar
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok based on what you've said; I recommend:

Heavy x6, x1 medium.

Crimson x4/x5 with SnB back bar
    Vateshran 2h axe/greatsword front bar
    Malacath
    Balorgh x2
    Trainee
    Endurance x2

Going for a higher health pool to take advantage of article
    Proc sets that can be buffed by Malacath

For an ability set up:

Front bar
    BoP, Fissure, Executioner, Rally/FM, Artic Wind - permafrost
    Back bar
    Ice fortress, Netch, pierce armor, defensive posture, RaT - Spell Wall

For 1vX maybe swap executioner for cleave

Skulls Food with Serpent Mundus, Infused jewelry with weapon damage / stam regen depending on your tastes of how much.

Divines sturdy or impreg trait, maybe well fitted if you wanna dodge occasionally vs block

This is what I would start out with and adjust to what works for me.

Maybe it'll help.
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 29, 2020 4:20AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭

Heavy x6, x1 medium.

Malacath
    Balorgh
    Trainee
    Endurance x2

For an ability set up:

Front bar
    Back bar

Skulls Food with Serpent Mundus, Infused jewelry with weapon damage / stam regen depending on your tastes of how much.

Divines sturdy or impreg trait, maybe well fitted if you wanna dodge occasionally vs block

Maybe it'll help.

• notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    One pice of balorgh?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One pice of balorgh?

And if you go endurance, go the 3rd piece with 5th crimson back bar (adding over 600 health regen)
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 29, 2020 4:22AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭

Heavy x6, x1 medium.

Malacath
    Balorgh
    Trainee
    Endurance x2

For an ability set up:

Front bar
    Back bar

Maybe it'll help.

That setup Will kill you, youre missing one very important skill on your bar.....
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a nice meta build for you: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=291109

You can swap EV for Syvarra's Scales instead if you want more proc damage. I prefer the sustain set so I can run weapon damage glyphs, though.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That was a link to a stamplar

Lol that's what I meant a stamplar. I was playing stamden yesterday, apologies..
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @angelofdeath333 that was off of the top of my head; but im curious AF, what skill am I missing?

Edit: was it living vines? I did forget about the green.... Drop .... RaT and for with FM over Rally?
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 29, 2020 5:02PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    @angelofdeath333 that was off of the top of my head; but im curious AF, what skill am I missing?

Edit: was it living vines? I did forget about the green.... Drop .... RaT and for with FM over Rally?

Prolly gonna day vigor...what’s RaT by the way?
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭

Spot on my guy
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Race against time - psijic skill line
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /facepalm vigor.... Ugh. Was on the right path tho lol
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 29, 2020 6:53PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    Here's a nice meta build for you: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=291109

You can swap EV for Syvarra's Scales instead if you want more proc damage. I prefer the sustain set so I can run weapon damage glyphs, though.
    Ran this last night it was good sustain and not too tanky but had garbage damage output..on the link it’s like 3k weapon damage but mine stayed at 1.7k...
    I think my malacath ring is broken cause whenever I try it I don’t see an improvement in damage.if I don’t run it my numbers are higher and not higher from crit just higher in general..I think I need to test it on a target dummy.
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something to keep in mind, there's no "best" way to build a class and there's no "best" way to play a class. What is important is there is a best way to play a build.

If you are creating a new build, make sure you really understand where your build exceeds and what are it's weakpoints. Resource sustain, burst, healing, pressure, fighting outnumbered, etc.

As horrible (absolutely horrible) as this meta feels, the one bright side is there is extremely high build diversity. All these builds can work for you, if you play to them. So when you try one of them out, give it some time to figure out how to play to it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m usually relegated to solo or following around I guess it’s called Zerg surfing. I’m not one to run away from a 1vX but usually it only takes 1 guy to do me in

giphy.gif

bless you for your forthrightness...your honesty alone will get you fighting much better in cyro in no time at all :)

Wood elf stamden
    Imperial stamdk

those are two good bases to build on...both are very durable fighters, not tremendous executors though, unless you can really get the two hander working well for you...

the good news is - if you're really successful in pve, you should have access to all kinds of gear (and gold), and you should be familiar with putting together skill rotations...

you're not far off at all, just like dungeons - there are "mechanics" you'll need to get familiar with in cyrodiil...

i hang out in ps4/na, hope to see you out there @notachik , which side you fighting for?
    Edited by geonsocal on January 2, 2021 6:58AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place