The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO feature wish list.

emeraldshado
emeraldshado
✭✭✭
1) I would like another black reach area, but with a main city that we build up as a player base.

I find sometimes my eyes don't like the brightness of some of the zones during the day, and I thoroughly enjoy the shades of the black reach zones.

I would like to see an underground zone where we go about setting up an outpost / city for reasons and as we collect things, the city grows as a form of character development or some such. would be a mining city, or a mushroom cultivating city. I could literally spend hours down in black reach from the nice lighting, if there were gathererables or repeatable quests within a a city with a wayshrine and crafting stations. Underneath the rift would be a decent place since topside is already done.

2) I think a follower / companion, like in star wars the old replublic, or world of warcraft, or diablo II, where you could either hire some one from town as a contract, from that regional hub, or actually have a companion and a story with which to go through with them to have you be emotionally attached with this person, would solve an issue where some people play at what I would call " off hours" , where the server pop is low at that time, and they find few if any people to group with to get dragons or harrow storms done. I think this would be a good feature for everyone. the problem would be if in a group size of 4, would the companion / follower still be present, or dismissed back to town? does it matter? thy would not be permissible in the arena regions of game content, as those are supposed to be solo from my understanding.

3) weapon skill lines , pikes / lances / pole arms

3.1) magika tank without sword and shield , not wearing heavy armour, skill line, using light armour. using spells and passives to bolster defense while taunting and blocking.
wands, spell books, casting animation similar in style to aion mmo casting

3.2) trinkets / earings under jewel crafting? additional gear slot? personalizing items, placing your name on something?

4) spell crafting

5) cyrodil grouping back to 24 size. on a better hardware platform.

6) a black reach zone that is contested between the Ebonheart Pact, Aldmeri Dominion and Daggerfall Covenant for a certain amount of time, where the winning faction gets control of the zone for 3 - 5 days for pve's to be able to quest in there as well?
I say 3 - 4 days so that the conflcit will cascade through days allowing people across the globe to experience it on one of their weekends every so often based upon their timezone and work schedules.

something similar to warcrafts "wintergrasp" zone tol barad, or arch-ages zones that are occasionaly under conflict.
this would give pvpers new content outside of cyrodil and battlegrounds, as well as provide pve players the quests after the zone has been conquered. most will dislike this idea i expect, but it will give some content that would be faction based while also offering pvp and pve.

7) player house fishing ponds ( can have fishing competitions) farming, you can collect so many seeds and plant some flowers at your house so you have local flowers that you want. i know you have a hireling that mails you stuff, but this you can choose what to play yourself and gives you a farmy vibe ? to housing?

8) Falkreath zone where we experience the aftermath of the besieged city.

9) Aldmeris( I like the idea of an underwater magical city ( think star wars episode 1 gungan city ) ) though no swimming, all regular walking like now, but underwater some how. or recent risen ( :( ) with kraken monster , water mounts. water combat / mounted combat. though this is probably after the continent of Tamriel is filled out.

water / ice / mist caster class?

thoughts?
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Falkreath Zone that had optional dialogue if you completed the Falkreath Dungeon would be nice.

I think Spell Crafting was an abandoned idea but we'll see in the Oblivion announcement.

I think the game could use Alliance themed battlegounds in zones - keeping the Alliance War relevant and not something just in Cyrodil. After all, wouldn't there be conflict with EP coming to Elsweyr or AD to Skyrim?

I think setting up a player base which influences a zone is a bit complicated. If I want to do housing then that's what I'll do. WoW made the mistake of "Barracks" which is much like the idea you proposed and it failed. People wanted housing and instead Barracks - which became irrelevant after an expansion.

On one hand House Resource Farming would be convenient - on the other hand it would discourage players from going out into the world to get their resources. So that'd be a no from me

My Wish-List
    - Story Guide (give new players a guide on the story order)
    - Choose your Beginning
    - Veteran Story Setting
    - Horde Mode gameplay activity
    - Keep Older Content Relevant (do better to prevent empty zones)
    - Change summonable pets Appearance
    - Transformation skins
    - More Types of Mounts
    - More in-game obtainable cosmetics
    - More unique models and less re-skinning
    - Naval Combat + Water overhaul
    Options
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    companion idea is from 4 people in black reach not being able to complete the harrow storm fast enough that we were getting over run by 5 bosses and wiping us. That just frustrates players that play in off times, and in older content that is no longer "reliant" . Elswyer vs southern Elswyer, southern Elswyer has a better dragon proximity to the way shrines than north, so most people spend their time down there due to the layout being more optimized. people still needing the achievements for the northern section would be left high and dry until people are brought back to the old zone, either through a re vitalization effort, or with the addition of a companion.

a revitalization effort: can lead a horse to water, can't make 'em drink. even they bring players back to the zone, there is no guarentee that those players, or a % of them would actually engage in the dragons or harrow storms for example, when the layout of the land is less optomized time wise than that of the mini zone, for example. others may simple not be interested.

the alchemy reagents should be enough to entice people, but again, i would guess that those that are there for the reagents are in the smaller 4th quarter zones than in the 2nd quarter expac area so as not to waste their time.

10) MOUNTS THAT ARE OBTAINABLE OUTSIDE THE CROWN STORE.
    or a quest that offers a voucher... this product seriously suffers from (player driven? , or lack of designer implemented object acheivable ingame mounts wordy.. )

11)
    cosmetics.
    Warden: change my bear into a polar bear, a black bear, a pizzly bear (polar grizzly , look it up. )
    change my cliff racer into a hawk.

let me have an owl non combat pet that will get worms or something while i'm killing or fishing.

"
    I think setting up a player base which influences a zone is a bit complicated. If I want to do housing then that's what I'll do. WoW made the mistake of "Barracks" which is much like the idea you proposed and it failed. People wanted housing and instead Barracks - which became irrelevant after an expansion.
    "

my reply:
    "influence zone" is meant to be a zone controlled by a faction that won the pvp event in that zone, opening the zone up for dailies. in "influence" in this case would be red or blue or yellow.

"
    On one hand House Resource Farming would be convenient - on the other hand it would discourage players from going out into the world to get their resources. So that'd be a no from me
    "

my reply:
    this would be for about two to three plants, thus still necessitating the adventure, and going to markets for warez.
    Options