The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolf light attack base damage? I don’t understand why my dps is so low

Marsianx
Marsianx
Does anyone know exactly how much damage a Werewolf light attack is supposed to do? Like maybe how much would they do if I had nothing equipped? Why I’ve read up on it, and my dps is really low. No pots, or poison, just food. Weapon damage as a Werewolf is over 3400. My dps on a dummy doing light attacks only is 15.3. I have 20% Master of Arms, something like 7% increase in physical damage, some penetration, almost 60% crit as a WW. CP 287. It just doesn’t add up and CS is giving me the run around. I feel like I should be doing twice as much damage.
Edited by Marsianx on December 28, 2020 7:55AM
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They lowered the attack speed of we light attacks by quite alot. So you actually have to use skills now. Also use the trial target dummy. You probably have close to 0 penetration otherwise
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light attack spam on werewolf is no longer as strong as it used to be. For more details as of why Your DPS is only 15k You would have to provide more info about Your setup and most ideally cmx screenshots or combat log link.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Light attack spam on werewolf is no longer as strong as it used to be. For more details as of why Your DPS is only 15k You would have to provide more info about Your setup and most ideally cmx screenshots or combat log link.
    Tbh. That is not the case since like... more than 1 year or something. It was changed back in Elsweyr or Scalebreaker DLC. Before that, yes there was a way to use WW with Blood Moon Set and basically Light Attack things to death (in PvE dungeons, it was very easy to get decent DPS).

I think in one of those updated they removed bleed dmg bonus from Pack Leader and reduced bleed dmg bonus on WW Berserker.

Currently - I don't really know what happened, and all light attacks seems to be slower and kinda clunky (WW and Bow LA "waving" seems to be most noticeable for me). I don't recall reading something like that in Patch Notes (maybe I missed it) so I am not sure if this is intended or a bug.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Tbh. That is not the case since like... more than 1 year or something. It was changed back in Elsweyr or Scalebreaker DLC. Before that, yes there was a way to use WW with Blood Moon Set and basically Light Attack things to death (in PvE dungeons, it was very easy to get decent DPS).

I think in one of those updated they removed bleed dmg bonus from Pack Leader and reduced bleed dmg bonus on WW Berserker.

Currently - I don't really know what happened, and all light attacks seems to be slower and kinda clunky (WW and Bow LA "waving" seems to be most noticeable for me). I don't recall reading something like that in Patch Notes (maybe I missed it) so I am not sure if this is intended or a bug.

I know all of that but judging from the main post I have wierd feeling that OP was using some outdated rewewolf guide.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 28, 2020 2:19PM
    Options
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like they might be using old guide... my wolfs fine minus the odd lag in light attack weaving which I am still adjusting for... seems light attack “bug” for bows and ww attacks might stay :/.
    Options
  • Marsianx
    Marsianx
    How are you weaving light attacks with a WW?
    Options
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    Marsianx wrote: »
    How are you weaving light attacks with a WW?

There's hardly ever a time you aren't weaving light attacks, WW included. With the recent changes especially, WW weaving is now the same as anything non-WW. They took the WW LA global cool down from 0.5 seconds to 0.7 seconds, bringing it in-line with all other weapons.

The never use abilities, Blood Moon, light attacks spam was severely nerfed. Werewolf as a whole got a buff though, on top of the buff already gained in Greymoor. Possible downside, if you are staunchly refusing to learn ESO's combat and want WW LA spam as your solution for still passable DPS, it's gone. Possible upside, WW as a whole is now much more competitive DPS.

You just need to treat it like you'd treat any other class, good LA weave timing and rotation.
    Options
  • Marsianx
    Marsianx
    I’m starting to figure it out. The reason I was most frustrated is that my back is messed up, and it’s harder to weave because it pinches and I get really tired. It gets a little better every day with PT and today I was doing a little better and did get a few weaves in with howl, and in non WW form. I’ll keep at it. Thanks for the advice.
    Options